SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

Discussion in 'Todd Kohlhepp' started by los2188, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianthe

ianthe New Member

IIRC those meds should be for bipolar disorder. That must make her emotional state even worse, I feel so bad for her.

2. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR Well-Known Member

He was also trying to id a plant that stays green during the winter to put around his fence. Hence more privacy, I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Bently

Bently Former Member

Your post 118...

Did both profile pictures change *after* , or did just one of them change, or did you just notice after that they both were the same?

4. LisaWL7TR

He would have not had to submit to the new requirements only those licensing after the date it became mandatory.

5. cementcanoe

cementcanoe Member

It is horrifying to think there are people like that in the world, much less someone you work with or have had in your home. God bless the whole area, I cannot even imagine how everyone who has had dealings with him must be feeling right now.

6. LisaWL7TR

Ted Bundy worked at a crisis call center.
    I believe it was a suicide prevention call center.

Ann Rule wrote about working alongside him at the crisis center and then his path of killing.

7. ZooSleuth

ZooSleuth Former Member

I get that there are legal hurdles involved and warrants take time. I didn't expect this to be resolved the same day they were reported missing. Warrants are obtained and searches happen much faster in other missing persons cases with way less to go on. I really hope police were just "playing dumb" to fool TK but I really don't think the wheels were set in motion on anything in regards to this case until a couple weeks ago when the case got a bunch of attention and they started getting backlash from the public on their lack of progress. LE's response back then was this:

That was at least 2 weeks after the creepy messages started appearing on Facebook. LE didn't even say that they were working on getting a warrant, or that they didn't have enough to get a warrant at the time. So unless this was all a big lie to fool a suspect, there is major incompetence in that dept. IMO.

8. verbonica

verbonica Well-Known Member

"Brown and Carver’s parents found the apartment the couple shared unlocked and Brown’s Pomeranian, Romeo, with no food or water."
    http://www.wyff4.com/article/woman-...-captive-man-still-missing-police-say/8118497

A Pomeranian is also a very tiny dog (like around 5 lbs.)

9. Bently

Bently Former Member

Still catching up on this thread and it is so interesting going back and reviewing everything now.

Post #170 above..

That the Facebook hacker said they were buying a house together.

And now we know he was a realtor...

:thinking:

10. LisaWL7TR

I made it to the end! Saying prayers for K and Charlie, their families and LE and sleep.

11. adian_69

adian_69 New Member

He has a few parcels of land for sale. Not just houses, but vacant lots it seems.

Dear god. Investigators could be searching for a while. Not only do they have the place on Woodruff, but potentially 5 or 6 vacant lots as well.

12. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

That's typically how long it takes to get the cell records from the provider. LE has to get the warrant, send it to ATT or whomever, and then they have to wait for them to release the phone logs. It often takes 4 to 6 weeks. I don't see how we can blame LE for that.

13. amaraya

amaraya Member

there was a fb post, can't find it now but a ways down(edit, august 2015)- where he talks about a tenant (woman, as he uses "she") and how she didn't pay her rent so she has no right to privacy- very bizarre i hope they question, check with past tenants. also, august 31st.
    "Its wednesday, the trash people picked up my trash at 5:30 this morning... this post is still way more interesting than whats on the news.. carry on."
    seems very telling. as if he is playing with the fact that something was in the trash :)() and that it was information he knew that others didn't - like he got one over on the others, he is smarter or whatnot. he seems a pretty sick person. and i have a feeling there is a lot to analyze in the fb.

14. Txstrace

Txstrace Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in cases that we forget that LE doesn't have to tell us anything and frankly, probably shouldn't. We still have very, very little info to go on and no idea what info they had at any given time. I'm not saying that they didn't make mistakes or miss the importance of some stuff but I think it's harsh for us to sit here and criticize them when we know next to nothing. This is a terrible situation with a better outcome than most expected and it may be years, if ever, before we possibly get any answers at a trial. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. jbelle

jbelle Member

I'm very pro LE and have followed plenty of cases on here and elsewhere to know full well that it isn't like an episode of Criminal Minds, but I have seen
    couples missing before and their phones were pinged almost asap. Not hard to get a warrant when the couple is missing in their car, they could have gone off road anywhere, like a lot of us thought.
    They've pinged phones fast enough to save people in those instances so I'm left wondering why this poor girl was left in a crate for 2 months.

Just off a 2 second google search I could find a couple missing late Fri/early Sat and they had their phone pings by the following Wed. The dog left behind unattended to should have been a clue
    they didn't just run off to start a new life, gosh, they had just started a new life together. IMO there was no reason that girl had to suffer that long.

16. jbelle

jbelle Member

I know, my stomach sank after I read this. I have zero hope for Charlie unfortunately.

In case anyone missed this, I'll paraphrase. On one of his posts TK mentions that he hates birds,
    a friend posted back that peacocks are cool. Tk's response was "the only c**k on this property is mine".

I sort of get the impression that he would get off on killing a guy and "taking what was his". Especially considering the ruse he used to commit his juvenile rape
    (tricking a girl into thinking her ex boyfriend wanted to talk to her).

17. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

18. adian_69

adian_69 New Member

To be honest (and not to say this guy is not sick, awful and preveted), but I was researching another case using Justia, which only lists appellate courts published cases (many others are unpublished and these are ONLY review courts) and there are hundreds like him. Reading through those cases, it is so scary to know who lives among us and the sick things they do to people.

The world is a VERY disturbing place sadly.

19. Matic

Matic Well-Known Member

Just catching up.
    This is local for me, about a 20 min drive south. Chilling to say the least, especially with the new serial killer show coming on A&E?

20. FairM1

FairM1 Active Member

with respect it won't be a "better outcome than expected" unless Charlie is found alive, praying for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.