SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

In a March 14 police report, Mica was accused of stealing nearly $1,200 in donations meant for the church’s “Dare to Care Mission” effort in Africa. The investigation was closed without any charges being filed.

Mica’s husband, John-Paul Miller, the church’s pastor when the complaint was filed, was listed as an an “involved other” in the police report. John-Paul was relieved of his ministerial duties last week after his wife’s death.

Attorney Regina Ward said a postnuptial agreement, which is made after you’re married, was drafted between Mica and John-Paul in February. It states that “Mica shall be entitled to the Africa missions, Dare to Care Mission and the bank account at South State Bank.”

Ward said the police report was filed weeks after the agreement was drafted, and she said she obtained an unsigned copy from Mica at the time. News13 was told Mica did eventually sign it, but we have not been able to verify that it was filed into court records.

“So she was under the impression, in my opinion, that they had reached an agreement that she would be able to remove those funds and continue her heart’s desire, which is that mission,” Ward said.
*this article reminds me of a site hyperlinked from the church website. If you choose to donate to the missions fund, you can choose some or all of it to go to a sub mission fund? I posted earlier about the donations are divided into three groups as they are here but listed as different categories. I'll see if I can find the article again. *found it and I guess they match up with Tithes, building fund and missions.

Last edited:
They did not have children. Once married, did he pull the Madonna complex? Turn to affairs because Weak Man -- that one mistake, just over and over -- leaving Mica confused and trying to please while he forever changes the rules? Was he constantly chastising her that she suddenly wasn't quite good enough? The gaslighter's win --- the moment she starts to question her own perception/reality.

Did he tear her away from her brief first marriage? The god in his head telling him he was called to marry her, First Lady. Some sort of Adam and Eve thing that surpassed all. The degree of manipulation and control scares me. His texts confirm it. His blood will be on her? He isn't dead. Idle threat. Intended to guilt her back to him.

I hate it if this was the only way she thought she could break free of him.

JMO

“The proof is in the abuse,” Francis wrote on a post shared on the 'JusticeForMica' TikTok account. “Police reports were filed when JP threatened his life, we did a wellness check. That is when he got mad. Police stated “when they arrived to perform a wellness check, he was loading micas belongings into his truck. he stated he was not suicidal. #justiceformica.”

John-Paul Miller, 44, allegedly warned Mica's family that he was "armed" and "ready" and claimed "Mica can fix all of this" when her family threatened to call the police or send another relative if he showed up to her location.

“My blood is on you, and my kids will know. All you had to do was come home to me. But you don’t even care that much about me,” John-Paul Miller, a father of five from his previous marriage, allegedly wrote to Mica in another string of messages.

“All you had to do was love me enough to drive home to me, but you don’t even care that much about me, I love you, I’m sorry.”

“If you come home today we can take off the rest of the year and go to counseling everyday. Go to Iceland. Do whatever in order to get well.

“I also desperately want a child with u. I’m just scared of this. This is the only reason I wouldn’t. I’m scared of divorce or putting the child thru things like this where u leave and aren’t willing to do whatever it takes.”
BBM.
Sorry, but this "Grrr's" me.
So manipulative, imo.
First bolded : This is all on HER.

Second bolded :
Using his kids to pressure her ?
Not ok.
My .02.

Third bolded :
Maybe ... she was already terrified at this time ?
It's more than annoying behavior, which is bad enough.
It's threatening behavior !
Omo.

At first, I thought it was just too much. Surely, JPM could not have pulled off a murder. A conspiracy somehow to get someone else to go along would have been necessary, right? He would have had to have all kinds of resources including people available to him. It's crazy to think about but I'm thinking Mica was possibly killed with viscous premeditation.

Still, I more or less blew off any thoughts of a spoofed call in this case, as conspiracy theory run amok
RSBM

Same. This and all the chatter about it not being Mica on the surveillance stills and the “missing” necklace. I think many folks simply aren’t familiar with the distortions and artifacts that are so common in surveillance footage, digital content, and recordings of various types.

I took Mica’s calmness in the 911 call to be that calm and peace that is often present when a person has committed to ending their own life. But you make a much better case than any I have heard so far. No birds chirping, no bugs buzzing? I will give it another listen when I am able.
Is it possible that she made the 911 call from inside her car, before heading to the spot where her life ended?

All MOO.

Last edited:
<modsnip - not an approved source>
*Meanwhile, the family's attorney said that she was brainwashed. "This man, in my opinion and based on the documents, my conversations with Mica whenever she was alive, tell me that she was brainwashed by this man," Ward told NewsNation. "He abused her in every possible way that there is. Financially, he abused her, but taking away things, phones, access to money, took away her car, those types of things to try to gain control of her. Every time she tried to leave him, he would harass and stalk her to the point she just felt like she had to give up and go back."

Last edited:
I have seen comments both here and elsewhere about the possibility of Mica's voice being possibly AI-generated, on the 9-1-1 call, and while I don't pretend to understand all of the capabilities of AI, I have heard songs with voices of artists that were AI-generated, and it was almost impossible to tell that they were. Still, I more or less blew off any thoughts of a spoofed call in this case, as conspiracy theory run amok. But this morning , with noise-cancelling headphones on, and volume turned up, I replayed the 9-1-1 call, and I was struck by how calmly, and deliberately and how very clearly, Mica's words were spoken. The dispatcher had background noise, coming from a room with several other dispatchers no doubt, and Mica's words were echoed on the dispatcher's end, a fraction of a second after being spoken. But Mica's voice was crystal clear, no ambient noise, nothing. It was almost studio-quality, and that is a bit unsettling to me suddenly. I challenge anyone here to listen to her call again, with headphones on, and volume up, and see if you agree. Although the voice answered the questions asked by the dispatcher, the answers were not what I consider immediate. Is it possible that it was not Mica actually speaking, but merely her generated voice? Mica's father even hints at such thoughts in the linked interview, at about the 12-minute mark, when he says it does not sound like MIca, and that it is too slow. JMO

I really would like that to be it. But it seems to much to make all the pieces fit together. imo

Maybe she made the call from her car with the engine off.

If someone is going to go through the trouble of making it look like self harm, I think they might choose an isolated location. You can achieve all the same things with a 911 call verifying they have the location. You don’t go to a place where there’s a chance of witnesses, like the fisherman who heard her crying. imo idk

Trying to bring this over from the first thread (hope I'm doing it correctly). ETA: Post 1033. That address has zero to do with Solid Rock, but much to do with the piano bar that JPM is part-owner of. Hope the AG is looking at this. IMO.

For someone that was very well prepared and a planner I find it hard to believe that she didn't leave her family a note or a final message. She was empath, a writer, she kept journals and wrote poetry. As much as she was going through, and her family right by her side trying to help her, she just seems like the type that would want them to know the "why" she decided to do this at this particular time. She would want them to know that it was her decision. I just find this incredibly difficult to believe, especially the more we learn.

I think we will learn that the filings two days before she passed is going to play into this.

JMO

Trying to bring this over from the first thread (hope I'm doing it correctly). ETA: Post 1033. That address has zero to do with Solid Rock, but much to do with the piano bar that JPM is part-owner of. Hope the AG is looking at this. IMO.
I do not have a link, so take it as my opinion, but I believe, in an effort to unload assets, well, just in case someone decides to go after everything he owns, in a lawsuit, he very recently may have signed his ownership in the bar over to one of his sons. JMO

Last edited:
So say we take the "national parks near me" search on her phone to mean Mica really did happen to choose this place to supposedly commit suicide because it's the closest to her as we were told.

But then we're also supposed to take that she just "happened' do it, basically in the back yard of a guy who was part of JP getting her declared mentally unstable?

The first part ok maybe, but the odds of her randomly picking a place literally backing up to someone distantly connected to her life (by way of JP) seems way too huge to be a coincidence, IMO.

But that's what we have to believe if you take the first part of the location search as being genuinely Mica.

I just still find the new info about the tie to the attorney JP worked with and the edge of the property where Mica was found very, very...off.

I do not have a link, so take it as my opinion, but I believe, in an effort to unload assets, well, just in case someone decides to go after everything he owns, in a lawsuit, he very recently may have signed his ownership in the bar over to one of his sons. JMO
I've been trying to find transfer of ownership records online, but haven't been successful. There appears to be a lot of transferring going on. Not sketchy at all (big eye roll by me) IMO.

Also, thank you to bestill for finding the FAA info - I've gone down the rabbit hole, again lol.

I have seen comments both here and elsewhere about the possibility of Mica's voice being possibly AI-generated, on the 9-1-1 call, and while I don't pretend to understand all of the capabilities of AI, I have heard songs with voices of artists that were AI-generated, and it was almost impossible to tell that they were. Still, I more or less blew off any thoughts of a spoofed call in this case, as conspiracy theory run amok. But this morning , with noise-cancelling headphones on, and volume turned up, I replayed the 9-1-1 call, and I was struck by how calmly, and deliberately and how very clearly, Mica's words were spoken. The dispatcher had background noise, coming from a room with several other dispatchers no doubt, and Mica's words were echoed on the dispatcher's end, a fraction of a second after being spoken. But Mica's voice was crystal clear, no ambient noise, nothing. It was almost studio-quality, and that is a bit unsettling to me suddenly. I challenge anyone here to listen to her call again, with headphones on, and volume up, and see if you agree. Although the voice answered the questions asked by the dispatcher, the answers were not what I consider immediate. Is it possible that it was not Mica actually speaking, but merely her generated voice? Mica's father even hints at such thoughts in the linked interview, at about the 12-minute mark, when he says it does not sound like MIca, and that it is too slow. JMO

Yes, I had also thought that she spoke from a studio, not from a shopping mall or at the lake or along the side of the road. If it was Mica, she found a quiet spot to call 911.

I really would like that to be it. But it seems to much to make all the pieces fit together. imo

Maybe she made the call from her car with the engine off.

If someone is going to go through the trouble of making it look like self harm, I think they might choose an isolated location. You can achieve all the same things with a 911 call verifying they have the location. You don’t go to a place where there’s a chance of witnesses, like the fisherman who heard her crying. imo idk
As crazy as JPM is, I don't think it's too far fetched to think he is capable of murdering Mica. But I'm also trying to make the potential scenerio make sense.

At this point (April 27th), Mica is out of the house, has filed another separation action and a no-contact order. She's said to be dressed for work, but we’ve never seen a time mentioned for starting her shift.

She walks into the gun shop at 12:12 PM, leaves at 12:34 PM, arrives at Grocery & Grill in Conway leaving there at 1:35 PM, calls 911 at 2:54 PM from Lumber River State Park.

If we suspect Mica purchased the gun for self-protection and not to kill herself, where was she heading to after leaving GG? Was she meeting someone?

The call to 911 was unusual, but Mica states her reason clearly. She wants her family to be able to find her body immediately after her death.

Why would someone who murdered her, want the same thing? Wouldn’t it be better to let her be found without that kind of help? Seems so risky.

Including snippets I thought were relevant from the Law & Crime video with Mica's dad and sister posted near the end of the last thread.

I'll do it in chunks...

[Part 1 with Mica's dad]

Beginning is lots of history and includes her supposed 911 call.

Her dad starts about 10 minutes in to the video.

Mica's Dad:

"There's a lot of details they did not cover because it was equivalent in their eyes to previous, uh, self-inflicted wounds.

<snip>

Since there were multiple shell casings found and a live round found, it didn't make much sense. So it would seem they would automatically do a complete toxicology not just a blood alcohol and a complete autopsy, which they did not do, and we're just devastated that they didn't b/c JP rushed the cremation process.

During the briefing they gave us a flash drive, um, and it doesn't sound like Mica, uh, during the 911 call.

<snip>

(12:45ish) But there is screaming going on and such and that's not indicative of a self-inflicted, you know, that's sounds like you know a fight.

(12:56ish) And um, with the bruising on her hands and on her arm, uh, scratches on her hands, uh, indicating defensive wounds, so very frustrating.

Q: When you say defensive wounds, was that something told you by medical professionals? When you talked about multiple casings there, where did you get this information? When you brought it o LE, what did they say?

A (Mica's dad @ 13:25): As far as finding out, the park ranger, um, took us back to the scene and pointed out here's where she, uh, would have been standing (picture shown) here's where the shell casings and this the live round, uh, were.

Which also doesn't make sense. Um, she knew how to use a weapon, she got the weapon for self-protection.

(13:50ish) She told me days beforehand, Dad, I really feel like I need a weapon for protection and she knows how to use it. She's qualified, she's been through training. She's not going to charge the weapon and eject a live round. She already knows the first rule of gun use, you know, is knowing the condition of the gun.

So we got the information about the shells, um, I mean, I did directly from the park ranger and then, uh, when we brought that up to LE they, uh, just said well they had no answer. They really just had no answer why, not even speculation like she probably did this. They just said this is what we have.

I mean, there's what would be an apparent bullet hole in a tree which I have a picture of. They just didn't seem to put the effort forth, so we're very disappointed in that.

Q: (14:48) And the defensive wounds was that from the park ranger too? Or?

A: Yeah, no. I just, we looked at her hands during the viewing. We took pictures of her from the viewing. It was the worst day of my life. And, uh, she had scratches on her arms and I mean on her hands.

And the coroner in training had the chief coroner with her, but she spoke out and said well maybe that's from when they retrieved her from the water.

And I said, ok, of course, maybe, so you know. So I asked, was there blood in those scratches and such? They had no answer. Very disappointing.

So um, I basically said, the scratches indicate some type of scuffle or something because there was no trees or anything anyway. There was no trees in the water there was nothing that would have scratched her hands the way they were.

(15:48) I mean like this it showed it indicated there was some type of pressure, you know, that's where the bruise was (he's indicating on top of her hand as if someone was grabbing her hand hard) and just.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back