Identified! SC - Jason Patrick Callahan, Myrtle Beach, missing since 1995

And never mind my previous post.

Wow, he looks so young! Do we know where that one came from?

Hmmm. It's the same photo (the only photo, in fact) that is on his newly posted NamUs profile. Wonder if that came from his mom. The user that posted it to FB just posted the pic, no accompanying info as to where it came from.

Wow.

MISSING PERSON
Jason Patrick Callahan

MISSING SINCE: June 01, 1995
HEIGHT: 70.0 in SEX: Male
WEIGHT: 160.0 to 170.0 lbs EYES: Brown
HAIR: Blond/Strawberry

Contact Myrtle Beach Police Department at 843-918-1826 with information.

Case #: 15-000688 NamUs MP #: 27394

Any record you get off the internet could be wrong bc someone could have entered it wrong.

Unless you do your homework and check the actual birth record against the genealogical information online to make sure they match. I tend to do my homework.

Unless you do your homework and check the actual birth record against the genealogical information online to make sure they match. I tend to do my homework.
I wasn't implying that you didn't, just that people often make mistakes and things are entered incorrectly.

I wasn't implying that you didn't, just that people often make mistakes and things are entered incorrectly.

I totally agree. It's an excellent point. And it's the reason that whenever we do research that we need to put in the extra effort to confirm information we find.

Either way, the picture from his NamUS and the pictures of Jason shared by friends are the same guy. There's no doubt.

Now we just need to wait and see if he's GD.

In my opinion, it's likely. I really feel for his mother, she's lost so much.

I'm confused about his age. The mom posted he was 36 in 2013, which would make him born in 1977.

Thinking about it, I couldn't tell you how many times I've heard my mother get my age wrong as I got older. "You're how old now, 29, right?" "No mom, 30." "Oh yeah, that's right, sorry honey". That sort of thing. I've heard my boyfriend's mother do the same to him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if something like that happened here.

Thinking about it, I couldn't tell you how many times I've heard my mother get my age wrong as I got older. "You're how old now, 29, right?" "No mom, 30." "Oh yeah, that's right, sorry honey". That sort of thing. I've heard my boyfriend's mother do the same to him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if something like that happened here.

Very true. I can tell you what year my kids were born, but I have to do the math if you ask how old they are.

I'm still confused. Does anyone know the dates he lived in IL? His NamUs profile says he went missing June 1, 1995. How did he he make it to IL, make friends, get a job, etc and then end up in a car accident a few weeks after?

This mom had a track record of getting dates and ages wrong. And it's not something I find unusual at all.

I haven't seen her quoted as saying that, but a lot of the articles mention the recent social media push coupled with her 1/12/15 missing persons report.
I thought I read that she saw the pics of IL Jason and confirmed they were her son? The photo of Callahan and IL Jason certainly look like they are one and the same.

I'm still confused. Does anyone know the dates he lived in IL? His NamUs profile says he went missing June 1, 1995. How did he he make it to IL, make friends, get a job, etc and then end up in a car accident a few weeks after?

He still could have lived in IL, that's probably the date he was last seen. Wasn't there a lead from people he traveled with to concerts. They left him at Albany, NY. It could have also been the last time he contacted home.

He lived with the roommates from fall of 1994 to early spring of 1995. They last saw him in Feb of 1995, IIRC. His newly posted NamUS profile says that he was "last seen by family in Myrtle Beach in early June of 1995."

Sounds like someone in his family saw him after he left the roommates but just before the accident. I'll go look for links for the roommate info now and update.

ETA link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?267288-VA-Grateful-Dead-Fan-Social-Media-Push&p=11360682#post11360682 post #173 by plunderphonica

I feel very confident that Jason is a match. He lived in Champaign between about Aug/Sep 1994 and approximately Feb 1995. At that time he departed to parts unknown.

I haven't seen her quoted as saying that, but a lot of the articles mention the recent social media push coupled with her 1/12/15 missing persons report.

She posted on the Grateful Doe FB that she saw the photos of Jason from IL and they were her son. The post was deleted shortly after.

He lived with the roommates from fall of 1994 to early spring of 1995. They last saw him in Feb of 1995, IIRC. His newly posted NamUS profile says that he was "last seen by family in Myrtle Beach in early June of 1995."

Sounds like someone in his family saw him after he left the roommates but just before the accident. I'll go look for links for the roommate info now and update.
Ok. So that wasn't the date that he decided to follow the GD. He was already doing that and maybe came back home to visit or something before he left again

On June 2, 3, & 4, 1995 the Dead were finishing up the West Coast swing of their 1995 Summer Tour in Mountain View, CA. The East Coast swing began on June 15, 1995 in Highgate, VT. I would guess Jason started the East Coast swing in Vermont and rode the tour until RFK -- that was as a close to South Carolina as he was going to get until Missouri in July. It was his best chance to go home.

I'm so happy that all this is matching together.. I check all the posts 100 x .. In the new pic posted.. Those hands and thumbs match too !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back