SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it typical on missing persons posters to list FB pages run by family and friends, and family member phone numbers as places to report tips to?
I haven't analyzed too many missing persons posters but I think they usually only list LE tip lines or emails set up by LE as places to report tips.
Just wondering what the norm is. If there is a such thing as a norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't there a conversation with the girlfriend at the time to or did that take place before

I have scrolled back and found several places that give two different event timelines. At 2:00 a.m. she was on Tumbler (confirmed) and also she was last seen a bit after 2:00 (not sure of confirmation). At 3:00 a.m. the convo with her roommate and also the last ping on her phone. If she wasn't talking with her roommate at 3:00 a.m., she may not have been in the same location as her phone. JMO

What time do bars close in MB?

Also, what time does the staff usually leave Tilted Kilt?

I was thinking along the lines that if someone she knew called her for a ride, that would lure her out of her condo at that hour.

I don't know it just seems that if the phone was shut off that quick someone had to be in her condo with her. Unless she shut it off herself.

I don't see how she could have arranged to meet anyone without leaving an electronic trail unless the person came to her door - and then why would she leave? I don't think HE drove to PTL herself. IMO she was never there and the car was dumped.

Except in this case we have Heather's aunt saying there's certain evidentiary info that's being spoken about that wasn't made public via le or the msm. That tells me there's somewhat of a validity to this info. I think an le told his gf some facts that he's not supposed to be sharing with anybody but his team, no matter how insignificant he may think it is.

There seems to be quite a bit of "pillow talk" happening. Moo, it's difficult to include some of the details revealed through certain posts due to a lack of a verified local, or leo sharing this information. Neither msm or the family has released details of physical items Heather carried (or did not carry), found, not found.. etc.

From the Tilted Kilt MB website.

HOURS:
Mon-Sun: 11am to 2am

Is it typical on missing persons posters to list FB pages run by family and friends, and family member phone numbers as places to report tips to?
I haven't analyzed too many missing persons posters but I think they usually only list LE tip lines or emails set up by LE as places to report tips.
Just wondering what the norm is. If there is a such thing as a norm.

Great question, I too wondered about this. I think the family is providing their personal contact information to make sure no tip is missed or overlooked, as we know LE prioritizes tips, has limited staff and hours (especially since this was occurring over Christmas and Christmas Eve). And fb is such a wide medium, as we all know. Also, not all people might feel comfortable communicating with LE, for whatever reason. I think the family is smart in doing this.

2 questions I have...

1) although I'm local, I've never been to peachtree landing & I'm curious if the ground near the area where her car was found is dirt, concrete, or gravel? If gravel or dirt, it seems likely if someone else was there... there would most likely be spots where a car or person left divots or kicked up dirt/gravel (I can only visualize what I'm talking about here & unfortunately can't explain it) when they left. Although ... of course ... evidence of that would depend on how much time passed before LE found car.

2) for those of you who are familiar with missing person cases, how much info does LE typically share w/ the family regarding tips/leads/info they've found? From reading posts on the page, I've seen a lot of "he's got to slip up soon" or "someone will come forward with info to get him" type of posts recently which would lead me to believe they have a good idea who's involved if they typically share that kind of info with the family. If they don't, then it's prob just a matter of assumption that if someone was involved with this it was a man.

I don't see how she could have arranged to meet anyone without leaving an electronic trail unless the person came to her door - and then why would she leave? I don't think HE drove to PTL herself. IMO she was never there and the car was dumped.

We don't know that she didn't leave an electronic trail to the landing. All we know is she finished with tumblr at 2am and her phone went dead/off at 3am.

HE seems to have light/blonde highlights. Has anyone seen this Private Detectives website?

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/category/brittanee-drexel-in-south-carolina/

b0006-eac5b-f0810-bundygirls-786_634x590.jpg

:notgood::scared:

3 I thought they only found two

jkloc420, My interpretation of the skeletal remains found were the original discovery, then more bones located 100 yards away(speculated to be related by Coroner Edge), and then additional human remains were located on New Year's Day by a search party near Ronald McNair Boulevard. This distance is 800 to 1,000 meters, imo, and doubtful belonging to the first discovery, imo.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...51!3m2!1i1360!2i666!4f13.1!5m2!13m1!1e1&fid=0

http://www.wistv.com/story/24322587...r&utm_content=buffer460b7&utm_medium=facebook

Search party uncovers more human remains
Posted: Dec 29, 2013 12:35 PM EST
Updated: Jan 01, 2014 3:44 PM EST
By Stephanie Robusto - email

A search team looking for Heather Elvis, missing since December 18, came across the remains in a wooded area off Tidewater Road near Waccamaw Boulevard and contacted police. Officers collected the remains, and now the case is being investigated.

The bones were scattered across 100 yards of the wooded area, Lt. Kegler said, leading officers to believe an animal could have possibly moved them around.

Additional human remains were located on New Year's Day by a search party near Ronald McNair Boulevard, a short distance from the bones found over the weekend. Since it is not a complete skeleton, Coroner Edge believes the bones could belong to the same person. The anthropologist on the case can determine if the bones found are from the same male.

I don't see how she could have arranged to meet anyone without leaving an electronic trail unless the person came to her door - and then why would she leave? I don't think HE drove to PTL herself. IMO she was never there and the car was

she lives in condos with other younger kids. Someone could have came to her door. Thats is very possible I think.

how many residence live in her apt bldg.? Just curious about the neighbors and the hood......

From the Twisted Kilt MB website.

HOURS:

There has been several questions on how TK has been involved with assisting in the search or investigation with HE.

I encourage you to look at their official FB page and read all the comments left by the public and how TK has responded.

I must say I am impressed. I am not in anyway saying that its a safe environment for a female to work in such an establishment exposing themselves as much as they do but the response from TK is just that. Impressive.

Kinda o/t but what is the public transport like in MB. I understand that PTL is kinda secluded but what about where HEs condo is? Is it serviced by a bus regularly? Is there a taxi rank nearby?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I wonder how the cell reception is out there? It looks very wooded from the aerial maps. Could no cell reception make it appear as if it was turned off? That would allow for more time to have elapsed?
And would account for the reason HE didn't try to call a friend if she sensed things starting to go badly and this wasn't some type of accidental recreational overdose.

Cell service around her apartment is good. Not sure about PTL

In my neck of the woods, if you've drank too much to go by car, you often go by boat instead. You're less likely to get in trouble.

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm wondering. Whether that 3am activity just before the phone went off was somebody calling her to say, "Hey, let's go to *advertiser censored* that's open all night. I've got a boat."

So she drives to the landing, leaves her real ID in the car and takes a fake one, locks up and takes the keys because she's planning to come back in a few hours, and gets in the boat with friend.

So maybe the friend bumps her off, maybe there's a boating accident, maybe they went to a private party and something bad happened but nobody's saying anything, maybe she got arrested three counties over and is in jail under her fake name too embarrassed to call home and not realizing people think she's missing.

I dunno. Just brainstorming here.

From the Twisted Kilt MB website.

HOURS:

Thank you...I know you mean Tilted Kilt....:blushing:

So, in my restaurant experience, closing staff would likely have been out of there...around 3am. :what:

I'm not sure I have the energy to address that blonde theory again, nor does the topic need to drift so far from Heather..

There are several different POI's associated with those cases. Young girls from caring families of relative wealth garner the most national attention when victimized. Sensationalist patterns appear. It is sloppy "PI" work to disregard the thousands of other cases of missing young women who may not fit the bill due to their hair color, age, or race but were much more likely to fall victim to a serial predator.

It's a red herring and giving it any more attention diverts from the efforts needed locally, as the location of Heather's car logically suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86