SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that AM thinks he is invincible. He has been getting by on his charm and BS/lies for so long. Bless his heart, it's gong to take a few minutes for him to realize he is no longer the revered member of society he pretended to be all his life. He's probably wishing he had tried harder on the side of the road that day.
Bless his heart, it's gong to take a few minutes for him to realize he is no longer the revered member of society he pretended to be all his life. He's probably wishing he had tried harder on the side of the road that day. [BBM]

:):) @NervousNellie gets POST OF THE DAY!! :):) [IMHO]

ADDED:
. . . Well, until we got #569 from @MerryB -
:eek:o_O People magazine scoop!o_O:eek:

(“Bless his heart” is second best and much appreciated!)

Last edited:
Hold on to your horses, y’all. People magazine just dropped some bombshells in their Aug 1 issue (I’m a subscriber so you get a sneak peek):

Bombshells!

Maggie had consulted a divorce attorney and was looking forward to “life without Alex.”

Her divorce lawyer “surely would discover [Alex’s] crimes while digging through the couple’s accounts. She knew Alex was a liar.”

She had moved to Edisto in February 2021.

Alex would not tell her what hospital his father was at and insisted she meet him first at Moselle.

“According to a law enforcement source who shared with people all the details from the investigators working theory of what happened that night, when Maggie arrived, Alex had one of his AR style rifles at the ready.”

Alex didn’t know Paul would be there, checking on a dog he was boarding for a friend.

As Paul took a video of the friend’s dog, he could hear a tense argument between his parents outside. Police found audio of the fighting captured in a video on Paul’s phone, which was discovered under his body.

Blood spatter matching Maggie’s DNA was found on Alex’s laundered shirt.

Seems someone wants to leak more details before Poot gets his gag order and/or his way with having the courts investigating leaks.

I think if all this is correct, the murders took place shortly after Paul and Maggie arrived at Moselle, around 7 PM.
Why did the coroner say after 9 PM? Was it based on what Alex told them?
IMO..it could not have been based just on what AM told them…because his ‘story‘ was that he had just returned home…so he would have had no idea when they were killed..according to that alibi.

But i cannot see MM arriving at Moselle at 9pm…with more driving to the hospital yet to do…to visit a dying man that late at noght.

MOO

Hold on to your horses, y’all. People magazine just dropped some bombshells in their Aug 1 issue (I’m a subscriber so you get a sneak peek):

Bombshells!

Maggie had consulted a divorce attorney and was looking forward to “life without Alex.”

Her divorce lawyer “surely would discover [Alex’s] crimes while digging through the couple’s accounts. She knew Alex was a liar.”

Alex would not tell her what hospital his father was at and insisted she meet him first at Moselle.

“According to a law enforcement source who shared with people all the details from the investigators working theory of what happened that night, when Maggie arrived, Alex had one of his AR style rifles at the ready.”

Alex didn’t know Paul would be there, checking on a dog he was boarding for a friend.

As Paul took a video of the friend’s dog, he could hear a tense argument between his parents outside. Police found audio of the fighting captured in a video on Paul’s phone, which was discovered under his body.

BBM
Well that answers a lot of question for me. Stupid is as stupid does. Did he really think he could just wash the clothes and all blood residue would be gone??
He's done so many this backwards and careless...

Bombshells!

Wouldn't tell her which hospital.
Hmmm.....
Must have found text messages between him and her and/or MM and her friend.

"Murdaugh’s brother soon confirmed to the Post and Courier that officers visited him for 30 minutes to prepare him for the criminal charges over the shocking double slaying in June last year.

He stressed that officers made no mention of suspects other than his brother..."
"However, agents did not let on to what evidence it had when briefing the family Tuesday, John Marvin Murdaugh told The Post and Courier.

“The entire family has been consistent that regardless of what goes on, we want the truth,” the sibling said Tuesday."

The quote references the entire family. How much family is left besides AM's surviving son and his brother, JM? Parents or additional siblings? TIA

@Betty P

BBM

Lots of leaks from LE in this case. So different than the R Murders. Remember we discussed the fact that there were absolutely no leaks by anyone involved in that case.

Raize

JMO

Yes, very interesting. Seems like some of LE in Colleton County have had enough of AM.

Wow

"Paul, 22, was shot twice with a shotgun – once in the head and once in the chest. Maggie had been shot multiple times with an assault rifle. Their gunshot wounds were believed to be consistent with 'execution-style' killings, reports said.

According to several sources, Paul's body was found partially inside one of the kennels, while his mother's was several feet away, leading investigators to believe that she ran from her killer before being gunned down.

At least two of her gunshot wounds were believed to have been inflicted while she was on the ground."

I would think that LE would extend the same courtesy to MM's family, her sister and parents. Perhaps, especially to them. MOO MOO MOO
I was wondering how much family AM has left is all.

From Maggie’s obit.
“Maggie is survived by her loving husband Richard Alexander Murdaugh (Alex),
her oldest son Richard Alexander Murdaugh Jr. (Buster),
her dear sister, Marian Branstetter Proctor (Bart),
her parents Kennedy Hubbard Branstetter and Terry Lee Branstetter,
her brothers-in-law, Randolph Murdaugh IV (Christy),
John Marvin Murdaugh (Liz),
her sister-in-law, Lynn Murdaugh Goette (Allen),
and her many nieces and nephews (Libby, Hannah, Kennedy, Mills, Trey, Reeves, Mary Elizabeth, Caroline, Mary Marvin, Liza Grace and Randolph).”

The loving husband part is hard to read.
I find th first sentence deeply upsetting- “Margaret “Maggie” Kennedy Branstetter Murdaugh, 52, entered into eternal rest with her son Paul Terry Murdaugh the evening of Monday, June 7, 2021.”

Last edited:
As far as I know, AM has two brothers and a sister...plus their spouses. It would appear, from the jailhouse tapes that he is close to one sister-in-law. There are numerous cousins that appear to be around Buster’s age.
AM’s mother is still alive but has cognitive issues.
MM‘s parents seem IMO to be very close to her children. There us a sister and brother-in-law, and three adult daughters.
All IMO..correct as necessary.

So PM was recording by the kennels And murdered halfway in one of them? Where was this argument? Feet away? At the house? Near the big barn? Obviously PM’s phone was in his hand when he was shot. Not in his pocket. Did he just never see it coming? I believe he wouldn’t be standing around the kennels if his mother had just been murdered. I feel PM was killed first and then the fleeing MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLWho