SC SC - Julia Ann Bean, 37, Sumter County, 31 May 2017

cybervampira

Reaction score
It appears Scott is her husband(since deceased :( ) and she is pictured there with her teenage daughter C.
She publicly comments on posts from her son CB in June 2017 - you will need to sleuth this out but on that post on her son's fb someone asks if she has truly been missing since last year and there is no reply even though he is active. Someone has liked images on Julie's more recent FB who has since deleted their profile and I am not finding any trace of her past June.
Her daughter CB has several FB profiles but is posting Julie's missing info by sharing this post from this page to all the missing groups which confirms a June "last heard from"date: Babie Cam

Other details:
No car
No phone/phone is off
bank account inactive
Family believes foul play - She does have some rough friends which concerns me - friends who are not posting about her being missing in spite of being active or appearing to be besties prior to her disappearance. C could really use the help of AWARE or similar to get a facebook page going and get the police to help her.

She publicly comments on posts from her son CB in June 2017 - you will need to sleuth this out but on that post on her son's fb someone asks if she has truly been missing since last year and there is no reply even though he is active. Someone has liked images on Julie's more recent FB who has since deleted their profile and I am not finding any trace of her past June.
Her daughter CB has several FB profiles but is posting Julie's missing info by sharing this post from this page to all the missing groups which confirms a June "last heard from"date: Babie Cam

Julia Bean sold a lot of land deeded to her from her mother in law on June 1. 2017 then paid off 2 jugements against her on June 13, 2017. According to post on Facebook she post July 12, 2017 on her daughters post.

She commented on both her son's and daughter's FB page in June 2017, both heart felt messages. I wasn't able to find a post from July though. Anyway, when you combine the messages with the land sale, it almost seems like she up and vanished voluntarily, and those messages were her way of saying goodbye... Could be wrong obviously. Her daughter states on her page that she would not have gone a year without reaching out to her kids.

Julia Ann Bean – The Charley Project

• Missing Since: 05/31/2017
  • Missing From: Sumter, South Carolina
  • Classification: Missing
  • Sex: Female
  • Race: White
  • Date of Birth: 05/02/1981 (39)
  • Height and Weight: 5'6, 110 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Light brown hair, green eyes. Bean has the following tattoos: a tribal design on her lower back, the name "Scott" on her left hip, and eight small paw prints on her right hip
Details of Disappearance
Bean was last seen in the Red Bay Road area of Sumter, South Carolina on May 31, 2017. Her last activity on her Facebook account was on July 12, 2017. She has never been heard from again. She was reported missing on November 18, 2017. Bean has relatives in several states, but none of them have heard from her. She didn't have a cellular phone at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • Sumter Police Department 803-436-2700
  • Sumter County Sheriff's Office 803-436-2014
Source Information

Attachments

• bean_julia.jpg
    bean_julia.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2
  • bean_julia2.jpg
    bean_julia2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1
  • bean_julia3.jpg
    bean_julia3.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1
  • bean_julia4.jpg
    bean_julia4.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1
  • bean_julia5.jpg
    bean_julia5.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1
NOV 15, 2022
[...]

The memorial site ended up taking nearly two years to complete. The group went from council to council, asking for a piece of property. It wasn’t until April 2021 that Sumter County Council approved a site at 115 N. Harvin St., the location of a former Holocaust memorial that has since moved to a new home.

Fundraisers were held to purchase the light, benches and construction, and it wasn’t until Feb. 17 of this year that the concrete was poured. By the end of the summer, the benches and light were installed.

[...]

Several families of missing people from Sumter attended and spoke at the unveiling. Those included family members and friends of Garcia, Willie Hodge Jr., Barbara Nave, Tommy Brailey, Barbara Jenkins, Julia Bean, Naomi Collins, Stacy Lester and Shelton Sanders.

[...]

Thumbnail

Date of Last Contact
May 31, 2017
Missing From
Sumter, South Carolina
Missing Age
36 Years
Current Age
41 Years

Circumstances of Disappearance
Julia Bean was last seen on 5-31-17 in Sumter County SC. Her family contacted law enforcement on 11-18-17 to report not seeing Julia Bean for a while. Julia Bean has family in several states which she has not been seen by any family member.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP50912

• bean_julia2.jpg
  • bean_julia3.jpg
  • bean_julia4.jpg
  • bean_julia5.jpg
  • bean_julia6.jpg
''Bean, circa 2017
  • Missing Since05/31/2017
  • Missing FromSumter, South Carolina
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth05/02/1981 (42)
  • Age36 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6, 110 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Light brown hair, green eyes. Bean has the following tattoos: a tribal design on her lower back, the name "Scott" on her left hip, and eight small paw prints on her right hip.

Details of Disappearance​

Bean was last seen in the Red Bay Road area of Sumter, South Carolina on May 31, 2017. Her last activity on her Facebook account was on July 12, 2017. She has never been heard from again. She was reported missing on November 18, 2017. Bean has relatives in several states, but none of them have heard from her. She didn't have a cellular phone at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.''

Because of new rumors making the rounds in this case, I wanted to bring attention to a post by her daughter. I've edited to highlight the relevant bits:

"Missing Person (Presumed Dead) - Sumter, SC
Julie Bean went missing around June 10th of 2017. She was last seen with an older man in a burgundy Dodge Ram with military related stickers covering the rear windshield. There have been multiple rumors mainly stating that she has been murdered and her remains were given to pigs.
***Edit: The man lives on the dirt road by dollar tree in the Redbay area. He is around 5'8 and has a medium build. He is heavily involved with drugs. I don't remember his name. He looks to be in his 50's. If you have any information regarding this man please contact me.
*** The name "Tony" and the "Horseshoe" down 15 south has also come up a lot from numerous sources.
****Previously thought to be a F150, but is actually a Dodge Ram of same description"

Julia Ann Bean, was last seen in 2017 with a man who looked like Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect, Rex Heuermann.

“We’ll be looking into it on our end,” Investigator Scott Bonner told PIX11 News, confirming that Bean’s friend, Heidi Kovas, drove to Sumter County on Sunday to share information she had gleaned from the missing woman’s daughter.

Kovas had posted on Facebook over the weekend, telling PIX11 News Bean’s daughter shared texts with her that she recognized Heuermann from the last time she saw her mother, then 36, in late May 2017, shortly before her high school graduation. Kovas said the daughter had Googled a recent photo of Heuermann.

“She knew him right away,” Kovas said. “She recognized him right away. She said that was the last person she ever saw with her mom.”

Wow. I wonder what Heuermann was doing in June of 2017.

I find two things compelling.

1) Rumors we're stirring, just like in Long Island about a landscaper. The LI rumor appears to have been given a lot of credibility (probably) Rex Heuermann himself calling the rumor into the Killing Season producers, who in turn gave it a lot of air time.

2) There was FB activity that could possibly have been after captivity or death.

I don't do FB, but I wonder if the messages to her children seemed like her style.

MOO

This 2020 post from her daughter says she was last seen on June 10, 2017 with a 5'8" older man in a burgundy Dodge Ram.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back