Identified! SC - Jason Patrick Callahan, Myrtle Beach, missing since 1995

Seeing 'Jason Callahan, missing person' is crazy.

I can't believe it has gone this far!

I'm so happy, and so unhappy at the same time. Such complex emotions.

I'm glad to see you all still around here :)

Good to see you back, greymetal... Hopefully we'll get a resolution on this case soon.

Good to see you back, greymetal... Hopefully we'll get a resolution on this case soon.

Depending on where GDF's DNA is; Todd (NamUs) said it can take 6 months for results. I just asked for Cali/Tammy's case; last fresh samples that I knew about; a gal named Linette; took 2 months from sample sent to the rule out. No clue why Tammy's took 3+ months

Seeing 'Jason Callahan, missing person' is crazy.

I can't believe it has gone this far!

I'm so happy, and so unhappy at the same time. Such complex emotions.

I'm glad to see you all still around here :)

~Hugs lady!

Depending on where GDF's DNA is; Todd (NamUs) said it can take 6 months for results. I just asked for Cali/Tammy's case; last fresh samples that I knew about; a gal named Linette; took 2 months from sample sent to the rule out. No clue why Tammy's took 3+ months

Three months may seem awful long, but it was a worth the wait. She was found when I was 6-mos old and I'm 35 now.

It seems like such a slam dunk as far as a match goes but I almost feel guilty not checking for other possible matches!

I'm having one of those late nights where I can't stop thinking about Grateful Doe. This is all so tough!

I know you guys would all understand this feeling :dunno:

How are all of you?

Pins and needles, greymetal. Hopeful and humbled by how you were the conduit.

How are you doing? This is such a hard time-it is difficult not to just hold our collective breath while the testing and the processing play out.

Yeah, this is a tough wait. I've followed this case for a couple of years now, and this is the closest it has come to a resolution.

If Jason Callahan is not Grateful Doe, I will be extremely surprised as well. It seems that everything lines up perfectly.

He's on my mind every day.

I am quite that way too!

Not too sure how many of you are interested, but we have now created a facebook group too: https://www.facebook.com/TheDoeSearch

This is full of members of the community from Reddit, and here, who were very active in the search for the identity of the Grateful Doe in the past few months. We're dedicating it, and the subreddit, to the ongoing investigation of UID cases around the world.

As I said, not too sure how many are interested but I thought I'd let you know if you are avid Facebook users! :)

:loveyou:

I am quite that way too!

Not too sure how many of you are interested, but we have now created a facebook group too: https://www.facebook.com/TheDoeSearch

This is full of members of the community from Reddit, and here, who were very active in the search for the identity of the Grateful Doe in the past few months. We're dedicating it, and the subreddit, to the ongoing investigation of UID cases around the world.

As I said, not too sure how many are interested but I thought I'd let you know if you are avid Facebook users! :)

:loveyou:

I will check it out...I'm definitely interested. :)

This is not at all comparable to having a loved one go missing, but my dog was stolen by an acquaintance about 2 years ago (I got her back myself, it's a long, weird story), and I tried several times to make a police report and they just asked me how much money the dog was worth. The adoption fee was $150, but she's my dog, a family member, or at least, a living creature with legal rights to good welfare who's legally owned and licensed by me as well. When I said $150, they seemed even more dumbfounded that I was even calling this in. I know the dog is technically property, but come on, what kind of person steals a dog?? The police said they would send someone over to the place where this woman worked. According to her, the police did show up at her workplace, but lied to them about the situation (even though my dog has a microchip and license with photographic records, both traceable to me), and they apparently took her word for it and never followed up with me. I called several times and it was even worse than being ignored, in a way, because each time they said they would do something about it but apparently never did, and never got back to me. I'm not bashing LE whatsoever, I just sympathize with those who try to make an MP report because I can see how LE might not take into account the knowledge or even proof that family and friends might have as to why the missing person is most likely in danger. They may not ever hear it, because the person may be dismissed altogether, or passed around from one officer or administrator to another, having to start their story over each time, and wasting time waiting because they think something is being done, meanwhile the LE officials have more or less dismissed the report and will not be following up.
Had I not very quickly found and confronted the person myself, she would've sold my dog, or worse. When officers seemed dismissive and responded to me as if I was crazy, I was still respectful to them but inside I was furious and very intimidated at the same time, feeling stupid for asking for help even though I should not have had to solve the problem myself because it could have been dangerous, for both me and the dog. Also because they didn't hear my story, they didn't know the situation could be dangerous.
Anyway, just my :twocents:. I empathize with all those who have needed to report someone missing. I'm starting a second bachelor's degree program in Nursing in a week, and I want to become a forensic nurse, and hopefully advocate and find LE and legal help for those who've been harmed, or whose loved ones are in danger. :hug:

OMG I went thru a similar situation , only I ended up getting myself arrested :( I'm sorry I didn't get my baby back and 10 years later I still want vengeance (it wont go away)but that feeling when you know someone is lost is horrible Dog or Human I have had both and I can honestly say both were equally as bad.

Oh I wish we'd hear about this already... I'm getting antsy and I can't imagine how his family feels!

Me too JANETELAINE ! but Im pretty sure they know :(

How long does DNA usually take to come back anyways?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back