SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I see it now. I think my computer was having a fit.

I agree that it's too obvious. But if that's the case, then it seems like someone may be targeting the ex too.

I was just wondering, can they track a car that has On Star, or Blue Link (I think that's what mine is called)? For some reason I thought they could track the car with that. Do we know if her car had anything like this?

Her car is still sitting in the apartment parking lot. One of the news videos shows it sitting there with a note from a friend on it. His car is the only one missing. I am originally local but now live in Ohio and actually have access to his account because he's friends with my business through FB and some of the others that have been discussed (but that cannot be discussed yet) and it's all very odd. I have also joined the groups they have set up for locating them in hopes that I could help spread the word further out since I have a couple of friends that know the couple. Per postings on one of the groups, the person manipulating his account has been chatting with at least one person on one occasion, but it did not appear that it was through mobile chat. They also have asked LE to try and obtain the IP address of the person accessing the account, but there hasn't been any info as to what has come of that, and as of last night, the account was still active.

The best I have been able to discern is that they had dinner with a friend in their complex and then were gone the next day. Neither had put in for time off from work, so they weren't expecting to be away.

In my own snooping around into the accounts I have access to, my observation from symbols posted and by patterns of communication and the tone of communication going back and forth by all involved is that some of the parties may have been polyamorous and had a falling out around June and split away.

Her car is still sitting in the apartment parking lot. One of the news videos shows it sitting there with a note from a friend on it. His car is the only one missing. I am originally local but now live in Ohio and actually have access to his account because he's friends with my business through FB and some of the others that have been discussed (but that cannot be discussed yet) and it's all very odd. I have also joined the groups they have set up for locating them in hopes that I could help spread the word further out since I have a couple of friends that know the couple. Per postings on one of the groups, the person manipulating his account has been chatting with at least one person on one occasion, but it did not appear that it was through mobile chat. They also have asked LE to try and obtain the IP address of the person accessing the account, but there hasn't been any info as to what has come of that, and as of last night, the account was still active.

The best I have been able to discern is that they had dinner with a friend in their complex and then were gone the next day. Neither had put in for time off from work, so they weren't expecting to be away.

In my own snooping around into the accounts I have access to, my observation from symbols posted and by patterns of communication and the tone of communication going back and forth by all involved is that some of the parties may have been polyamorous and had a falling out around June and split away.

Thanks for the update.
A few questions. If you want to and can answer.

Do you think they are missing voluntarily?
Do you the think the person posting on Charlie's FB is Charlie?

This is such an odd case and so little info. I also wonder why LE seems to be very involved.

TIA!

Thanks for the update.
A few questions. If you want to and can answer.

Do you think they are missing voluntarily?
Do you the think the person posting on Charlie's FB is Charlie?

This is such an odd case and so little info. I also wonder why LE seems to be very involved.

TIA!

I have a little LE experience, having worked behind the scenes as a police dispatcher for Anderson City PD and having been married to a former investigator for the same agency that has jurisdiction over this case now. That said, I am not going to claim to have any inside knowledge on this particular case. I have no idea what LE is doing. I would think they are trying to find out who is posting on his FB and by now would have an idea of who it is, but I'm not sure how long it would take to get the warrants needed to have FB turn over the info needed if they weren't able to get another device of his and get the information by hopefully being able to get into the account with a saved password and being able to view recent login locations. I think they are being very tight lipped because of the uniqueness of the situation with the activity on the FB account. Usually you wouldn't have someone, even if they are just some sicko, not involved, that would have the guts to toy with an active investigation like that. I think they are being very careful not to scare that person off in order to see what they will do and what they will give away.

I am afraid to speculate because I am sure their families will be reading this forum soon if they aren't already and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings with the theories that I have formed in my mind. I also don't want to cross the lines of posting rules for WS forums. It's been a long time since I have been active here. I have, give or take, three scenarios floating around that formed once I dug around and found the exchanges between the three people and noticed that there could be some relationship dynamics in play also. There are definitely some odd behaviors that have been going on and there was definitely a shift around June. This is just an outsider looking in and making observations from FB and not having any inside information. There have been comments made by Charlie David's family about the 3rd party causing problems but they have not gone into detail saying they did not want to hamper the investigation. This 3rd party also left town briefly the week after they went missing, because someone made the following comment on that person's page on Sept 7th (omitted identifying info) "I'm sorry you had to leave town yesterday, but if you're back from being out of town, we hope you'll join _____ and the rest of us post flyers for Charlie and Kala today or this week". There was no reply or comment. The rest of the posts are either shares of the news articles about the missing couple or just random every day posts. Some could be construed as "hidden messages" but only if you look at them with that mindset, I guess. Then there are some that are glaringly obvious, and I would like to think no one would be that... stupid? Then a little bit later we see matching posts on his page. So I don't know what to make of it all.

So here are my theories, but I won't go into detail yet. Most of these theories has sub-theories of combinations of victims and culprits:

Foul play
Kidnapping
Accident and the car is in the water or off the road (Anderson is within 10-30 minutes of several large bodies of water, as well as within short driving distance to mountain locations and many secluded back road areas)
Hoax -very iffy

One other thing that just came to mind is that David is employed at one of the local hotels. Is it possible that he frequently logged into FB on one of the "business center" computers there while working, and some weirdo came along after and has happened to be able to log back into his account? I can't tell you how many times I have walked up on a display computer in the Apple store, Best Buy, etc and someone has forgotten to log out of their FB. I always do the right thing and log them out without being nosy, but I've seen memes and threads on Reddit where people are seriously played by tricksters who take advantage of this. I wouldn't think in this case it would be going on this long, as you'd think the trickster would have checked out of the hotel by now, unless it's a coworker? Plus the added creep value of the fact that it's not just any FB account, but the account of someone missing.

Tulips, thank you for your excellent replies. Gives me a lot to think about.
I don't know either or anyone involved and have never been to SC.
My theory is they were involved in an accident and have not yet been found. Hope I'm wrong.

Again, thanks.

One other thing that just came to mind is that David is employed at one of the local hotels. Is it possible that he frequently logged into FB on one of the "business center" computers there while working, and some weirdo came along after and has happened to be able to log back into his account? I can't tell you how many times I have walked up on a display computer in the Apple store, Best Buy, etc and someone has forgotten to log out of their FB. I always do the right thing and log them out without being nosy, but I've seen memes and threads on Reddit where people are seriously played by tricksters who take advantage of this. I wouldn't think in this case it would be going on this long, as you'd think the trickster would have checked out of the hotel by now, unless it's a coworker? Plus the added creep value of the fact that it's not just any FB account, but the account of someone missing.

Someone could change the password and then access the account from any device.

If it weren't for the posts on the FB page, I would think the poor kids drove off the road and have not been found.

Someone could change the password and then access the account from any device.

If it weren't for the posts on the FB page, I would think the poor kids drove off the road and have not been found.

I agree with both statements. I think it's possibly that maybe David was logged in somewhere, maybe at the hotel, and someone changed the password. However, it's been a while since I've done a password change and I am too tired and it's too close to bedtime for me to experiment tonight. Doesn't FB send some kind of confirmation to your email when you do so, requiring the person who is using his FB to have access to his email also in order to change his password entirely? Or is that only with a password recovery?

I also am having trouble with the theory that they had an accident because of the FB posts. It would be too much of a coincidence that we would have some sicko posting on Charlie David's FB and it would end up being an accident, especially if it turns out to be the person some of his family initially alluded to it being. (I don't know if they still think that is who it is or if it was just emotions running high, but his brother made comments initially. I'll have to see if I can find screen shots for later, in case we ever get to discuss this person and this information gets deleted by then.)

This is one of the most unsettling things I have read on this website, and I have been here (at least lurking) since 2011. The social media aspect of it alone is chilling and the entire situation bothers me very much - I can't stop thinking about this couple and what is going on with them.

I'm sorry if any family members are here and are upset by what I have written. I am not trying to be insensitive or in any way be not victim friendly. I live states/miles away but send my love send support the best I can. I think the gut reaction of friends and family are correct and that the answer is within sight. I wish there was more that could be done! So frustrating :/

This is one of the most unsettling things I have read on this website, and I have been here (at least lurking) since 2011. The social media aspect of it alone is chilling and the entire situation bothers me very much - I can't stop thinking about this couple and what is going on with them.

I'm sorry if any family members are here and are upset by what I have written. I am not trying to be insensitive or in any way be not victim friendly. I live states/miles away but send my love send support the best I can. I think the gut reaction of friends and family are correct and that the answer is within sight. I wish there was more that could be done! So frustrating :/

I agree, Meraxes, it's very unsettling. I no longer live in the community but my parents, most of the rest of my family and my best friend all do, so I follow a crime watch group on FB and when I saw the initial post with request for help to find them go up, it stuck with me. When they were asking for ideas of ways to search or come up with new angles, I even made the suggestion that they bring their story here to Websleuths, since the majority of the people here are so helpful and Tricia and the admins try their very best to make sure the trolls are kept at bay. I'm not sure if that's how the story got here or not though. I know the families connected with Missing Pieces and that group has been helping them.

I did notice that in the last few hours, there has been chatter that leads me to believe that they may have more concrete evidence as to who is doing the FB hacking. It looks like they believe it is just being done for attention, but one person (appears to be a family member, but I am not sure which side or what relation) seemed to point the finger at one particular person. Another made it seem like they don't think the FB posts are directly related to the disappearances, like they think the person is just sick and using it for attention, but had no involvement. That's the way I've read it. I am very interested to see what pans out in the next few days. I can't think of any charges that could be brought other than maybe tampering with an investigation. Can anyone else?

Is it me, or does it seem like we here on WS are the only ones thinking about searching for their car off the road? I haven't seen anything on ms media or missing pages about searching the sides of the road or bodies of water, such as if they made a beer run (or Wal-Mart run) late that night. Can anybody remember seeing anything about that type of search?

Is it me, or does it seem like we here on WS are the only ones thinking about searching for their car off the road? I haven't seen anything on ms media or missing pages about searching the sides of the road or bodies of water, such as if they made a beer run (or Wal-Mart run) late that night. Can anybody remember seeing anything about that type of search?

No. Nothing.
I, also, noticed that local LE have put nothing out. No info at all. Not even on their FB page.

(The only time I have seen this complete silence is for suspected suicide. But being that it is 2 people...IDK)

We had a missing person here in ga. and no sign of car leaving the road from the last ping. I believe the car and her were found off the road by a family member(not verified who found her). No sign of the car leaving the road because her car went airborne.

...because a complete sentence takes time from reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member