SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he must not have money asked about a public defender
Kohlhepp, 45, of 213 Windsong Way, was dressed in a blue T-shirt and gym shorts at the hearing He asked a question about a public defender. He currently does not have an attorney. Otherwise he said "yes sir" and "no sir" when he was addressed by Magistrate Danny Burns. He kept his hands behind his back, although he was not handcuffed

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...own-woodruff-anderson-todd-kohlhepp/93277076/

Quick thought. Everyone questioning why nobody mentioned she had been working for him cleaning houses. Is it possible they didn't know this info until KB herself said it *after* her rescue? Sounds very much like an occasional now and then type of "job" ...certainly not a full time gig. Maybe she was picking up a side job here and there and just never mentioned it.

Page 5 of the presentencing report TK mother begged that he not receive 15 years stating that he was a good boy with a lot of love to give and pointed to the fact that TK walked his minor rape victim home after the rape, does that sound like a dangerous criminal? He even walked the girl home.

:facepalm:

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/1987-presentence-investigation-report-1478284242.pdf
Where's his mother now? Where was she when gramps was strapping him to a tree and beating him?.... facepalm indeed. Good find, tlcya.

If only someone was able to access KB's facebook back then....sigh.

(Was replying to th above post, not sure why replies aren't working)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

In the recommendation letter written to the court back in 89, (which has been posted here somewhere, as well the local Fox News site), the officer stated he had gone over the case notes and the previous psych evaluation with the psychiatrist in charge of the juvenile sex offender program, and after reviewing it, he believed the sexual assault was not about sex but was merely another method for the offender to commit a sadistic act of violence. Therefore, his opinion was that rehabilitation wasn't possible by completing the sex offender program. He said TK had psychological and behavioral issues that would require a level of help well above and beyond anything the program could offer him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but sadists and rapists tend to still choose the gender they're attracted to (Bundy only killed women, Kraft's known victims were all men, etc.).

I'm wondering if all of his moves up to and including sex offenses were about having power over the boyfriends rather than power over the women. Impossible to tell until we know if he had other victims and who they were, though.

Kind of wondering if what other people were talking about re: coded language was true, too. Cat is a synonym for a specific gendered slang word, and possum sounds very much like it. Could have been word games. (There's also a racial slur similar to raccoons, the other animal he talked about, but I don't think we have any evidence he was a racist. Yet, anyway.)

Quick thought. Everyone questioning why nobody mentioned she had been working for him cleaning houses. Is it possible they didn't know this info until KB herself said it *after* her rescue? Sounds very much like an occasional now and then type of "job" ...certainly not a full time gig. Maybe she was picking up a side job here and there and just never mentioned it.
I believe KB's best friend was aware that she cleaned houses for him. I could be wrong but she did make a statement after KB was found.

Since he likely posted from Charlie's page, I'm guessing he likely googled them both to see if they were in the news. I'd also bet he read here.

Yes, that's my thinking too. He checks the news every day to see if he's in it. I'm pretty sure he's narcissistic enough to be scouring everything he can find about the case. If he sees someone's on to something, he can just adjust to suit.

Hence why CDC's profile suddenly started mirroring the ex-wife as soon as it was mentioned that it may have something to do with her. How convenient for him........

Thats what I think too about the news stories. He wanted the satisfaction that what he'd done had caught someone's attention but he could keep getting away with it. Hence all the posts about "nothing on the news today," "the mail man isn't coming" and "the Yellowjackets didn't get me."

I agree possibly that he mirrored the ex wife to try and frame her. The cops have not even mentioned the ex as being involved. But at first she was the only suspect. I thought the ex could be linked to TK but it doesn't appear so.

KB met Kohlhepp through a friend,

Did she meet him through a friend OR meet him casually online? Two different stories here.

Klohhepp asked KB and Carver to come to his house to clear some underbrush and said he would pay them for the work, and that’s when the abduction happened, the family said.

Makes sense.

Her friend who had been supposed to work with her mentioned it to the media almost immediately after she was found.

I'm guessing it was an occasional weekend job that she had -just- started, and people either didn't know (because she hadn't told them) or just plain forgot. I have a couple of friends who clean houses, and up until this case I would never have thought to mention it to police if they, god forbid, went missing.

I think it might have been an "Oh crud, that's that guy she did two cleaning jobs for!" kind of moment.

Where's his mother now? Where was she when gramps was strapping him to a tree and beating him?.... facepalm indeed. Good find, tlcya.
She made a statement. Will look for article. "I am so sick. I'm so so sorry"

True, but sadists and rapists tend to still choose the gender they're attracted to (Bundy only killed women, Kraft's known victims were all men, etc.).

I'm wondering if all of his moves up to and including sex offenses were about having power over the boyfriends rather than power over the women. Impossible to tell until we know if he had other victims and who they were, though.

Kind of wondering if what other people were talking about re: coded language was true, too. Cat is a synonym for a specific gendered slang word, and possum sounds very much like it. Could have been word games. (There's also a racial slur similar to raccoons, the other animal he talked about, but I don't think we have any evidence he was a racist. Yet, anyway.)

i saw him commenting about how white privilege doesn't exist and sharing something against black lives matter, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His Amazon profile - includes reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AP3060JTPVGK4/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just catching up on this case. Took a look at his comments. This one is just jaw dropping.
attachment.php

Attachments

• blacker than my soul.jpg
    blacker than my soul.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 549

Wow, I hadn't read that about grandfather, was that mentioned in one of the PDFs or an article? TIA

While reading through the links to docs posted upthread, I'm confused.
It seems the mother had spilled the beans on what a menace this kid was, yet...in her letter for leniency she paints a much different picture of her son.
"Todd is not a bad boy. He never has been."
But...
A presentencing investigation report said Kohlhepp’s mother, Regina Kohlhepp, said he had noticeable emotional and behavioral problems since he was about 15 months old. She said he was always mean to other children, and if required to interact with them, he did so in an aggressive manner.

The things written about his behavior remind me of the 'bad seed' I grew up next door too. Thankfully, he never committed acts as atrocious as Todd, but he has been a lifelong non-law-abiding citizen, with several arrests.

Some people truly are just born bad.

They make beautiful tiny homes out of these!

I saw on his FB page. One of the groups he belongs to is about Tiny Homes...
Btw does anyone have a link to these Amazon reviews ? I just see references to some of them here but nissed a link . I'm still not caught up reading. Just did speed reading on the psych evaluation documents..wow just wow

Trying to catch up...I watched the video of the solicitor at the hearing today, and I swear he said KB told them she and CDC went to meet TK. Knocked on a 2 car garage door, then he shot CDC in the head, then he said I think they got pings there...then KB said they took their phones and had been in Greenville. So he drove her to Woodruff then? Am I hearing this right? Too tired to replay it. It's different from where I read it pinged in Woodruff. In which case I could understand why they think she could be confused, and nothing has been confirmed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77