SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I know what I'm doing Thursday.

Post and Courier Events is in Charleston, South Carolina.

Click here to register for this #free and #virtual event https://tickets.postandcourier.com/.../beyond-the....
Join us for a look at the latest developments in a murder case that has drawn international attention to the Lowcountry. It began with the killings of two members of the prominent Murdaugh family in June. Since then, there has been a second shooting, a trip to rehab and allegations of money missing from the family law firm. Watchdog and Public Service Reporter Stephen Hobbs and Public Service Editor Glenn Smith discuss the latest in the case and what might be next. Moderated by The Post and Courier Executive Editor Autumn Phillips.

#Chs #charleston #virtualevent #murdaughmurdersupdate #murdaughinvestigation #lowcountry #localnews

Why not? Everyone takes pics and recordings now to release to media for dollars. In a case as big as this I couldn't see why a couple of people in a, lets say, lower median income area, would not talk to MSM about it. Fox, Daily Mail and other channels would pay for an interview with them. So why haven't we heard from them since it would be to the Murdaugh families benefit since it would back up AM's story. They could even tell us whether it really was a superficial VS serious entry, exit wound. If they saw another vehicle in the vicinity. You would think RM or Griffin would be setting up their interview themselves.

JMO
I can think of a few reasons just off the top of my head.
There probably are more.

1. FEAR and Retaliation
2. Nobody else saw it (another vehicle, etc) so nobody can report about it. It didn't exist.

If so, was he staying at Moselle or Edisto? If Edisto, maybe they went there together? Or planned to meet? Or was she checking in on her son spontaneously? I wonder what texts/calls were made by either that day. Just think odd they were both there- that day, that hour.

The significant event for the family on June 7 was that Alex's father was taken to hospital for what appears to be end of life care. Alex's mother lives nearby. Moselle is closer to the hospital than other homes.

When looking at the bigger picture, it seems like a good family decision that Margaret and Paul would be staying at Moselle so they could have last visits with Alex's father.

Click here to register for this #free and #virtual event https://tickets.postandcourier.com/.../beyond-the....
Join us for a look at the latest developments in a murder case that has drawn international attention to the Lowcountry. It began with the killings of two members of the prominent Murdaugh family in June. Since then, there has been a second shooting, a trip to rehab and allegations of money missing from the family law firm. Watchdog and Public Service Reporter Stephen Hobbs and Public Service Editor Glenn Smith discuss the latest in the case and what might be next. Moderated by The Post and Courier Executive Editor Autumn Phillips.

#Chs #charleston #virtualevent #murdaughmurdersupdate #murdaughinvestigation #lowcountry #localnews
Ohhh-- I may be joining you !!!!
Thank you for sharing :)

We can easily see the dog kennel in this photo.

47858297-9985655-image-a-22_1631542181650.jpg

Sole heir to South Carolina legal dynasty Buster Murdaugh, 25, is seen for the first time | Daily Mail Online

What I want to know is why isn't this family lying really low right now? 3 out of 4 of them have been shot in recent months. You'd think Buster would be being protected a little bit better than getting papped by the DM.

Oh me too! Thanks for posting this.

https://twitter.com/fitsnews/status/1437514177401311233

FITSNews

@fitsnews

Well, well ... another law firm tied to the Murdaugh family/ law firm has "vanished" its website ... http://mosskuhnfleming.com #MurdaughMurders

From this article:
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article253592859.html

There's more about that law firm in the article. Seems Alex liked to recommend them...

"On Dec. 19, 2018, a representative of Satterfield’s estate filed a wrongful death claim against Alex Murdaugh. The suit says Satterfield died from injuries she sustained in a trip-and-fall accident in Hampton County. The initial court filing said Murdaugh’s insurance provider would pay $500,000 plus an additional $5,000 for medical payments.

Of that money, $177,500 was to be paid to the law firm Moss, Kuhn & Fleming.
On Dec. 19, 2018, a representative of Satterfield’s estate filed a wrongful death claim against Alex Murdaugh. The suit says Satterfield died from injuries she sustained in a trip-and-fall accident in Hampton County. The initial court filing said Murdaugh’s insurance provider would pay $500,000 plus an additional $5,000 for medical payments.

Of that money, $177,500 was to be paid to the law firm Moss, Kuhn & Fleming."

I'm I read somewhere AM was staying at the Moselle. If Im remembering that correctly and in fact he and MM were living separately (her at Edisto beach house) then I think MM didn't go up to the house. Whether PM was in the house, idk but I just don't think MM was.

From the few pictures we've seen of the Moselle property the day or two after the murders, it's hard to see just how many vehicles there were in that area of the kennels. "Her" so-called car (we only have AM's lawyer saying AM was driving MM's car, the Mercedes) could have been there? Are we certain only one vehicle, the Suburban, was towed from the property by LE?

I’ve found the car situation strange since the redacted report was released. First, the fact that there were less cars mentioned than people at the crime scene seemed odd. Unless they weren’t including the main house as part of the crime scene and there were additional vehicles parked up there. It did seem at the time that MM’s vehicle was not mentioned in that report. Now we know it wasn’t, bc now we know she typically drove the Mercedes SUV. The info. we have about their actual vehicles, I believe is MM-Mercedes SUV, AM-Range Rover, and PM- Ford truck(s). If accurate, 2 vehicles mentioned in police report from the crime scene, one of which was towed, and none of which were their regular vehicles. Why not and where were their regular vehicles?

Also, I agree and have had similar thoughts about MM not staying at or having gone up to the main house.
We do know there is a smaller, one story 2nd home on the property.
I’ve considered that this 2nd house was possibly being used by an immediate family member at the time (MM staying for the night due to the circumstances with RM3, or that PM may have been living there, and/or AM accessed the 2nd residence that evening). We know that MM and PM were found “near the kennels” and far from the main residence. But we don’t know how close to the kennels they were found, and that area of the property puts them in the vicinity of the 2nd residence. Maybe the reason they were in that area was bc of the 2nd residence, not bc of the kennels/dogs.
amoo

If so, was he staying at Moselle or Edisto? If Edisto, maybe they went there together? Or planned to meet? Or was she checking in on her son spontaneously? I wonder what texts/calls were made by either that day. Just think odd they were both there- that day, that hour.

I think they were staying at Moselle. I heard that Maggie and Paul were together that day and had lunch in Charleston. I don’t know if this is true. But seeing as Grandaddy Murdaugh was in palliative care, I think they were sticking close by. Edisto is over an hour away.
Also, have we confirmed that Maggie was permanently living at the beach house in Edisto? Her obit says she loved spending summers there.

From this article:
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article253592859.html

There's more about that law firm in the article. Seems Alex liked to recommend them...

"On Dec. 19, 2018, a representative of Satterfield’s estate filed a wrongful death claim against Alex Murdaugh. The suit says Satterfield died from injuries she sustained in a trip-and-fall accident in Hampton County. The initial court filing said Murdaugh’s insurance provider would pay $500,000 plus an additional $5,000 for medical payments.

Of that money, $177,500 was to be paid to the law firm Moss, Kuhn & Fleming.
On Dec. 19, 2018, a representative of Satterfield’s estate filed a wrongful death claim against Alex Murdaugh. The suit says Satterfield died from injuries she sustained in a trip-and-fall accident in Hampton County. The initial court filing said Murdaugh’s insurance provider would pay $500,000 plus an additional $5,000 for medical payments.

Of that money, $177,500 was to be paid to the law firm Moss, Kuhn & Fleming."
Fleming is the attorney who Murdaugh suggested to Connor Cook too after the boat crash.
‘Anything They Get In, They Get Out Of’: Bombshell Deposition Filed In Murdaugh Case

ETA snippet (bbm):
In deposition, Connor Cook said that Alex Murdaugh approached him while he was getting X-rays at Beaufort Memorial Hospital, just hours after Mallory Beach went missing in the horrific boat crash. This statement is supported by a nurse’s affidavit.

Connor Cook told attorneys that Alex Murdaugh told him “that everything was going to be all right” and that “I just needed to keep my mouth shut and tell them I didn’t know who was driving and he’s got me.”

Cook then told attorneys that Alex Murdaugh referred him to Cory Fleming — a longtime friend of the Murdaugh family who represented Gloria Satterfield‘s family in a wrongful death settlement against Alex Murdaugh in 2018.

Connor Cook said that on the night of the crash, Alex Murdaugh told him that Fleming “would be the best” lawyer to represent him in the investigation and Connor retained him as his lawyer for a period of time before he changed attorneys.

In deposition, Cook said that he was scared to tell SCDNR investigators the truth when they questioned him the night of the crash.

There's many different senarios up in the air isn't there?

Was MM asked to come there to Moselle that night and why?

Did PM tag along with his Mom just to tag along, maybe he was picked up from another place because he wanted to end up at the beach house with her that night?

Was PM staying with his Dad at Moselle and his Mom called or texted him she was there and why?

Did that info make PM want to go down to her and that's why he was "involved"?

Maybe his parents were contentious planning to split and he wanted to be by his Mom's side?

Maybe he was just asked by his Mom to come down a help with the dogs? Or arrived with her and got out of the car to see to the dogs when asked?

Do they have access to Murdaugh hunting arms down there, there's a few structures in the area.

So lots of questions as to how Paul would be "involved" that night.

All so upsetting to consider being as two lives were lost because of however it played out.
Lots of articles that were not previously allowed said that PM and MM were especially close, she was always 'defending' PM.

Regardless of the who/why, this mother and son lost their lives in brutal fashion. I hope they arrest someone soon in this case.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member