SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
AM had two longtime law school friends (Chris Wilson & Corey Fleming) that probably knew him better than most-- where AM's lies would have to include bigger chunks of truth sprinkled in with the manipulation to be convincing.

I'm not thinking that PM was collateral damage here-- I think he was a target just like his mother, MM, because both were going to cost AM huge checks that he could not write.

Admittedly, I was surprised to read that AM actually blamed PM and the wrongful death suit by the estate of Mallory Beech as the reason why PMPED allegedly approved for Chris Wilson to bypass the firm on at least $800K in proceeds and pay the fees directly to AM.

And when PMPED caught up with AM on this fraud involving Wilson, AM tried to repay the firm but after he could only come up with $600K, Wilson had to cover the $200K shortfall.

Reportedly, Wilson brought the scheme to the attention of law enforcement. MOO

11/29/21 Former friend, colleague of Alex Murdaugh breaks silence following indictment

12/5/21

Gunshot spatter - includes both forward spatter from the exit wound and back spatter from the entrance wound. Gunshot spatter will vary depending on the caliber of the gun, where the victim is struck, whether the bullet exits the body, distance between the victim and the gun and location of the victim relative to walls, floors and objects. Typically, forward spatter is a fine mist and back spatter is larger and fewer drops.

“High velocity” A bloodstain pattern resulting from an object impacting a blood source at 100 feet per second or greater. A typical example is
spatter resulting from a gunshot.

“Medium velocity” A bloodstain pattern resulting from an object impacting a blood source at roughly 25 feet per second. A typical example is spatter
resulting from the impact of a blunt instrument swung by hand.

“Dripped/splashed “ A bloodstain pattern resulting from the impact either of blood droplets dripping by gravity, or resulting from a volume of blood that falls or spills onto a surface. A typical example is spatter
resulting from blood drops dripping into a pool of blood.

“Cast-off” A bloodstain pattern resulting from blood drops released from an object or limb while in motion. A typical example is spatter resulting from drops being “flung” of a bloody object or weapon such as a crowbar.

Thanks for the links @Elley Mae! My own research seems to indicate that experts run about 50/50 on whether or not HVIS is junk science or not.

I sure hope the Colleton County Prosecutor has already secured a group of qualified expert witnesses on this subject to select from, and who can keep the attention of the jurors. MOO

The Purchase

Murdaugh first wired $147,000 from Palmetto State Bank to Southeastern Bank in Darien, Georgia, on behalf of John Martin of Martin’s Funeral Home in Estill, South Carolina.

According to the funeral home’s website, Martin’s also has a Brunswick location at the same address as the funeral home that Murdaugh purchased in 2020.

The wire request was signed off on by Russell Laffitte, the former CEO of Palmetto State Bank who is currently under investigation for his apparent role in Murdaugh’s alleged schemes.

Also of interest: A note at the bottom says “OK per Blanca.”

Who is Blanca?

In recorded jailhouse calls obtained earlier this year by FITSNews under the Freedom of Information Act, Murdaugh referred to a “Blanca” in a Nov. 30, 2021, conversation with his surviving son, Buster.

Alex, who appeared to be wheeling and dealing from behind bars, continued to press a hesitant Buster to “call Blanca.”

At the time, sources told FITSNews that “Blanca” was the name of Maggie’s housekeeper at the Edisto house where she was staying by herself before she and her son were murdered in June 2021.

Since then, though, FITSNews has learned of a Palmetto State Bank employee named Blanca Carillo.

It is unclear what her connection is to Murdaugh beyond the bank and whether she is the “Blanca” referred to in the phone call.

In an email on Jan. 7, 2020, Carillo wrote, “I did talk to Russell and verify the amount $147,000 and debit the account (redacted) per Alex Murdaugh.”

Found the link that I remembered seeing.

Jmo

The thing you have to be mindful of with FITS News as a source is that they often report things as fact which are later disproved, and never issue a retraction or correction. The confusion with Blanca is a good example. They did not do adequate verification, reported it was the same person, and when it was verified that the customer service rep at the bank is not the same woman as Maggie’s maid who is mentioned in regards to handling Maggie’s belongings and packing up Edisto, they did nothing to correct that. That’s just one example.
Also, FITS offers very biased coverage. Three of their main sources are attorneys for plaintiffs in the boat crash (Tinsley) and the financial settlement thefts (Bland) (Bamburg), one of which is a main advertiser on their site.
Obviously they’ve had a lot of “exclusives” regarding this case and I understand why so many follow them, but it’s just a good reminder to keep in mind.
MOO

The Purchase

Murdaugh first wired $147,000 from Palmetto State Bank to Southeastern Bank in Darien, Georgia, on behalf of John Martin of Martin’s Funeral Home in Estill, South Carolina.

According to the funeral home’s website, Martin’s also has a Brunswick location at the same address as the funeral home that Murdaugh purchased in 2020.

The wire request was signed off on by Russell Laffitte, the former CEO of Palmetto State Bank who is currently under investigation for his apparent role in Murdaugh’s alleged schemes.

Who is Blanca?

In recorded jailhouse calls obtained earlier this year by FITSNews under the Freedom of Information Act, Murdaugh referred to a “Blanca” in a Nov. 30, 2021, conversation with his surviving son, Buster.

Alex, who appeared to be wheeling and dealing from behind bars, continued to press a hesitant Buster to “call Blanca.”

At the time, sources told FITSNews that “Blanca” was the name of Maggie’s housekeeper at the Edisto house where she was staying by herself before she and her son were murdered in June 2021.

Since then, though, FITSNews has learned of a Palmetto State Bank employee named Blanca Carillo.

It is unclear what her connection is to Murdaugh beyond the bank and whether she is the “Blanca” referred to in the phone call.

In an email on Jan. 7, 2020, Carillo wrote, “I did talk to Russell and verify the amount $147,000 and debit the account (redacted) per Alex Murdaugh.”

Jmo
BBM
In January 2020, disgraced Hampton County attorney Alex Murdaugh wired more than $110,000 from his checking account to “personally fund the purchase” of a funeral home, a hearse, a limo and three properties under foreclosure in Brunswick, Georgia, according to court records.

It is unclear whether this acquisition of Hall Jones and Brown Funeral Home and its accoutrement were part of Murdaugh’s growing list of alleged financial schemes.

But a funeral home is an interesting choice for a personal injury attorney — particularly one who has been sitting in jail since October 2021 and is facing 75 charges for stealing more than $9 million from clients.

Two take aways here from this article. One very cynical and somewhat insensitive, for which I apologize.

1. As many people who are dropping dead around AM maybe he needed his own funeral home to cut down on costs of funerals.

2. A funeral home would be a great way to transport huge quantities of drugs all over the USA.

I say this because I had a cousin who died in LA. and his wife had to pay to have him flown back home. She had to buy the casket from the LA. funeral home. The funeral home in LA. put him in the casket then enclosed the casket in a pine box labeled "CAUTION: HUMAN REMAINS" "DO NOT OPEN". They then loaded the box in the cargo hold of a plane to fly him home.

Just thinking, if you own a funeral home you could load a casket full of drugs and do the same thing. Not many people would want to disrespect the dead by opening a casket to see what is inside before loading it on the cargo hold of a plane. Also I read somewhere, don't remember where, that drug dealers use black pepper to throw off the noses of drug dogs.

Just sayin'

JMO

BBM
In January 2020, disgraced Hampton County attorney Alex Murdaugh wired more than $110,000 from his checking account to “personally fund the purchase” of a funeral home, a hearse, a limo and three properties under foreclosure in Brunswick, Georgia, according to court records.

It is unclear whether this acquisition of Hall Jones and Brown Funeral Home and its accoutrement were part of Murdaugh’s growing list of alleged financial schemes.

But a funeral home is an interesting choice for a personal injury attorney — particularly one who has been sitting in jail since October 2021 and is facing 75 charges for stealing more than $9 million from clients.

Two take aways here from this article. One very cynical and somewhat insensitive, for which I apologize.

1. As many people who are dropping dead around AM maybe he needed his own funeral home to cut down on costs of funerals.

2. A funeral home would be a great way to transport huge quantities of drugs all over the USA.

I say this because I had a cousin who died in LA. and his wife had to pay to have him flown back home. She had to buy the casket from the LA. funeral home. The funeral home in LA. put him in the casket then enclosed the casket in a pine box labeled "CAUTION: HUMAN REMAINS" "DO NOT OPEN". They then loaded the box in the cargo hold of a plane to fly him home.

Just thinking, if you own a funeral home you could load a casket full of drugs and do the same thing. Not many people would want to disrespect the dead by opening a casket to see what is inside before loading it on the cargo hold of a plane. Also I read somewhere, don't remember where, that drug dealers use black pepper to throw off the noses of drug dogs.

Just sayin'

JMO

I did courier work a bit back, went to southwest cargo to pick up package to be delivered. While there waiting a couple came in all dressed in black, hearse was at the dock, the casket went through a ex ray machine on a conveyor belt. So not sure that all airports have those.

Jmo

The Purchase

Who is Blanca?

Jmo
I really feel for BM. He sounded like he was struggling to even talk to AM. You could hear so much hesitation and irritation in his voice. And he clearly did not want to tell AM "I love you." At one point he cut AM off after AM told him I love you to keep from having to say it back. Then when he finally did say it, you could just hear the resentment from being forced into telling AM he loved him. So hard for that poor kid, what he has went through.

JMO

The thing you have to be mindful of with FITS News as a source is that they often report things as fact which are later disproved, and never issue a retraction or correction. The confusion with Blanca is a good example. They did not do adequate verification, reported it was the same person, and when it was verified that the customer service rep at the bank is not the same woman as Maggie’s maid who is mentioned in regards to handling Maggie’s belongings and packing up Edisto, they did nothing to correct that. That’s just one example.
Also, FITS offers very biased coverage. Three of their main sources are attorneys for plaintiffs in the boat crash (Tinsley) and the financial settlement thefts (Bland) (Bamburg), one of which is a main advertiser on their site.
Obviously they’ve had a lot of “exclusives” regarding this case and I understand why so many follow them, but it’s just a good reminder to keep in mind.
MOO

Reading that article its about Blanca at the bank, I have not seen anything about Blanca housekeeper.
I suggested they could be one in the same because of the name.

Jmo

Last edited:
Wow!
Your post sent me digging.

This article blew me away.

MOO
You may very well be right.
:0)
But where would we be without them?

The answer of MM knowing about PM being present at Moselle is important. MM knew. TY. Also, it seems that PM dined with his uncle, in Okatie then left for Moselle at 6pm.

It was raining and sunset that day was at 8:30pm. MSM all but says AM was lying in wait to execute MM but they call it having his rifle 'at the ready'. Was AM at the shed with the red roof waiting for MM to arrive? She keeps her car door open and engine running in the rain? while she runs in the rain to the shed?

View attachment 356606

At the kennels, PM took a video of friend's dog. His parents could be heard in the audio that was found on Paul's phone. So, AM and MM were close enough to the dog kennel for Paul's phone to record their voices. It's 9 - 9:30pm.

In this location, Alex had MM far enough away from the safety of her car. He shoots PM. Shoots him again in the head this time. MM was found 14-20' away from PM. Maybe she was running away from her husband towards her car when he shot her.

These murders were methodical and diabolical. He always intended to kill them both that night and so he did. That opinion contradicts People mag's theory that AM was surprised PM was at Moselle and so Oops, Paul, you gotta go bc you caught me here killing your mother... No. PM was always going to die, too.

JMHOO
‎The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence: 68: What Happened The Night of The Murders on Apple Podcasts
I agree that PM’s murder was likely not “wrong place, wrong time.” I dont believe it was a crime of passion in the moment. All of this took planning by someone devoid of a conscience.

In the “bond hearing” that turned in a hearing on a possible gag order, the prosecutor said the “background and motive” in the murders is related to the financial crimes (around 11m30s in linked video).

AM did unethical crimes against his clients then killed his own wife and child to somehow cover it up. Diabolical indeed IMO.

You may very well be right.
:0)
But where would we be without them?
Fits and crew have been instrumental in bringing light to this case. I don’t disagree with quoted post that they seem skeptical about everything AM touched, but it honestly seems warranted at this point. I believe some of them have been have been following and reporting on it since MB went was missing from the boat crash. I’m sure they’re invested in way few of us can really understand as they’ve watched it unfold from the beginning. Crime after crime has been uncovered. Their work has played a part in that so I feel like I have some grace if they make some minor errors.

I listen to both podcasts listed on this thread and find a good balance in their different approaches. JMHOO

“A lot of the financial material provides motive and background,” Waters told the judge.

Waters said prosecutors will be turning over to the defense all the evidence gathered in the state grand jury’s monthslong investigation of not just the murders of Paul and Maggie, but also information from the probe of Murdaugh’s many alleged fraudulent financial dealings.

Columbia attorney Joe McCulloch, who is suing Murdaugh in an unrelated 2019 boat crash case involving an injury to his client, told reporters outside the courthouse that he wasn’t sure what county the case could be located in given everyone knows about it.

Last paragraph is new to me.

Fits and crew have been instrumental in bringing light to this case. I don’t disagree with quoted post that they seem skeptical about everything AM touched, but it honestly seems warranted at this point. I believe some of them have been have been following and reporting on it since MB went was missing from the boat crash. I’m sure they’re invested in way few of us can really understand as they’ve watched it unfold from the beginning. Crime after crime has been uncovered. Their work has played a part in that so I feel like I have some grace if they make some minor errors.

I listen to both podcasts listed on this thread and find a good balance in their different approaches. JMHOO
I agree, I’m just suggesting some of the reporting not be taken as Gospel. Read other sources, come to conclusions yourself. Remember FITS was not an approved source here until Nancy Grace cited them. It’s not exactly NPR. MOO

I agree, I’m just suggesting some of the reporting not be taken as Gospel. Read other sources, come to conclusions yourself. Remember FITS was not an approved source here until Nancy Grace cited them. It’s not exactly NPR. MOO

I am one to go to the location of the crime. On this case I go to fits/ counton2,live5, bluffton news, greenville news, postcourier.

I stay away from the national alphabet networks.

Jmo

If we're to believe the reporting thus far, it appears that Maggie may have been attempting to flee when she was shot. Alex likely produced the gun and she realized what was about to happen.

Paul's injuries definitely sound like he was basically staring down the barrel of his dad's shotgun (chest and head wounds).

Doesn't get more cold blooded.
Also, one of the bullets passed through his arm first. I picture his arm raised to protect his head. IMO, absolutely he knew what was about to happen and who was holding the gun. I hope his phone was still recording video.

Also, one of the bullets passed through his arm first. I picture his arm raised to protect his head. IMO, absolutely he knew what was about to happen and who was holding the gun. I hope his phone was still recording video.
I'm trying to understand the use/carrying of two long guns by one person if MM and PM were shot in quick succession. Maybe one gun was hidden very close. It would all need to be done very quickly to avoid someone successfully fleeing/making a 911 call. JMO.

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand the use/carrying of two long guns by one person if MM and PM were shot in quick succession. JMO.

Just a thought, if Maggie was shot in the back and drug back the see the carnage (PM) dead then I would think maybe he was shot first.

Jmo

It’s so confusing with minute details at every stage of the murders.

Jmo

Link to my statement in previous post.

“She is the victim, having lost her son, being part of the slaughter at the farm, and [having] her world turned upside down,” one woman who claimed to know Maggie told The Post. “Have [people] ever thought of the terror she faced that night being dragged through the dark to the dog kennels to see the carnage?”

ETA

I asked myself if PM was shot first and AM did say what I and some others say they heard, what was AM referring to about Him getting involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member