SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were one of the most well known
men in the county with ties to all forms of LE, would you allow the murders of your beloved wife and son go unsolved?!

He was there, he saw what LE has to work with.

Their cell phones, Paul’s apartment, vehicles.

I would think if He had an enemy he would know more then LE.
Jmo

If it was targeted AM could have been 3. Yet he was left to find them and live. Message or warning?

Members have been asked before to please post in the appropriate thread. This is NOT the Mallory Beach boating accident thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is to discuss the murders of Maggie and Paul which is separate from the Mallory Beach incident and/or the Stephen Smith incident. Please keep the focus on this case without bringing in all the specifics and details of separate cases.

While there can be a smidge of reference, details/documents/discussion should remain confined to the thread that is specifically dedicated to the individual case.

These types of overlap can be very difficult and time-consuming for moderation. Please just put more thought into which case you are discussing and which thread you are posting in.

Thank you.

My guess is that the moment was right.

I think there were many people, including those in the legal system, that were unhappy with the M family, fairly or not. These murders have opened a can of worms and this is the perfect time to allow the large audience, looking in, to understand their point of view.

I was once close to a case that received international attention. The defense attorneys were battling a biased media and a corrupt DA. So they began making filings in NC (an open file state) that included actual witness statements, as we saw yesterday. Then blogs and (the few) friendly media could link to actual documents, as we saw yesterday. Thank God, the public became aware of what they did not know and what was massaged to look a different way. They came to understand what was being withheld from them as well…to fit a narrative.

The SS case is getting another look. Those that feel that the way the MB investigation was a travesty, have now put actual witness statements into the public domain.

You read. You decide.

If this were your daughter lying dead in the weeds, would you feel that the investigation was fair to her?

In my opinion, prior to these murders, there may have been fear to come forward. There may have been a sense of helplessness.

But in my opinion, all that is coming out now, has caused a sea change. That’s why this attorney moved now. If nothing else, if he never files, he has gotten actual witness statements out into the public domain. We each can decide from there.

My opinions and uninformed guesses only as always.
I'm wondering if SLED is looking at CC for the murders of AM's son and wife. May be CC thinks since they've tried that tactic before on the boat accident perhaps they're going to try it again on these murders.

My point was that if CC feels LE tried to make it sound as if he was the one driving the boat on the night of that crash, then perhaps CC fears LE may try to frame him for PM's murder. Just opining on why he has hired lawyers now and deposing the LE officers on duty the night of the crash.
It sounds as though some of LE from the boat crash are now working for SLED. I think I would be afraid too and I'd want to out some of these LE officers to show they can't be trusted to tell the truth.

My point was that if CC feels LE tried to make it sound as if he was the one driving the boat on the night of that crash, then perhaps CC fears LE may try to frame him for PM's murder. Just opining on why he has hired lawyers now and deposing the LE officers on duty the night of the crash.
It sounds as though some of LE from the boat crash are now working for SLED. I think I would be afraid too and I'd want to out some of these LE officers to show they can't be trusted to tell the truth.

I’m 100% agreed. He has good reason to be defensive if he had nothing to do with this.

BBM
It sounds and looks to me like a preemptive strike on CC's part. If CC fears LE may attempt to frame him for PM's murder, then this is a perfect maneuver. (I feel that is the case.)

Murdaugh murder case: Documents allege conspiracy in fatal boat crash

Members have been asked before to please post in the appropriate thread. This is NOT the Mallory Beach boating accident thread.

<modsnip>

Since there is a possible connection between the recent murders and the boating incident (at the least with involved parties), how do we decide in which thread to post ?

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

Since there is a possible connection between the recent murders and the boating incident (at the least with involved parties), how do we decide in which thread to post ?

I wondered that too since the other case has been suggested as a possible motive for these murders. It’s a clear connection.

Law enforcement, including the F.B.I., say that "The crime scene is a witness. It tells a story."

Throughout that first night, SLED would have known whether the shots were close up or from a distance. They would know the type of weapons from the casings found there.

They would have known early on in the investigation what the "story of the crime scene" informed them.

Perhaps it was what A.M. said during the 911 call that SLED wants undisclosed because they believe it's integral to the investigation.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

I wondered that too since the other case has been suggested as a possible motive for these murders. It’s a clear connection.

I’m confused about the parameters as well. <modsnip>

But if corruption is being charged in a case, and covered in approved media are we not allowed to discuss it? It would be helpful if the Mods would give us more guidelines in this very unusual case.

It's difficult to discuss this case without bringing in other cases that may be linked to it. If the Murdaugh family has other MSM related to them involving other unresolved criminal cases in which one or more of their family members may be involved and which may be connected to this case as a motive for these murders, then it becomes even more difficult to determine the lines of separation.

Having said that, I want to thank Websleuths and the mods for the wonderful job they do here. I have visited other locations where the rules are slack and anything goes. It's horrible to watch those discussions, which often disrespect the victims and their loved ones. I appreciate the moderators at Websleuths and I know they work tirelessly to help us.

<modnsip>

As you say, it is a 'possible' connection, so not known fact. It's fine to make mild reference to it as, i.e. 'the boating incident', but details of the boating case should be confined to the thread dedicated to that discussion because at this point they are two separate cases. It's okay to make mild reference in one case thread to the other case, but not discuss the details and have the thread dominated by any particular 'possibility' when the facts of the case are still largely unknown.

Preview your post. If it's mostly details about the boating incident, that's where it goes. If it's mostly about these murders, it goes here.If members want to indicate the boating incident/court case is motive for the murders, that's fine to say succinctly, but the details of the incident itself are still more appropriate in the boating thread.

Members do this all the time in various threads (i.e. Delphi thread overlaps with Etter thread and Chadwell thread) so this situation isn't really all that different.

We just ask that everyone please do their very best to post in what they think is the appropriate thread so our very few Moderators don't have to do all the work.

Last edited:
I’m confused about the parameters as well. <modsnip>

But if corruption is being charged in a case, and covered in approved media are we not allowed to discuss it? It would be helpful if the Mods would give us more guidelines in this very unusual case.

Mod Response:
Thank you for seeking clarification. Statements made in MSM directly related to this case can be discussed. The sleuthing of individuals would still be off the table unless they are named POI’s. The fine line is lumping all Law Enforcement together. As we know there are instances in any profession where someone is less than upstanding, some that make down right illegal choices in their professions. However, we can’t make blanket statements of negative intentions by law enforcement as a whole.

I hope that helps with the guidelines.

Thanks Again,
Tiff

Last edited:
"The prosecutor, Duffie Stone, had worked under the last Murdaugh prosecutor and took over the office in 2006. He said in a statement this week that, to his knowledge, “there is no clear suspect” in the case and he suggested that he would not make a decision about recusing himself until there was one."

"No clear suspect", so does that mean there's a not so clear suspect within the evidence? After gathering prosecutable evidence on he/she, then if it's a Murdaugh Stone will recused himself?

It's all lawyer speak to me.

A Mother and Son Are Found Murdered, Deepening a Mystery in South Carolina

"The prosecutor, Duffie Stone, had worked under the last Murdaugh prosecutor and took over the office in 2006. He said in a statement this week that, to his knowledge, “there is no clear suspect” in the case and he suggested that he would not make a decision about recusing himself until there was one."

"No clear suspect", so does that mean there's a not so clear suspect within the evidence? After gathering prosecutable evidence on he/she, then if it's a Murdaugh Stone will recused himself?

It's as clear as mud.

I don’t understand how he gets to decide this. Isn’t he already legally conflicted from working so close with the victims family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288