SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what broke my heart from that link.

After being released from the ICU at MUSC months after the accident, Hakeem was placed into Pruitt Health North Augusta, a long-term care facility at which he was making strides to regain some function. His mother noted that six months before passing away, he was conscious, could communicate and could breath on his own for short periods of time.

There was hope for Hakeem until the ventilator was unplugged mind you not turned off. I’m surprized AM didn’t file lawsuit over that.

Jmo

Absolutely gut wrenching. I couldn’t even imagine how Hakeem must’ve felt in those moments and how his mother must feel. Just horrendous. I would not be surprised at all if it was done intentionally.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article257691718.html

Mallory Beach’s mom, boat crash survivors file $65M in claims against Murdaugh estates
Moselle’s assumed current value (according to JMM and his attorney) is only about $950,000. I have no idea what the value of Edisto home is or all AM’s undeveloped islands, but seems there is going to be a huge gap between those properties and $65M! OMO.

Maybe they are counting on some presumed off-shore accounts. :rolleyes:

Don’t get me wrong, I think everyone who has been wronged should sue AM and his co-conspirators in this web of horrific crimes for every nickel they’ve got.

Last edited:
Alex Murdaugh's late wife Maggie left behind all her property to her father-in-law but following Randolph Murdaugh's death, all of her assets go to Alex Murdaugh.

New details revealed surrounding Maggie Murdaugh's will

Don’t know why but I thought the name change was to the brother, it’s the Dad that was made executor who died 3 days later.

Guess that puts her property holdings in the Murdaugh trust.

Jmo

Eta Too early, he was just to execute the will. Still seems silly that it was put in the name of an older person who had been sick and retired 2006.

Jmo

Last edited:
Alex Murdaugh's late wife Maggie left behind all her property to her father-in-law but following Randolph Murdaugh's death, all of her assets go to Alex Murdaugh.

Don’t know why but I thought the name change was to the brother, it’s the Dad that was made executor who died 3 days later.

Jmo

Eta Too early, he was just to execute the will. Still seems silly that it was put in the name of an older person who had been sick and retired 2006.

Jmo

I read your post and thought it so odd she would leave her property to her father in law (not her kids, siblings, etc..). Then to open the link and read this is really head scratching:

Excerpt:

The document, signed in 2005, listed Maggie's sister as the executor of her estate but her name was crossed out. Handwritten above it, the name of her father-in-law, Randolph Murdaugh, who died of natural causes back in June.

I read your post and thought it so odd she would leave her property to her father in law (not her kids, siblings, etc..). Then to open the link and read this is really head scratching:

Excerpt:

The document, signed in 2005, listed Maggie's sister as the executor of her estate but her name was crossed out. Handwritten above it, the name of her father-in-law, Randolph Murdaugh, who died of natural causes back in June.
IANAL, but aren’t handwritten modifications to a signed typewritten contract null and void unless signed by both parties? Maybe I’ve watched too many episodes of Judge Judy. :p

These are Lawyers, Notarized at least, No?

Did she have these documents drawn up with an outside attorney or with one of the Murdaughs? IANAL either, so I would be curious about some sort of conflict of interest if this was scratched out and hand written through the use of a party that would benefit from the modification.

To be honest I feel like ppl can leave what they have to anyone they want, i would expect and spouse to leave what they have to the other spouse, but when it comes out that paperwork/Will has had changes made that don’t seem to be on the up&up/legal then I have questions.

Jmo

Did she have these documents drawn up with an outside attorney or with one of the Murdaughs? IANAL either, so I would be curious about some sort of conflict of interest if this was scratched out and hand written through the use of a party that would benefit from the modification.

I have to think her will was done through the Murdaugh firm or one of the other Murdaughs.

Where did this original of her will reside, and who had access to it?

I cannot fathom how a hand-drawn line and handwritten name in the Most Significant Information of the will would be acceptable by a court. It takes nothing to re-type it and have proper notary and authorizations signatures.

I wonder if her sister has grounds to contest the will, especially under all these horribly unethical and outright fraudulent and felonious things we are learning about AM and his associates.

IMHO.

I have to think her will was done through the Murdaugh firm or one of the other Murdaughs.

Where did this original of her will reside, and who had access to it?

I cannot fathom how a hand-drawn line and handwritten name in the Most Significant Information of the will would be acceptable by a court. It takes nothing to re-type it and have proper notary and authorizations signatures.

I wonder if her sister has grounds to contest the will, especially under all these horribly unethical and outright fraudulent and felonious things we are learning about AM and his associates.

IMHO.
Her sister is quoted in one of the many articles linked here indicating she didn't mind that her name was removed. She said something to the effect that the families have no animosity, and she did not intend to seek the role of executor of MM's estate. I'll add a JMO since I'm not going to hunt down the article.

Well the bottom line in any will, whether done through a lawyer or written on a cocktail napkin, everything is fine until it is challenged or contested. If no one comes forward to contest Maggie's will, it doesn't mean a thing. As far as I remember, Maggie's sister did not learn she was even listed as pr/executor until all this came out and she was surprised. Maggie's family seems well off and not money hungry and may not even care. But someone will probably step up now that it looks like Alex is getting everything and trying to hide it from those suing him.

Jmo

Jmo
This seems in direct conflict to what was originally reported — that MM left everything to Alex, and that she changed her nomination for executor from her sister to Alex’s father by crossing out her sister and hand writing Randolph Murdaugh.

Could this writer be confused and this report in an error?

This seems in direct conflict to what was originally reported — that MM left everything to Alex, and that she changed her nomination for executor from her sister to Alex’s father by crossing out her sister and hand writing Randolph Murdaugh.

Could this writer be confused and this report in an error?

No writer not confused, elley mae was confused, I thought it was AM’s brother, Randolph that was made executor not AM’s father.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member