SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that TE had said that the last call was 3:41 before the info of the 6:00 calls were made public. I don't think LE wanted him stating that info in the beginning. That is the only thing that makes sense to me.lol

The record is the record regardless of if or when it's made public. TE read the phone record and reported it to LE, who surely then saw it for themselves.

While I'm of the opinion that HE was deceased in a relatively short period of time after her date, I would think any contrived phone 'activity' better match up with ping locations that are reasonable, or someone's alibi has failed. Now, maybe whoever did this and played with the phone was smart enough to have his or her phone pinging from a specific address somewhere, while He's pinged from her condo and then finally PTL.

Nonetheless, two presumably credible sources (TE and LE), that saw the same record, are reading it differently.

This matters to me as I sift through the case because if 3:41 was in fact the last time the phone was used at all, as TE said, then this was decidedly well-planned, because a lot of steps and bases were covered before the perp/s wrapped up the crime by 3:41, including staging the last bogus phone activity.

If the phone was last used at 6:00, I would love to see how the pings rolled, and from where, because if she was deceased before 3:41, that's a case of someone placing even more distance between them and the time of the crime, and spending some serious time creating the illusion that all was well for another 4 or so hours after the date.

I think the more people lie sometimes, the more they tell the truth. I think this is the case with the perp(s) here, and the phone log is somehow going to be a large wrench in the alibi, not a help to it.

JMO.

Again, Heather is absolutely a victim, without question.

And, no, Heather is not a parent. However, she did make a choice when it comes to this relationship. If she told the roommate that he was leaving his wife, she knew the situation and the people involved. I stand by my opinion - the BIGGEST victims are the ones that did not have a choice about being involved with this entire mess, and the ones that will likely be scarred from the mess in the future - by no choices of their own.

Heather made a choice [modsnip]! Are you really trying to put SM's troubles on the missing person? If SM,who was quite a bit older than Heather,[modsnip] If he's so concerned about his family being harassed,perhaps he could come clean with LE? Clear his name? Nope....he's not talking. And where is Heather? I'm going to let this go. It's beyond me.

IMO using the PR we saw as an accurate source may not be a great idea. [modsnip]. The actual phone info may have been corrected/updated since that was written. Police reports change, are modified, added to. Etc The person who wrote it may have heard that her phone was in use at 6am, when really, that could be the time it last pinged, for example. I am not placing a lot of credence in the details from that report and LE has said nothing.

I do not really see what point would be served by pretending to extend the time SM was on the phone with Heather, I guess, especially as no one knows what time she left her apartment, so an alibi cannot be nailed down anyway. And if she is ever found, certainly a matter of two or so hours is not likely to be relevant, as far as time of death, for instance.

I think what they were attempting to do is establish an alibi that they were at their home at 6:00 am and HE was calling/texting them on her phone from her home. Thus, the perp can say something to the effect that he was home at 6 am and then went to work and HE was OK and trying to contact him and what may have happened to HE occurred after the perp was home. Of course, this is just my theory.

The record is the record regardless of if or when it's made public. TE read the phone record and reported it to LE, who surely then saw it for themselves.

While I'm of the opinion that HE was deceased in a relatively short period of time after her date, I would think any contrived phone 'activity' better match up with ping locations that are reasonable, or someone's alibi has failed. Now, maybe whoever did this and played with the phone was smart enough to have his or her phone pinging from a specific address somewhere, while He's pinged from her condo and then finally PTL.

Nonetheless, two presumably credible sources (TE and LE), that saw the same record, are reading it differently.

This matters to me as I sift through the case because if 3:41 was in fact the last time the phone was used at all, as TE said, then this was decidedly well-planned, because a lot of steps and bases were covered before the perp/s wrapped up the crime by 3:41, including staging the last bogus phone activity.

If the phone was last used at 6:00, I would love to see how the pings rolled, and from where, because if she was deceased before 3:41, that's a case of someone placing even more distance between them and the time of the crime, and spending some serious time creating the illusion that all was well for another 4 or so hours after the date.

I think the more people lie sometimes, the more they tell the truth. I think this is the case with the perp(s) here, and the phone log is somehow going to be a large wrench in the alibi, not a help to it.

JMO.

All good thoughts!!! I just know that in the beginning,TE stated 3:41 but later LE stated that calls were made between HE and SM though 6:00. I'm sorry,I know that I'm not being very helpful but here is the article.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

Horry County police records are focusing on telephone activity that occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18 between Heather Elvis’ cell phone and a man with whom she had a relationship history, according to documents obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

I think what they were attempting to do is establish an alibi that they were at their home at 6:00 am and HE was calling/texting them on her phone from her home. Thus, the perp can say something to the effect that he was home at 6 am and then went to work and HE was OK and trying to contact him and what may have happened to HE occurred after the perp was home. Of course, this is just my theory.

Maybe...it depends if the "back and forth" was happening as late as six. Also, if he did in fact go to work that early as a rule, which seems unlikely if he worked at other businesses doing contract work, but not impossible. Would be odd if he went to work unusually early that day.

JMO I do not really see the point of TE driving by the house. Intimidation? Surely SM is not going to suddenly grow a conscious and confess, if guilty. If anything, he will be less likely to say a word, IMO, with all of the pressures from locals. I can only imagine what would happen to him if he did confess...

IMO using the PR we saw as an accurate source may not be a great idea. [modsnip] The actual phone info may have been corrected/updated since that was written. Police reports change, are modified, added to. Etc The person who wrote it may have heard that her phone was in use at 6am, when really, that could be the time it last pinged, for example. I am not placing a lot of credence in the details from that report and LE has said nothing.

I'm going with what TE said because he's said it multiple times, and if he saw anything like I see when I look at my own phone activity, from calls to texts to data, there's no confusion about when my last activity was. Pings would be different.

And I just hope in lovely Heather's name that someone got their pings twisted when creating an alibi.

I would so love to see what I like to call a Beautiful Screw-Up somewhere in this phone game.

All good thoughts!!! I just know that in the beginning,TE stated 3:41 but later LE stated that calls were made between HE and SM though 6:00. I'm sorry,I know that I'm not being very helpful but here is the article.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

Horry County police records are focusing on telephone activity that occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18 between Heather Elvis’ cell phone and a man with whom she had a relationship history, according to documents obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

Exactly.

So who got it wrong? (I'm posing the question, not suggesting you should have the answer).

When I look at my phone records, they stay the same.

Whatever the case, I agree there was a contrived record for the purpose of an alibi.

Here is another example of heather's phone/post showing 6:12 am and her actual post says it is 9:12 AM. So the twitter post ishow it as PST, too. https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis/status/351689736265547776

I'd venture she has a t-Mobile phone and never set the phone to reflect the time as EST. This was a big issue in another high profile case and it was figured out by seeing at the bottom of the paper bill that the default for T-Mobile showed the times in PST.

This shows as 9:12 to me. She even says in the post that it's 9:12.

There's another one showing her parents home as the location on July 7th at 4:05 in the morning. I mentioned it in the last thread because it made me think she lived at home, and that seems to be when she first noticed SM.

And, no, Heather is not a parent. However, she did make a choice when it comes to this relationship. If she told the roommate that he was leaving his wife, she knew the situation and the people involved. I stand by my opinion - the BIGGEST victims are the ones that did not have a choice about being involved with this entire mess, and the ones that will likely be scarred from the mess in the future - by no choices of their own.

So SM told Heather that he was leaving his wife. Maybe he added that they were separated or was about to file for it or divorce.

The roomate was very specific indicating she received a call from HE around 1:44 AM and indicating HE was crying and upset about a previous call from OM. Since the roomate had her own phone and could tell what time she would have gotten the phone call, I am thinking that this one particular call is accurate as far as time.

So that would mean that HE must have gotten at least one previous call before 1:44 from OM and maybe it was just a text message while she was on her date. Remember the phone in HE lap during driving lesson. She may have told the date she needed to respond to a few texts once she saw the type of messages she was getting from OM.
This would have made her upset and as soon as date was over, she immediately contacted roomate for advice.

I think maybe when the date said he dropped her off at 2 or 2:30 that it could have just been an estimate and maybe it was more like 1:40 AM and then as soon as HE got up to her apartment, she immediately called the roomate at 1:44 really upset because the calls from OM made her upset during her date. Or HE may have even called the roomate while date was still with her if she went to the bathroom alone or something.

But the important thing is I believe the 1:44 time is accurate which means OM called even before that time at least once.
Then after HE spoke to roomate, the article says there was even more calls made between HE + OM that went as late as 6 AM.

Could Roomie and HE have been in different time zones? Just thinkin...

Could Roomie and HE have been in different time zones? Just thinkin...

Yes, somebody else brought up the same thing and then they both would be right. We know the roomate mentioned she was out of town so that could easily explain it if the roomate was 1 hour back.

Heather made a choice [modsnip] Are you really trying to put SM's troubles on the missing person? If SM,who was quite a bit older than Heather,and a [modsnip] If he's so concerned about his family being harassed,perhaps he could come clean with LE? Clear his name? Nope....he's not talking. And where is Heather? I'm going to let this go. It's beyond me.

You are misconstruing my words. [modsnip]. I said that she made the choice to engage in the relationship with SM. I do not believe in placing blame 100% on anyone, because that would be a lie. What I do believe in is taking responsibility for actions and owning them. I don't know how else to state this so I will say it plainly, Heather made choices, SM made choices, TM made choices, [modsnip]. All 3 adults are responsible for the choices they made and the situation they created, [modsnip].

[modsnip]

IMO denying the choices Heather made, not owning them and trying to down play them is not beneficial at all. For example: I know that there are locals that feel they were mislead because of the image that was portrayed in the beginning and to later find out that certain aspects were not presented, the affair, the tattoos, etc. Owning decisions and actions empowers a person and takes the power out of their critics.

I also want to just make sure this is clear . Heather is absolutely a victim, her family are victims, her friends, the date, the roommate. All victims. But IMO the BIGGEST victims are the ones that made no choices to be where they are, that are unable to speak for themselves and will have to live with the ramifications for the rest of their lives. JMOO

Yes, somebody else brought up the same thing and then they both would be right. We know the roomate mentioned she was out of town so that could easily explain it if the roomate was 1 hour back.

Wasn't it mentioned much earlier back that roomie was in NJ. That would make both of them on EST.......the same time zones.

Heather = MISSING
[modsnip]

Maybe Heather "seemed upset and was crying" BECAUSE he said he was leaving his wife? [modsnip] Maybe it started as a hot fling at work and later when she found out he was married (possibly by OM informing her not too politely) she posted a few taunting things on twitter and then ended it?

Supposedly, roommate was in FL...some time zone variation in parts of FL.

Exactly.

So who got it wrong? (I'm posing the question, not suggesting you should have the answer).

When I look at my phone records, they stay the same.

Whatever the case, I agree there was a contrived record for the purpose of an alibi.
Ive also wondered if the 6 am call was OMM calling to warn Heather or check on her? I really doubt this but thought it may be an option.

So SM told Heather that he was leaving his wife. Maybe he added that they were separated or was about to file for it or divorce.

In order to leave someone you would have to be with that person.

If they were separated or divorcing there would not be a need to say he's leaving to be with her. One would likely state something more along the lines of "it's final", "I'm filing tomorrow" etc. What we have been told is that she told the roommate he was "leaving his wife to be with her."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member