SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per CNN - showing a tweet from Charleston PD - nobody has been asked to evacuate their homes.

You just hope that if there is ever a safe place, a harbor, it is your place of worship.

So awful that cannot be true. :(

Charlestonians are a decent lot. They will not let this fester. I have faith they will find and deal with the killers ASAP. And hopefully without the rioting and unrest seen in more corrupt cities.

RIP.

Reporter just got thrown out of the library where church members are.

One reporter said helicopters shifted to East Bay St now. (via live stream)

How do they know he is 21? They must know who it is. Hope they find him soon.

I can't believe CNN just cut their live coverage. Yet, they give hours and hours to that fake lady. Ridiculous.

Number to call with any info on crime: 743 7200

One reporter said helicopters shifted to East Bay St now. (via live stream)

Trying to find the location....East Bay South of Broad? What is the church address, if anyone has it?

(CNN is irritating me. They left coverage of this and went back to the Brian Williams story. I think we can wait on his status, ya know?)

Still waiting on presser and updates.

Pastor Thomas Ravenell: 'Want person who committed this act to come forward...saying to community, we wait...we want answers..we've heard several deaths in church. Hope it's not true.'

I think now everyone is just waiting to hear from the city leaders as to what's what.

PD chief, Mayor O'Riley to speak @12.45.

It's now 12.26.

(CNN is irritating me. They left coverage of this and went back to the Brian Williams story. I think we can wait on his status, ya know?)

Still waiting on presser and updates.

I am beyond ticked at CNN right now. Then, they turn the Brian Williams story into a race thing because of Lester Holt taking over. Really? How about he is a great anchor who has been filling in for 10 years.

Sorry for the o/t

Isn't Thomas Ravenell the guy from the Bravo TV series?

No worries. This shooting may be race related, as well. But too soon to say for sure.

'Eerily quiet' in Marion SQ. No policce presence there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500