SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

And $500 exactly. Not $483, $507, $500.85.
This whole news about the alleged $500 found in Mica's fanny pack pretty much convinces me that, if Mica took her own life without physical coercion, and I believe that she did, it almost surely was a spur of the moment decision made after she left her apartment, with intentions of going to work. If so, SOMETHING caused her to change her mind. We know there were a few minutes unaccounted for before she showed up at the pawn shop, which was about a ten-minute drive from her home, as she left at 11:38 and arrived at the pawn shop at 12:12. Maybe some of that time was spent at her bank, either inside, if it was open, or at the ATM. Not that it necessarily matters, but I hope that LE have checked the camera at the closest South Bank, to see if she appeared at the bank at that time, and if she was alone, or appeared to be uneasy. What was this money to be used for...to get away from JPM, without being penniless? To pay someone? To give someone? We may never know what caused her to choose to end her life, but I hope that someone continues to investigate until there are more answers. JMO

This whole news about the alleged $500 found in Mica's fanny pack pretty much convinces me that, if Mica took her own life without physical coercion, and I believe that she did, it almost surely was a spur of the moment decision made after she left her apartment, with intentions of going to work. If so, SOMETHING caused her to change her mind. We know there were a few minutes unaccounted for before she showed up at the pawn shop, which was about a ten-minute drive from her home, as she left at 11:38 and arrived at the pawn shop at 12:12. Maybe some of that time was spent at her bank, either inside, if it was open, or at the ATM. Not that it necessarily matters, but I hope that LE have checked the camera at the closest South Bank, to see if she appeared at the bank at that time, and if she was alone, or appeared to be uneasy. What was this money to be used for...to get away from JPM, without being penniless? To pay someone? To give someone? We may never know what caused her to choose to end her life, but I hope that someone continues to investigate until there are more answers. JMO
A quick check of her bank accounts would tell if there was a withdraw at a bank branch or an ATM. She could have withdrawn cash at an ATM at any number of places, such as a convivence store, grocery store or restaurant.

In the Ring camera in front of her apartment, she was listening to Necessary Endings by Dr. Henry Cloud. Cannot fully determine her state of mind "in the spur of the moment". However, this is concerning.

“If you’re hesitant to pull the trigger when things obviously aren't working out, Henry Cloud’s Necessary Endings may be the most important book you read all year.” —Dave Ramsey, New York Times bestselling author of The Total Money Makeover

A quick check of her bank accounts would tell if there was a withdraw at a bank branch or an ATM. She could have withdrawn cash at an ATM at any number of places, such as a convivence store, grocery store or restaurant.
True, but I really feel like, if drawing out that amount of money, it highly likely was taken from a bank. JMO

In the Ring camera in front of her apartment, she was listening to Necessary Endings by Dr. Henry Cloud. Cannot fully determine her state of mind "in the spur of the moment". However, this is concerning.

“If you’re hesitant to pull the trigger when things obviously aren't working out, Henry Cloud’s Necessary Endings may be the most important book you read all year.” —Dave Ramsey, New York Times bestselling author of The Total Money Makeover

This is the talk she was listening to. Dr Cloud is a Christian self-help author. This sermon was pointing her toward leaving the past behind and starting a new life, not ending hers...

I don't know about in that area, but around here there are only a handful of ATMs that will let you withdraw more than about $120-$150. The limit is just to keep the machines from running out of money. You'd have to go to the ATM at a bank.

I have a question, and it may have been answered above, was JPM visibly seen at sporting event? All I recall seeing is that his vehicle was spotted on a traffic cam. My reason for asking is maybe he was stalking her as she left for work. And other things transpired like the pawn shop for the gun which probably took awhile waiting for the background check. I do not know S.C. laws but in CO we have to wait 3 days now after the background check before being able to pick up the gun. It used to be after the background check came back which took a few hours. Then maybe he stalked her to the park, and she couldn't shoot so he overpowered her. Then maybe it went badly from there. Just MOO..

My thought is, based on the past tracking of her car, that the purchase of the gun was a trigger for her "suicide" to happen. That would end a lot of divorce issues such as financial research, pastor being in the middle of another divorce and scrutiny on the church and whatever tentacles the financials involved and lead to. Her death was a win for some people for sure. JMO

While we may not be able to discuss all of it, there are several things in this story that are disturbing...

When details of Mica’s death were announced, John-Paul was released from “all ministerial functions for a time of healing, counsel, and guidance, pursuant to our governing instrument,”

Church officials have said since then that he remains affiliated with Solid Rock.

Solid Rock announced last week it plans to build a seven-figure school on a property off Highway 17 Bypass.

News13 was the first to report on Solid Rock Ministries publicly known assets from combing through land records, tax forms and online data bases to tabulate it’s $5.59 million portfolio, that includes acres of land, and a $429,000 airplane, registered with the FAA on May 9.

The centerpiece of Solid Rock’s planned expansion is a new church and school, for 1st through 9th grade students, off Highway 17 Bypass, near the newly Publix Supermarket complex off Coventry Road.

The church’s website had been suspended for about three weeks, and just recently came back online, with one significant change. Under its “Leadership” category, it now says “coming soon.” Previously, it noted John-Paul Miller as one of 3 senior pastors.

Also, listed as one of those pastors was XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX. News13 had learned that XXXXXXXX is a registered sex offender, convicted in March 1991 for “indecent acts with another.”

In a December 2023 interview with The Sun News, John-Paul said the campus was expected to be ready some time next year. Church members donated about $1 million to pay for it, he told the newspaper.

John-Paul Miller founded Solid Rock on four core values: ‘We serve,” “We forgive,” “We respect” and “We give.”

He explained in February 2021 sermon why he believed money “is the most fascinating subject to me in the Bible.”

John Paul Miller’s father, Reginald Wayne Miller paid $280,000 to the U.S. Air Force in 1995 when he opened Cathedral Baptist Church at the 803 Howard Ave. site.

In January 2013, Cathedral Baptist Church transferred the Howard Avenue property to Solid Rock Ministries for $300,000.

Last edited:
I am not evangelical by any definition. As a result, my knowledge of evangelicals is limited especially in regards to membership.

One big church in a nearby 'burb where I live describes itself as "evangelical" and has woman pastors. Then again, they also have a disclaimer on their website acknowledging that different, and equally valid, "con" opinions exist.

As for JP surviving affairs and divorces, I agree, that is usually a show stopper for evangelical pastors.

But.... JP appears to "run his own show", as both Pastor and board. As a result, he writes his own rules and can survive so long as he can spin things enough to keep a critical mass of congregants.
But will he be able to survive a scandal of this magnitude? Previously he was able to keep his messes on a local DL level. This has hit the news nation wide. I seriously can’t fathom members overlooking his ungodly behavior. He can’t manage his own life, let alone speak into those of his flock. If SR survives its a cult, not a Church.

While we may not be able to discuss all of it, there are several things in this story that are disturbing...

When details of Mica’s death were announced, John-Paul was released from “all ministerial functions for a time of healing, counsel, and guidance, pursuant to our governing instrument,” according to a statement from a church advisor.

Church officials have said since then that he remains affiliated with Solid Rock.

Solid Rock announced last week it plans to build a seven-figure school on a property off Highway 17 Bypass.

News13 was the first to report on Solid Rock Ministries publicly known assets from combing through land records, tax forms and online data bases to tabulate it’s $5.59 million portfolio, that includes acres of land, and a $429,000 airplane, registered with the FAA on May 9.

The centerpiece of Solid Rock’s planned expansion is a new church and school, for 1st through 9th grade students, off Highway 17 Bypass, near the newly Publix Supermarket complex off Coventry Rorad.

The church’s website had been suspended for about three weeks, and just recently came back online, with one significant change. Under its “Leadership” category, it now says “coming soon.” Previously, it noted John-Paul Miller as one of 3 senior pastors.

Also, listed a one of those pastors was XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX. News13 had learned that XXXXXXXX is a registered sex offender, convicted in March 1991 for “indecent acts with another.”

John-Paul Miller founded Solid Rock on four core values: ‘We serve,” “We forgive,” “We respect” and “We give.”

He explained in February 2021 sermon why he believed money “is the most fascinating subject to me in the Bible.”

John Paul Miller’s father, Reginald Wayne Miller paid $280,000 to the U.S. Air Force in 1995 when he opened Cathedral Baptist Church at the 803 Howard Ave. site.

In January 2013, Cathedral Baptist Church transferred the Howard Avenue property to Solid Rock Ministries for $300,000.

His fascination and comments on money in this story say it all. From the heart the mouth speaks … I dont know a Pastor on the planet who would say those kind of things. Unbelievable!

Being in an abusive relationship changes a person. They lose confidence in themselves and believe all the negative things they were constantly told by the abuser. "No one else will love you or want you", "you are nothing without me", "you're crazy", " I will make you regret divorcing me", etc. Just because the abused person leaves the relationship, doesn't mean they are magically happy, feel safe, or are looking forward to the future. It usually takes years of therapy to undo the damage. I don't find it hard to believe, at all, that Mica took her own life. In doing so, she has put a huge spotlight on this fraudulent pastor, and that is the one positive to come out of this tragedy. I hope Mica is at peace and that JP is never allowed to be a pastor anywhere, ever again.

But will he be able to survive a scandal of this magnitude? Previously he was able to keep his messes on a local DL level. This has hit the news nation wide. I seriously can’t fathom members overlooking his ungodly behavior. He can’t manage his own life, let alone speak into those of his flock. If SR survives its a cult, not a Church.
It sounds like a cult already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammy Davis Jr
Back