SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

“We’re not seeing any grief here. We’re not seeing what we call adaptors, the things we use to self-soothe,” Scott Rouse told NewsNation on Tuesday night. “He’s got what’s supposed to be tears happening, that’s not happening. He’s got no tissues with him, his nose isn’t running … these are all the classic cues of someone who is faking an emotion.”

Rouse, who’s trained with the FBI and U.S. Department of Defense, said John-Paul feigned bereavement in addressing the congregation. A tell-tale “grief muscle” in his forehead never appeared, and his voice was “too clean” as he explained Mica’s death.

“This is one of those things that shows so many things that are wrong with him. I’m actually going to use this in training,” Rouse said.

John-Paul mentioned to congregants that Mica was struggling with mental illness at the time of her death, and was unable to get medication.

“He’s qualifying what happened to her. It’s horrible, but it’s really good when you want to show the body language of what shouldn’t be happening when someone’s grieving,” Rouse said.

In that video of JPM on the grass, he is wearing short sleeves. IMO in photos I have seen, he also often wears long sleeves, and sometimes rolls/pulls the cuffs up. I noticed that he wore long sleeves in the video where he announced Mica's death "last night" to the church, and again for her eulogy. I hope someone in LE asked to look at his hands and arms that critical week now that her father has explained that Mica had defensive wounds.

I really would like that to be it. But it seems to much to make all the pieces fit together. imo

Maybe she made the call from her car with the engine off.

If someone is going to go through the trouble of making it look like self harm, I think they might choose an isolated location. You can achieve all the same things with a 911 call verifying they have the location. You don’t go to a place where there’s a chance of witnesses, like the fisherman who heard her crying. imo idk

I am not buying into any conspiracy theories yet, but crying loudly enough to be heard by another person some distance away (yes I know sound carries over water) doesn't fit very well in my mind with that icy calm in the 911 call.

I totally agree.
I think his pulpit days are over though.

I don’t think his congregation or any congregation will forgive him for the cruel and vicious things he has repeatedly done, the documented threats that Mica’s sister has recorded and his complete lack of self-control.
The paper trail speaks for itself. He’s a liability now.
IMHO
I'm hoping his FREEDOM days are over.

I am not buying into any conspiracy theories yet, but crying loudly enough to be heard by another person some distance away (yes I know sound carries over water) doesn't fit very well in my mind with that icy calm in the 911 call.
Multiple bullet casings, and a bullet hole in a tree according to Mica's father doesn't fit very well in my mind either.
Though I suppose there could coincidentally have been shooting there previously by whomever. Is shooting, hunting allowed in that state park?

Multiple bullet casings, and a bullet hole in a tree according to Mica's father doesn't fit very well in my mind either.
Though I suppose there could coincidentally have been shooting there previously by whomever. Is shooting, hunting allowed in that state park?
North Carolina state parks are wildlife preserves. The hunting, trapping, pursuing, shooting, injuring, killing, or molesting of any bird or animal is prohibited.

How many shots did the fisherman hear, I wonder?
does JP have an alibi?
honestly JP is so ridiculous I almost lose interest in the case. When people continue to follow and support this person it makes me lose faith in humanity and good judgement. To not see whats right in front of their face, when all bad behavior is excused as getting overtaken by a bad spirit, being tested by god or satan or whoever. it ends up with you being judged on how you handled the test not accountability, Imagine if leaving an abusive relationship was seen as a failure in faith? I can see how one can be abused religiously.
Maybe JP can rewrite that verse in amazing grace and teach his congregation ( the ones that continue to support him) to sing :
I once was lost, Im still not found ,
Was blind, and still cant see"

its actually disgusting to think people would still follow him. even just because of that pathetic performance on the grass, what a fool. I guess thats how you abuse people religiously, find someone who you can twist up by making it about faith. I can hear him now " all want is a hot wife that loves god" ... run for the hills girls, predators always go where there is prey.

Last edited:
does JP have an alibi?
honestly JP is so ridiculous I almost lose interest in the case. When people continue to follow and support this person it makes me lose faith in humanity and good judgement. To not see whats right in front of their face, when all bad behavior is excused as getting overtaken by a bad spirit, being tested by god or satan or whoever. it ends up with you being judged on how you handled the test not accountability, Imagine if leaving an abusive relationship was seen as a failure in faith? I can see how one can be abused religiously.
Maybe JP can rewrite that verse in amazing grace and teach his congregation ( the ones that continue to support him) to sing :
I once was lost, Im still not found ,
Was blind, and still cant see"

its actually disgusting to think people would still follow him. even just because of that pathetic performance on the grass, what a fool. I guess thats how you abuse people religiously, find someone who you can twist up by making it about faith. I can hear him now " all want is a hot wife that loves god" ... run for the hills girls, predators always go where there is prey.
Yes, LE reported JP had an alibi for the time of Mica's death. They say he was attending an athletic event and said that his truck was seen in traveling on Hwy 17 Bypass.

Make no mistake. JP Miller is no minister. He's a shyster and a con. Cons con people. That's what they do. They con both smart people and gullible people. He conned his staff and many in his congregation. And there for a while, he conned Mica. But she saw straight through him in the end. And she exposed him.

As for JP, he shouldn't rest too comfortably. Lady Justice is headed his way and her sword is in flames.

KSN spoke to Mica’s sister, Destinee Barrientos, who lives in Burrton. She says more investigating needs to be done.

“I support the police, but I think that there’s way more that could have been done, and if they couldn’t have done it, then that’s what we need to change, and we need to fight those regulations and make it different because she could have been helped,” said Barrientos.

“When we would talk to her, you could tell she was kind of sad, but she wasn’t actually stating anything at that time. She started stating things to us as the years went on,” said Barrientos.

“She went to the elders of the church, asking them for help. She told them things that were going on, and they told her that’s marital issues, figure it out with your husband. Pray about it. She was let down by a lot of people,” said Barrientos.

and this is what he was doing after she died or before? either way, I rest my case. pathetic.
I think we know which person in that marriage has the mental illness….

It is terrible Mica couldn’t expose him without losing herself. I really don’t think she could imagine another way out because of his ‘church’. (If she did in fact commit suicide, which I am skeptical about)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back