SC SC - Paul Baker, 3, Beaufort, 5 March 1987

I thought the SunShine law only pertained to Florida or can we really get the South Carolina information via the Florida SunShine law because SB now lives in Florida?

Not tying to create a mucky situation just trying to understand. Hopefully Susan Cato is going to come through with the information.
=====================================================

The Florida information can be through Florida's sunshine law.
http://www.myflsunshine.com/sun.nsf/pages/Law

But any record can be requested through the
Freedom of Information Act.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_Information_Act_(United_States)
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nsa/foia.html
http://www.justice.gov/oip/

Such as South Carolina.

We have this obit posted in Shannon's thread, don't remember exactly which one. I want to point out that the brother with the same last S name, is her HALF brother. To me, that means SB has another name also. So, SB was born with one name, when her mom married the step-dad it appears she took a second name and then she married Baker for a third name. Make sense? Heck, she could have more names - but these 3 appear to be tracable.

There should be marriage records for Mr. S, that recently passed away and also for SB & JB - in South Carolina. I won't have time for any real searching until tomorrow.

The obit says:

(died) April 1, 2009 in Port St. Joe, Florida....He had resided in Washington County, Florida for the past 25, years, coming from Buford, South Carolina.

Just noting that puts him in FL about 1984.

Am curious if his death might've been a trigger-event for SB, plus this was around the time of Shannon's birth I think; just wondering out loud. Could there have been another event around the time Paul went missing? There was talk also of possible trigger-events in Somer's thread too, one nearby SO had a GF that passed that week (again IIRC)...

Someone knows what happened to this poor boy, and I hope they start talking soon, for his mom and sister's sake at least.

The obit says:

(died) April 1, 2009 in Port St. Joe, Florida....He had resided in Washington County, Florida for the past 25, years, coming from Buford, South Carolina.

Just noting that puts him in FL about 1984.

Am curious if his death might've been a trigger-event for SB, plus this was around the time of Shannon's birth I think; just wondering out loud. Could there have been another event around the time Paul went missing? There was talk also of possible trigger-events in Somer's thread too, one nearby SO had a GF that passed that week (again IIRC)...

Someone knows what happened to this poor boy, and I hope they start talking soon, for his mom and sister's sake at least.

Very good points re the trigger events. SB was close to her father TS as she was appointed as Sr Health Advisor to TS prior to his re-marriage in 2006. Shannon was born 11 March 2009 and TS died April 01/09 and this gould have been a trigger event starting to brew at that time.

Maybe we can find a trigger event early in 1987 which could have set off SB resulting in Paul going missing.

Here is the pre-nup public record for TS showin SB as the Sr. Health Advisor.

Attachments

• Pre Nupuptial agreement.jpg
    Pre Nupuptial agreement.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 26
I thought the SunShine law only pertained to Florida or can we really get the South Carolina information via the Florida SunShine law because SB now lives in Florida?

Not tying to create a mucky situation just trying to understand. Hopefully Susan Cato is going to come through with the information.

Sorry about that. I should have said Freedom of Information act.

Very good points re the trigger events. SB was close to her father TS as she was appointed as Sr Health Advisor to TS prior to his re-marriage in 2006. Shannon was born 11 March 2009 and TS died April 01/09 and this gould have been a trigger event starting to brew at that time.

Maybe we can find a trigger event early in 1987 which could have set off SB resulting in Paul going missing.

And wasn't SB POA for Shannon's father or grandfather as well? It makes you wonder how much she had control of and her hands in?

Interesting that Nina said - paraphrasing here "maybe Paul was sold". Wish the interview had been longer. Maybe that is SB's MO - sell the babies.

I still don't know how she had planned to keep James from knowing that she had Shannon in the house unless he is totally blind, deaf as well as dumb. What really was her plans with Baby Shannon - the child she loved (being sarcastic here).

And wasn't SB POA for Shannon's father or grandfather as well? It makes you wonder how much she had control of and her hands in?

SB was POA to Shannon's grandfather until he had it revoked. Here is a screen cap of that public record. POA was revoked in 2005.

Me thinks she had her sticky little fingers in many different people's lives - a real busy body.

Attachments

• Revocation of POA re James Dedrick Sr 2005.jpg
    Revocation of POA re James Dedrick Sr 2005.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 23
Interesting that Nina said - paraphrasing here "maybe Paul was sold". Wish the interview had been longer. Maybe that is SB's MO - sell the babies.

I still don't know how she had planned to keep James from knowing that she had Shannon in the house unless he is totally blind, deaf as well as dumb. What really was her plans with Baby Shannon - the child she loved (being sarcastic here).
I found it interesting as well! And than judge JP jumped in and said yes it could be a possibility esp. when looking at that case alongside of the current case.

I wish ANYONE but Geraldo had done this interview! He and Geragos... complete buffoons. I have more professionalism in one epithelial cell than they have in their entire bodies! Why didn't he question her about the abuse, etc? He wasted that opportunity if you ask me.

I too saw Nina on Geraldo and was very disappointed. There were so many questions he could/should have asked and didn't. Five minutes was not nearly long enough and he really only spoke to Nina for about three minutes. Very disappointing but at least Paul's name and story is out there so hopefully he can be found and bring resolution to this case.

Mr TS was not terrible old, he was only 69 when he passed... oddly on March 31 another gentleman, JHH, from Chipley, passed at home, (doing yard work) he had grandchildren and great grandchildren whose last name was the same as TS's mother maiden name....

Also Mr TS was only 18 when SES-B was born....
why did he need a Sr. Health Advisor at age 66?

I found it interesting as well! And than judge JP jumped in and said yes it could be a possibility esp. when looking at that case alongside of the current case.

I wish ANYONE but Geraldo had done this interview! He and Geragos... complete buffoons. I have more professionalism in one epithelial cell than they have in their entire bodies! Why didn't he question her about the abuse, etc? He wasted that opportunity if you ask me.

Yes, it is a possiblitity for sure. Nina at 6 years old would have been not prime for selling but Paul at just over 3 years would be prime. And baby Shannon wouldn't remember a dammed thing.

Waterboarding sounds like a good option right about now to get some facts in Paul's disappearance I'd say.

A Caroline D. from Chipley bought some land from J.Shirley in 2001, then CD sold the land to JRDedrick Jr. in 2002, then CD died in 2003. The land was located in Holmes, Florida.

Caroline D. was the wife of J.R. Dedrick Sr, and would have been the paternal grandmother of baby Shannon.

This seems to be the only connection that I can find so far between SB and the Dedrick's and it is through brother JS from Bonifay Bay.

Now how did SB become the POA of JR Dedrick Sr - this is baffling and why is everybody saying that SB is the aunt of Shannon - what am I missing - I just don't see it.

Wait, if Caroline was Susan's mother would that make her half sister to JRDedrick Jr and also would be an aunt to Shannon wouldn't it?

Wonder if T. Shirley was married to a person named Caroline in SC and that would be SB's mother. Maybe there was a divorce in SC between SB's parents that could be a trigger event leading up to Paul's disappearance and the severe beatings that Nina allegedely took at the hands of one SB.

Attachments

• Property deed in Chipley.jpg
    Property deed in Chipley.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 10
  • Shirley to McKnight to Dedrick.jpg
    Shirley to McKnight to Dedrick.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 8
We have this obit posted in Shannon's thread, don't remember exactly which one. I want to point out that the brother with the same last S name, is her HALF brother. To me, that means SB has another name also. So, SB was born with one name, when her mom married the step-dad it appears she took a second name and then she married Baker for a third name. Make sense? Heck, she could have more names - but these 3 appear to be tracable.

There should be marriage records for Mr. S, that recently passed away and also for SB & JB - in South Carolina. I won't have time for any real searching until tomorrow.

I have weekend guests and they think I am anti-social :) as it is.

Salem
Mr TS was only 18 when she was born, maybe her mother and TS weren't married or they divorced. Her half bro said he had known her for forty years, making her 10.

Also with all these POA she claimed to be a PARA LEAGAL....

wasn't she a step relative to Shannon's family?

The obituary for SB's father says TS Sr. - now when I read the obituary, there is no mention of survived by TS Jr. and no mention of a TS Jr. in the obituary. It did strike me as odd that there was no mention.

Is the United States Marine Corp different than the United States Navy? Looks like Sr. was discharged from the US Navy in 1995 and looks like Jr. was discharged from the US Marine Corps in 1992.

Oddity: TS Jr. is not mentioned in the obit. Usually if you have a namesake that person is listed in the obit and TS Jr is not.

Screen caps of the public records:

Attachments

• Military Discharges.jpg
    Military Discharges.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 23
Mr TS was only 18 when she was born, maybe her mother and TS weren't married or they divorced. Her half bro said he had known her for forty years, making her 10.

Also with all these POA she claimed to be a PARA LEAGAL....

wasn't she a step relative to Shannon's family?

Ha .. ha .. ha .. thanks for reminding me about the para eagle!!

SB was a step relative to Shannon on Shannon's father's side - at least this is what has been rumoured/reported.

SB is a half sister to James and a half sister to JRDedrick Jr.... so I think the only connection that it could possibly be is that JRDedrick Jr and SB had the same biological mother .... I am terrible with familial connections though but I think logically this is the only way it would work so that she could be half sister to both James and JRDedrick Jr.

I don't know ... this hurts my head.

A Caroline D. from Chipley bought some land from J.Shirley in 2001, then CD sold the land to JRDedrick Jr. in 2002, then CD died in 2003. The land was located in Holmes, Florida.

Caroline D. was the wife of J.R. Dedrick Sr, and would have been the paternal grandmother of baby Shannon.

This seems to be the only connection that I can find so far between SB and the Dedrick's and it is through brother JS from Bonifay Bay.

Now how did SB become the POA of JR Dedrick Sr - this is baffling and why is everybody saying that SB is the aunt of Shannon - what am I missing - I just don't see it.

Wait, if Caroline was Susan's mother would that would make her half sister to JRDedrick Jr and also would be an aunt to Shannon wouldn't it?

Wonder if T. Shirley was married to a person named Caroline in SC and that would be SB's mother. Maybe there was a divorce in SC between SB's parents that could be a trigger event leading up to Paul's disappearance and the severe beatings that Nina allegedely took at the hands of one SB.

Tillman Lee Shirley, Sr. and Caroline Marlene Shirley divorced on 6/16/1978
Hillsborough County, Florida
http://pubrec3.hillsclerk.com/oncore/Search.aspx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member