GUILTY SC - Jessica Blackham for abandoning newborn, Greenville, Feb 2011

Can you imagine going to the circus only to have it interrupted by going into labor, finding a ladies room to deliver, and then having to have to deal with your newborn unfortunately found in a toilet? Oh, the inconvienence and wondering where to put your balloon...

Un-freaking-believeable. I'm all for the attempted murder charges. Without popcorn. Me thinks, given the lack of any conscience/compassion/empathy, she'd be more disappointed over the popcorn.

Pulling what crap? Amnesia? And yet he says she is a good mother, so I am confused.

Dissociation CPTSD- it is possible she does not remember, enough stressers and triggers, denial- fear. I've lost moments, days. It used to be a needed survival skill, now its a problem for me.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/26794279/detail.html

The girl has clear skin and eyes, her parenting skills have not been questioned.
To me after watching video - she just looks broken, her family seems volitile, i dunno.

JMO MOO

Pulling what crap? Amnesia? And yet he says she is a good mother, so I am confused.

Sorry copied but did'nt quote, i did something wrong anyway.

Hope the baby is well

I wonder if he is going to try really hard to get his daughter back.
I hope so. because I a very Leary of foster care. I do know some foster parents are great.

i wonder where he was when the state took his child? it seems they were/are still married which leaves me to wonder about his interpretation of what was going on. idk... the whole thing is just one big azz mess - the part where he says she enjoys being a mother?? huh? i wonder if the reporter didnt hear that one correctly??

They showed the "MOM" in court and her mother did all of the talking on wyff.com? I asked my husband could the person that gave birth talk? He said yes, but that was her Mother. I asked well was she supposed to get in court and say my daughter is a crazy ? No, she pulled the amnesia card. I have NEVER believed that a woman could be pregnant to the point of giving birth, and not know it..Sorry. Too much happens in there in the meantime. Can not say it is gas.

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- The South Carolina woman accused of giving birth in an arena toilet during the circus and leaving the baby told her family afterward she was bleeding heavily, but didn't know why.

As 24-year-old Jessica Blackham checked herself into a hospital six miles away, a cleaning crew found the 6-pound boy, his skin purple and breathing so labored he could barely cry. The custodians desperately followed a 911 operator's directions, one of them even whispering "vas a estar bien, bebe" (you're going to be OK, baby) as he used his finger to sweep some mucus from boy's mouth. The baby is in good condition at a hospital.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/26801608/detail.html

Lots of info in this article. Among other things, she's playing the 'amnesia' card.

http://www.wyff4.com/r/26805777/detail.html

Amnesia - seriously? I don't think most of us would forget it. Don't care if you're depressed, mentally ill, bi-polar, etc. You don't blackout about giving birth, unless you're completely drugged or drunk to the hilt.

I still don't understand how this is medically possible without leaving a heck of a bloody mess behind. This is not TV where babies come out all shiny and pretty.

MOO

Mel

i wonder where he was when the state took his child? it seems they were/are still married which leaves me to wonder about his interpretation of what was going on. idk... the whole thing is just one big azz mess - the part where he says she enjoys being a mother?? huh? i wonder if the reporter didnt hear that one correctly??

I remember reading that he did not know where his kid was and she took the 4 year old and did not let him see her.
I imagine they were separated. (who knows).
You are right the whole thing is a big mess, but if he is a good dad and I do not know - I do hope he gets his kid.

I am guessing that if they were separated and she was preg. she knew very well that she was preg, the amnesia BS is not believable. Who comes up with that kind of BS???? for 9 months she had amnesia? :crazy:
OK - I am thinking she has mental illness...A HUMAN BEING cant leave a baby in the toilet.
It is very obvious she never bonded with this baby, who knows if she ever bonded with her 4 year old? Thank God the 4 year old is safe for now.

Yup, right out of a horror show. Those poor co-workers. Bless you little one - may you find a loving home.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/26801608/detail.html

MOO

Mel

This is a good article. Thanks for the link it may shed some light on some of this mess.
IF she had her period for the 9 months then it is possible that she did not know she is preg.
IF her husband returned from Iraq and was abusive? and that does happen sometimes with return from war soldiers :(
then I can see her not letting him see the 4 year old - being protective.
But if she is the protective type - when she felt something fall out of her in the bathroom - Didn't she look...I believe that she did.
But he claims he sent her for help because she is mentally ill.
I do believe that part.

YES this is out of the twilight zone.....
she may be sent to a mental hospital. But she will not be given the 4 year old back.

I worry for the living 4 year old where is she, how is she?
I hope she is in good hands, and doing well.

I remember reading that he did not know where his kid was and she took the 4 year old and did not let him see her.
I imagine they were separated. (who knows).
You are right the whole thing is a big mess, but if he is a good dad and I do not know - I do hope he gets his kid.

I am guessing that if they were separated and she was preg. she knew very well that she was preg, the amnesia BS is not believable. Who comes up with that kind of BS???? for 9 months she had amnesia? :crazy:
OK - I am thinking she has mental illness...A HUMAN BEING cant leave a baby in the toilet.
It is very obvious she never bonded with this baby, who knows if she ever bonded with her 4 year old? Thank God the 4 year old is safe for now.

Hubby was in the military, deployed. Cat was away. Mouse did play. Nine months later, hell to pay.

I am so glad they finally found the lady who left her baby in the toliet.

"vas a estar bien, bebe."

Bless you Calle. You have earned your seat in heaven my friend.

From Nellie's link above:

If it is proven through DNA tests that the baby is hers, the family will take responsibility for the child.

I hope they don't get custody. JMHO For too many reasons to tick off right now.

How do you know someone has had periods for nine months unless you have seen physical proof each month? Because they told you they did? C'mon man. JMHO.

CSS will investigate any allegations against the Father of the 4 yr old before they release her to him. He deserves to prove himself innocent if he is such and to have custody if it is proven that he is innocent of her allegations.

As far as the Husband saying she has been pulling this crap for years (or something along those lines) she probably has a personality disorder or an untreated and/or undiagnosed mental illness or all of the above. I took it to mean that she has exhibited outrageous behavior before this...

I hope she is prosecuted. She could have handed that baby over and walked away. She chose to give birth and leave that baby laying with his head on a public toilet seat. At any time that baby could have slipped down and drowned in a public toilet.

Shame on her. Prayers for both of these children. all JMHO

Hey guys, I'm a local ... about 20 minutes away from the Bi-Lo Center. Just wanted to say there hasn't been any updates locally, I guess DNA is still pending on that possible father as well as the mother/baby.

I also wanted to add that in the article I will link below it states theat her and her husband have been seperated for over a year; some of you were questions their seperation status and what not. In SC you have to be seperated for at least a year before even beginning divorce proceedings.

Then another thing it stated that I found funny was that the girls father said family and friends didn't know of her being pregnant yet at work he questioned her about if that was her baby and he's the one that took her too the hospital ... just odd!

http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/26817716/detail.html

Ok the potential bio father says: “I want to find out if I am the child’s father. I want to raise him and give him a home and a good life,” http://www.wyff4.com/news/26810394/detail.html

and the bio mother's family says: "If it is proven through DNA tests that the baby is hers, the family will take responsibility for the child." http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/26817716/detail.html

"Want to raise him and give him a home and good life" vs "will take responsibility"

Gotta say, at this point I'm pulling for bio dad.

Some good news:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/26899478/detail.html

POSTED: 10:26 am EST February 17, 2011
UPDATED: 11:08 am EST February 17, 2011
[EMAIL: DSS: Baby John Doe Condition Upgraded] Email [PRINT: DSS: Baby John Doe Condition Upgraded] Print
Bookmark and Share
GREENVILLE, S.C. -- An infant whose life began in a toilet of the BI-LO Center after a circus performance was still hospitalized Thursday, but the child's condition continues to improve, according to state officials.

The South Carolina Department of Social Services confirmed the child was upgraded to good condition Wednesday night by doctors. Prior to that, the child was in fair but stable condition, according to DSS representative Marilyn Matheus.

Greenville Hospital System spokeswoman Sandy Dees said, "Good condition means that vital signs are stable and within normal limits. The patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back