SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

I wonder how many of the people there are parishioners, and how many are basically voyeurs, or people who are going to go home and report on it on websites like this one.
When I first read that, have to admit I thought it said ‘prisoners’, not parishioners. My fault not yours! But it does sort of fit IMO.

I sure hope that the FBI, federal, and other local authorities can properly and fully investigate this so-called pastor and those in the ‘leadership’ of his ‘church’. Those formerly involved and any current or new individuals. MOO

It does sound very plausible. However, she would never meet JP alone anywhere, not anywhere...
Unless you've been in a relationship with a narcissist - and can understand their ability to manipulate (and part of what makes it so hard to get out of relationship with) - saying "never" is a big thing. Another option is she went to meet him because he was going to give her something he knew she would need ---- a million ways to manipulate her to go see him -- honestly if she thought "one last time" because.... (insert: he had her convinced he would stop following her, sign the divorce papers, not harm someone else --- the list of things that can be used by that type of a person to "lure" her there is long - and we don't know ALL that Mica knew about anything/everything) -- she might have gone (but with a gun because she was finally accepting that she could NOT trust him and he was not SAFE for her to be alone with).

Again - just a scenario that keeps sitting in my mind.

When I first read that, have to admit I thought it said ‘prisoners’, not parishioners. My fault not yours! But it does sort of fit IMO.

I sure hope that the FBI, federal, and other local authorities can properly and fully investigate this so-called pastor and those in the ‘leadership’ of his ‘church’. Those formerly involved and any current or new individuals. MOO
If the information about his contact with younger girls is accurate I would think all authorities would be involved. If there are any other victims of his sexual prowess I hope that they won’t be afraid to speak out.

Often a congregation will not know anything about the pastor living a double life and the members are in shock when they find out. In this case they are already aware of his misconduct and are still there supporting him so it’s a lot easier for him to say I fell off the wagon. It wouldn’t be so drastic for him to repent and ask for forgiveness. He should have stepped down and be removed from all forms of church leadership. Ugh.

If the information about his contact with younger girls is accurate I would think all authorities would be involved. If there are any other victims of his sexual prowess I hope that they won’t be afraid to speak out.

Often a congregation will not know anything about the pastor living a double life and the members are in shock when they find out. In this case they are already aware of his misconduct and are still there supporting him so it’s a lot easier for him to say I fell off the wagon. It wouldn’t be so drastic for him to repent and ask for forgiveness. He should have stepped down and be removed from all forms of church leadership. Ugh.
The worst scandal I experienced at any church I've attended was one where a pastor (it was a big church and they had several) was caught embezzling. He chose to resign, and was not sent to jail in exchange for restitution. The amount was in the low five figures, ca. 1990.

There's a BIG difference between that, and anything this guy has been accused of doing, or is known to have done.

The worst scandal I experienced at any church I've attended was one where a pastor (it was a big church and they had several) was caught embezzling. He chose to resign, and was not sent to jail in exchange for restitution. The amount was in the low five figures, ca. 1990.

There's a BIG difference between that, and anything this guy has been accused of doing, or is known to have done.

He did the right thing.

What JP has done is bad enough that he should resign but the fact that he thinks he doesn’t need to step down is deplorable. He’s not sorry.

What if:
  • Mica went to that park to supposedly meet JP - lets say he convinced her that if she met with him he would agree to whatever she wanted as far as divorcing.
  • She decides last minute - after getting ready to go to work - to actually go meet him.
  • She stops on the way to get a gun - because her gut is telling her she might not be safe to meet him.
  • She gets gas and an energy drink in prep for meeting him and then being able to drive back to MB without making a stop.
  • when she makes the 911 call -- shes doing it while someone has a gun to her head -- her last plea was please just let me call so my family can find my body - "do this one last thing for me" or say whatever she knew would feed his narcissism.
  • when she is on the phone with the 911 operator - she slowly (she's hoping that the dispatcher is immediately sending police to her location). She gives the "details" of where she is - drawn out - and she knows she has to "tell the operator she's going to kill herself" as part of the "deal".
  • The line goes dead because the person holding the gun starts to realize what she is doing.
  • THEN the fisherman hears the woman crying (because now she's begging for her life)
  • Then the shots are fired.
Just a stream of thoughts that keep running my head that seems as much a possibility as anything else making any kind of sense.
I think a number of posters have expressed similar thoughts along the way, with the caveat that we NEED HIS digital trail.
But who can or would be able to get it this point. ??

Unless you've been in a relationship with a narcissist - and can understand their ability to manipulate (and part of what makes it so hard to get out of relationship with) - saying "never" is a big thing. Another option is she went to meet him because he was going to give her something he knew she would need ---- a million ways to manipulate her to go see him -- honestly if she thought "one last time" because.... (insert: he had her convinced he would stop following her, sign the divorce papers, not harm someone else --- the list of things that can be used by that type of a person to "lure" her there is long - and we don't know ALL that Mica knew about anything/everything) -- she might have gone (but with a gun because she was finally accepting that she could NOT trust him and he was not SAFE for her to be alone with).

Again - just a scenario that keeps sitting in my mind.
I agree
With so many years of his gaslighting I think Mica could do anything unimaginable. Like killing herself . Like meeting up with him

Well, it is 10:10 in Myrtle Beach, and morning service has begun at Solid RockatMyrtleBeach, as they now appear when you Google the church, with zero reviews. Wish we had a local there who could tell us how many people are there and who is "preaching". Also curious as to whether any people are still outside, for Mica. I fear that the heat is pretty much off, and things are already returning to "normal" there.

As an aside, I am surprised that SR apparently does not live stream their services, so that JPM can reach a bigger audience, although if they ever have, they probably are not currently. JMO
I wish I’d seen this yesterday morning. I’d have taken a drive by the church to see how many cars were parked outside and if anyone was outside for Mica.

I’ll try to drive by there this Sunday if I remember. I definitely don’t think I could stomach going inside, though.

I wish I’d seen this yesterday morning. I’d have taken a drive by the church to see how many cars were parked outside and if anyone was outside for Mica.

I’ll try to drive by there this Sunday if I remember. I definitely don’t think I could stomach going inside, though.
I'm not even sure they would let you inside, without frisking you and confiscating your cell phone first! I bet any and all visitors are being watched right now. JMO

I don't think this has been posted yet, a podcast from Dr Darin Wolfe, forensic pathologist. I think he concludes that with the information available at the time he would have said suicide (and explains this with compassion) but he's interested in the AI theories so will do a second podcast if more information becomes available.

JPM really wants to be in control of her estate, why? Mica had little to nothing of value.
<snipped for focus>

IIRC, someone upthread mentioned that JPM and MM had a pre-nuptial agreement? Even if that is the case, assets they jointly acquired while married could play a role in Micah's estate, depending on the probate laws and marriage in their state. So there may be a lot of finances at stake for JPM in the settling of the estate.

And of course there is JPM's control issues regarding all things Micah.

Last edited:

Yes, please don’t go in….. besides, you would likely be asked to tithe upon entering. And I wonder if cameras or cell phones are allowed inside by ‘parishioners’?

And if you go near, be careful. I hope that you have a recent model Ford Crown Victoria or a Chevrolet Tahoe or Blazer. Dark blue or black in color and decent window tint. Light bars are not needed. And I hope similarly unmarked vehicles are also there too. /sarc MOO

<snipped for focus>

IIRC, someone upthread mentioned that JPM and MM had a pre-nuptial agreement? Even if that is the case, assets they jointly acquired while married could play a role in Micah's estate, depending on the probate laws and marriage in their state. So there may be a lot of finances at stake for JPM in the settling of the estate.

And of course there is JPM's control issues regarding all things Micah.
It was a post-nuptual agreement.
Here is some info in it.

I'm confused as to how her body was found 40 m from shore, in a stagnant body of water, when the shell casings were found onshore.

If she'd waded in before she committed suicide, the shell casings would be in the water.

And wasn't the weapon found in water, but close to shore?

It's possible of course that despite the water being stagnant, her body could have moved from near the shore to where it was found. But shell casings ON land, to me, means the gun was fired on land. Forgive my wording, but she could not move her own body after she killed herself.

I'm confused as to how her body was found 40 m from shore, in a stagnant body of water, when the shell casings were found onshore.

If she'd waded in before she committed suicide, the shell casings would be in the water.

And wasn't the weapon found in water, but close to shore?

It's possible of course that despite the water being stagnant, her body could have moved from near the shore to where it was found. But shell casings ON land, to me, means the gun was fired on land. Forgive my wording, but she could not move her own body after she killed herself.
Very little is known about the shell casings allegedly found, but there were supposedly a couple of casings and one live round. Were they the same caliber as Mica's gun? There allegedly was a bullet hole in a tree close by, that Mica's father apparently took a photo of. Was that hole examined at all? We know that Mica bought a box of ammo at the pawn shop, along with the gun. How many rounds were missing from the box? Were they all accounted for? Did the rounds in the box match the round and casings found? I'm sure it would be too much to expect that the round that ended her life was tested to make sure that came from her gun. were the casings and live rounds even confiscated as possible evidence? LE have not even addressed the casings, AFAIK. Only her father has, although a park ranger was aware of them as well. Just so many unanswered questions still... JMO

“Mica was a very, very, sick young woman,” he said in a statement to the Mail.

“All have been covered [up] to protect her memory.”
“‘I have a video of Mica… where she tells last year how she took a gun to kill herself and pulled the trigger and the bullet locked in the gun,” he claimed.

One would assume if Reginald M. wants to protect his son, he'd make sure everything was out in the open ?
Omo.
My parents always used to say: “it takes one to know one”.

Just might apply here.

And pastor father, would you be able to share views of the son JPM? MOO

Very little is known about the shell casings allegedly found, but there were supposedly a couple of casings and one live round. Were they the same caliber as Mica's gun? There allegedly was a bullet hole in a tree close by, that Mica's father apparently took a photo of. Was that hole examined at all? We know that Mica bought a box of ammo at the pawn shop, along with the gun. How many rounds were missing from the box? Were they all accounted for? Did the rounds in the box match the round and casings found? I'm sure it would be too much to expect that the round that ended her life was tested to make sure that came from her gun. were the casings and live rounds even confiscated as possible evidence? LE have not even addressed the casings, AFAIK. Only her father has, although a park ranger was aware of them as well. Just so many unanswered questions still... JMO
And, how does someone find a bullet hole in a tree? Unless you are deliberately looking for it how would you even know it was there in the first place?!
Either her father was told something, or they saw something to let them to believe that.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure they would let you inside, without frisking you and confiscating your cell phone first! I bet any and all visitors are being watched right now. JMO
I know the answer, but have to ask why anyway. Can you imagine if that’s actually true?

Is there something being said that anyone outside of Solid Rock can’t hear? If so, its not a Church its a Cult. Sorry I keep repeating that, guess I’m hoping some may be reading here and it penetrates. Isolating people from outsiders, trying to control their thoughts, and what they can freely say, are primary objectives in a cult.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back