SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

I use AirPods for work meetings that have pretty good noise cancellation. I suppose she could have used that instead but idr seeing anything about her having AirPods.
When leaving her home, while listening to the talk on her phone, she has no Air Pods, nor are any seen at any time while in the pawn shop or grocery. I don't believe she had any with her. JMO

Last edited:
What scares me is this is normal in his world. I know of situations where the woman gets out of the cycle of abuse but I can't think of a single case of a man.

I think some church goers can respect a preacher who admits his sins and repents but this guy has a foot in crazy.

I'm curious about the financials. I wonder if this church is affiliated with any larger group of churches. Those require yearly audits and have business methods to follow.
If a person only cares about power and being in control, they are not willing to do anything that would question their methods (even if they actually go to therapy they wouldn't be introspective enough to want to change their behavior).

People who crave power are naturally attracted to professions that hold authority - priests, politicians, law enforcement, etc. It is beneficial to them to be viewed as infalliable, or "holy".

Now I'm always looking at those in authority with a healthy suspicion.

I agree with you about the lack of ambient sound, and have even stated as much. The only explanation I can offer is that she may have made the call while still inside her car, with the engine off and windows up. LE seem to think she did, as there are many spots in the park, apparently, where cell service is spotty at best. I will say that the almost absolute absence of background noise is a bit disconcerting. JMO
I was thinking last night about her being in the car on that call. After the call she then walk, hiked, and or trailed through to her spot.

Ok....I remember when Waters pointed out that Murdaugh’s phone had shown no activity for an hour, and then suddenly came back to life before he drove away. It showed him taking more than 70 steps a minute for about four minutes, well over the pace he had walked any other time that evening.

That said, her phone would tell her steps. If there was any before or after the call. Actually it would show her whole day.

Just now I googled if every phone counts your steps. Most if not all cell phones do.
(Is just people like Murdaugh and Barry Morphew didn't know they did. Lol!!)

I wonder why Mica didn't block JP's number? Or just turn her phone off while out to dinner. I'm not criticizing because I've done something similar. My answer is she was completely under his control.
I'd like to hear others' thoughts.

The brainwashing that went on is frightening.

This is just is another example of restraining orders aren't worth the paper they are printed on. And another example of the most dangerous time in an abusive relationship is when the abused leaves the abuser.

I am not defending JP but IMO he is the result of the environment he was raised in and unlike Mica he didn't try to get out of it .

This whole case is so disturbing. I can't get past the spent rounds and bullet left by Mica's belongings and her body 40 m away in the water. That's about the length of a football field . It makes no sense to me.

This my opinion just trying to find some answers
BBM
I believe she deliberately left it on, because she knew he would stalk and harass her, and this way she could have documented proof of the stalking for the police reports.

That's true . And I noticed she dressed in all black. I've sent photos of her in black so I'm not sure that had any significance. I still have trouble thinking she killed herself. A lot of super religious people believe that is the ultimate sin.

I'm totally baffled. Why do people follow these men whose actions and words are not a reflection of Jesus' teachings?
She was dressed for work as a restaurant server.

I use AirPods for work meetings that have pretty good noise cancellation. I suppose she could have used that instead but idr seeing anything about her having AirPods.

When leaving her home, while listening to the talk on her phone, she has no Air Pods, nor are any seen at any time while in the pawn shop or grocery. I don't believe she had any with her. JMO
Weren't the AirPods on the list of items she asked to be returned to her in the court filings? I believe my memory is correct on that.

I was thinking last night about her being in the car on that call. After the call she then walk, hiked, and or trailed through to her spot.

Ok....I remember when Waters pointed out that Murdaugh’s phone had shown no activity for an hour, and then suddenly came back to life before he drove away. It showed him taking more than 70 steps a minute for about four minutes, well over the pace he had walked any other time that evening.

That said, her phone would tell her steps. If there was any before or after the call. Actually it would show her whole day.

Just now I googled if every phone counts your steps. Most if not all cell phones do.
(Is just people like Murdaugh and Barry Morphew didn't know they did. Lol!!)
You are right about her steps, it would show the times and number of steps per hour, so LE should have that information. This would also indicate when she wasn't walking too, so if say she were brought to the location by boat her steps would be off. JMO
Good thought about the iPhone data and she also had an apple watch I believe.

But will he be able to survive a scandal of this magnitude? Previously he was able to keep his messes on a local DL level. This has hit the news nation wide. I seriously can’t fathom members overlooking his ungodly behavior. He can’t manage his own life, let alone speak into those of his flock. If SR survives its a cult, not a Church.

I am going to make a different bet than at @SteveP (though I think his bet is well informed).

Surviving scandal, whether it is a wayward pastor, a "re-created" politician, a shady businessman etc. was easier to do in the pre internet / mass social media names. Local TV news and newspaper reports of the scandal could be brief and not in depth. A certain number of people neither read the newspapers, nor watched TV news.

Thus, with brief and often general negative news, wayward Pastor types had an easier time going into spin control, then re-booting, re-imaging and driving on.

But with mass social media, scandal stories do not "go away". Nor is the news general. Rather, disturbing details are also readily available: Met 'M' as a minor at his parish- then married her- she the commits suicide, divorced from mother of five, the existence of an "church" airplane, investments in a bar etc.

None of the above are "show stoppers" when viewed individually. But the totality? I just dont think he can maintain a critical mass of attendees. As a result, my bet is that he is sunk.

BBM
I believe she deliberately left it on, because she knew he would stalk and harass her, and this way she could have documented proof of the stalking for the police reports.
BBM
That makes sense .

And. I meant half of a football field in my post.

I can't get past the spent rounds and bullet left by Mica's belongings and her body 40 m away in the water. That's about the length of a football field . It makes no sense to me.

This my opinion just trying to find some answers
^RSBM for focus.

I thought that dead bodies immediately sink in water? Then much later, decomposition gasses cause the body to float back up. Per the interview with her father, the gun was found in the area of those casings and her belongings, in the waters edge. If a claim that she floated 40 meters from the gun is false because the dead sink and there is no current there, then did she shoot herself, drop the gun, then stumble 40 meters to where she was found?

PS The entirety of the Lumber River is a federally protected National Wild and Scenic River. I have no idea if this creates a cojurisdiction with federal authorities like a reservation or national park or military, but it is interesting.

^RSBM for focus.

I thought that dead bodies immediately sink in water? Then much later, decomposition gasses cause the body to float back up. Per the interview with her father, the gun was found in the area of those casings and her belongings, in the waters edge. If a claim that she floated 40 meters from the gun is false because the dead sink and there is no current there, then did she shoot herself, drop the gun, then stumble 40 meters to where she was found?

PS The entirety of the Lumber River is a federally protected National Wild and Scenic River. I have no idea if this creates a cojurisdiction with federal authorities like a reservation or national park or military, but it is interesting.
The way her Dad described it she had go down two trails until she got the water. The water was knee deep and another guy or guys in a boat spotted her. Meanwhile back at where the fisherman heard the crying then a gunshot the cops had arrived . The guys who saw the body alerted LE

The link to this is up thread. I think it was a podcast where her dad talks about what he learned and how shoddy and rushed the investigation was.

If a person only cares about power and being in control, they are not willing to do anything that would question their methods (even if they actually go to therapy they wouldn't be introspective enough to want to change their behavior).

People who crave power are naturally attracted to professions that hold authority - priests, politicians, law enforcement, etc. It is beneficial to them to be viewed as infalliable, or "holy".

Now I'm always looking at those in authority with a healthy suspicion.
Plus, people who Do Not Play Well With Others often pursue self-employment for as long as possible.

I'm totally baffled. Why do people follow these men whose actions and words are not a reflection of Jesus' teachings

It is certainly bewildering.

According to arrest records that have been linked in these threads, it seems to me that the majority of their infrastructure, their leaders, JPM and his cohorts, have criminal records or are suspects in crime, like JPM himself.

An entire cadre of wrongdoers running a church. No one seems repentant IMO except for that Mica’s death cracked it all wide open.

JMO

It is certainly bewildering.

According to arrest records that have been linked in these threads, it seems to me that the majority of their infrastructure, their leaders, JPM and his cohorts, have criminal records or are suspects in crime, like JPM himself.

An entire cadre of wrongdoers running a church. No one seems repentant IMO except for that Mica’s death cracked it all wide open.

JMO

"cadre..." Perfect word (with all kinds of interesting images, too)! :oops:

^RSBM for focus.

I think the most likely scenario is that she waded in approximately 40 meters from her belongings and that is where she ended her life. imo

The quote below makes it sound as if the gun was found near her.
ETA
Mica Miller's final hours: NC sheriff releases findings of Myrtle Beach woman's death

As law enforcement continued the search, E911 received a call from someone who said a body was in the water. Law enforcement responded to the location and contacted the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office. The victim was identified as Mica Miller.

“A Sig Sauer 9mm handgun was located in the water at the crime scene during the search of the area,” according to the sheriff’s office. “The serial number on the weapon matched the gun box that was found in Miller’s Honda Accord.”

Last edited:
I think the most likely scenario is that she waded in approximately 40 meters from her belongings and that is where she ended her life. imo

ETA
Mica Miller's final hours: NC sheriff releases findings of Myrtle Beach woman's death

As law enforcement continued the search, E911 received a call from someone who said a body was in the water. Law enforcement responded to the location and contacted the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office. The victim was identified as Mica Miller.

“A Sig Sauer 9mm handgun was located in the water at the crime scene during the search of the area,” according to the sheriff’s office. “The serial number on the weapon matched the gun box that was found in Miller’s Honda Accord.”
I wonder if that supposed immersion of the gun in the water would remove any possible fingerprints or DNA from the weapon? IANAL nor an investigative detective so I do not have any idea of the likelihood of that. MOO

This is from yesterday -
On Wednesday, Damien McLean with the Robeson County Sheriff's Office told PEOPLE that the FBI's field office in Columbia, S.C., is conducting a “parallel investigation” in connection with the case, but is not investigating Mica’s death.
(…)
Kevin Wheeler, a spokesperson for the FBI's field office in Columbia, S.C., told PEOPLE the office is "communicating" with Robeson County authorities but declined to comment on whether there was an investigation.

Wheeler added, "The truth is, the Robinson County Sheriff Department put out a statement saying that [the FBI was investigating], and all that I can tell you is that we have communicated with them. Beyond that. I can't give you any details."

A statement to PEOPLE from the FBI's national office of public affairs reads: "We have no comment and can neither confirm nor deny an investigation because of longstanding DOJ policy."

ETA

According to her father, bullet casings were on shore and the gun was in the water, but 40 metres away from her body. There was also a bullet in a tree. That sounds to me like she might have been trying to run from an attacker who shot her and threw the gun into the water. If she had shot herself, the gun, casings and her body would all be together.

I wonder if that supposed immersion of the gun in the water would remove any possible fingerprints or DNA from the weapon? IANAL nor an investigative detective so I do not have any idea of the likelihood of that. MOO
I don’t know the answer to that.

It’s sad that an in-depth investigation wasn’t done. I would have demanded an autopsy. It’s shocking to me that this didn’t happen. Cell phone forensics would have been helpful given the extenuating circumstances surrounding this case. I suppose the family isn’t in possession of her phone.

It’s sad that an in-depth investigation wasn’t done. I would have demanded an autopsy. It’s shocking to me that this didn’t happen.

Forgive me as I must have missed this....has there been confirmation that no autopsy was done?? If so, that's just incredibly lazy on LE's part. Don't most unattended deaths require an autopsy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back