SC - Paul Murdaugh,22 & Mom Margaret,52, 7 June 2021 *Media, Maps, Timeline-NO DISCUSSION*

Kinsey says the crime scene was “too messy” for two shooters to have been involved.

“[The defense] did everything to try and get away from Alex being the shooter,” he tells PEOPLE. “I teach pistols, I teach shotguns, I hunt. Knowing firearms the way I do, and working as many death scenes involved in firearms as I have, it is just too messy. I've worked a lot of hits. A lot. They just don't do it that way."

Kinsey referenced the fact that two guns — which prosecutors believed were owned by the Murdaughs — were used in the murders. "A hit team doesn't come to your home and know that there's two guns up in the corner of your feed room, use your guns," he says.

Murdaugh Crime Scene Reconstruction Expert Recounts Moment He Knew Alex Was Guilty: 'Not a Man'

Published on October 7, 2023 09:55AM EDT

According to the latest federal court filing, Alex Murdaugh has around $1.7 million left. What happens next with that money is still up for debate.

LOWCOUNTRY, S.C. (WCIV) — Right now the state is in charge of doling out what's left of Alex Murdaugh's money.

But after Murdaugh pleaded guilty to federal fraud charges last month, his defense attorneys filed a motion to put that money into federal hands.

Fri, October 6th 2023, 6:50 AM EDT

Just loving this. The Receiver in the Beach case served <derogatory nickname> and Jim Griffin with subpoenas today asking for all kinds of really good financial, fee and cost information concerning the representation of Paul and Alex Murdaugh, in all matters. They will fight hard to prevent this information from being discovered. The problem is that I have made so many inconsistent statements about what they’ve been paid to date. EB

1696890238832.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Appeals court allows Alex Murdaugh to argue for new trial because of possible jury tampering
https://t.co/SDiNlx4h7i

Updated 12:15 PM EDT, October 17, 2023

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — An appeals court in South Carolina is allowing Alex Murdaugh to ask a judge to throw out his murder convictions and life sentence and get a new trial after his lawyers accused the court clerk in his trial of influencing the jury.

The one-paragraph decision Tuesday likely opens the door for a full hearing where witnesses who would have to testify under oath could include Colleton County Clerk of Court Rebecca Hill, the jurors who deliberated a few hours after the six-week trial and even Judge Clifton Newman, widely praised for overseeing the case.

A time and place or the scope of the hearing will be determined later.

Eric Bland
@TheEricBland

As expected earlier today, the South Carolina Court of Appeals agreed to stay and hold in abeyance Alex Murdaugh’s appeal from his double murder conviction of March 2023, and remanded the issue of whether he is entitled to a new trial based on juror interference issues to the trial court in front of Judge Newman. This was totally expected. The issues raised by Team Murdaugh are serious and significant IF TRUE and that is a big IF, that a determination needs to be made regarding their validity. Juror interference is unacceptable and goes to the heart of our jury trial system. Judge Newman will make a determination on how this matter will proceed. The defense will argue that they are entitled to full discovery rights to depose, and or subpoena the testimony from jurors and other witnesses. Whether that is going to be granted will have to be seen. I am interested in seeing how the attorney general will weigh in on this decision and give their take on what the procedure going forward should look like. Based on <derogatory nickname> several in and out of court statements about Judge Newman, it would not surprise me if the defense makes a motion for another judge to entertain their motion for new trial and argue that Judge Newman is in conflict. This is about to get real interesting. The rubber will hit the road. I am quite certain that the attorney general’s office is prepared and loaded for bear to refute Team Murdaugh’s contentions. Drama, Drama and more Drama. EB

9:11 AM · Oct 17, 2023
·

Eric Bland
@TheEricBland

Another beat down for Team Murdaugh today in Federal Court by Judge Gergel who ruled against Murdaugh’s motion to have the federal government seize the funds being held by the state court appointed receiver, who will be transferring them to the special referee Tollison. Team Murdaugh and Alex were trying to get their hands on those funds to ultimately, command them and shift them to their chosen Victims instead of Alex’s victims. Lost again. How many times are they going to make motions and lose each one of them? There is a saying that there is nothing to be learned from a second kick of a mule. How many times does have to be kicked in the head before he realizes that he’s representing one of the all-time greatest scumbags and no judge if the law doesn’t permit it will rule in favor of Alex Murdaugh. My podcast cohosts Liz and Mandy raised an interesting question this week when they queried are we ever going to see this great lawyering from Team Murdaugh that everyone talked about. At this point, I am not sure. EB

1:45 PM · Oct 17, 2023
·

Separately, Murdaugh is also set to stand trial in November on charges related to stolen settlement funds from the family of the Murdaughs’ late housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield. They are the first of dozens of state charges he faces in alleged schemes to defraud victims of millions. The financial crimes he is accused of in the case include embezzlement, computer crime, money laundering and tax evasion.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/21/us/alex-murdaugh-plead-guilty-federal-charges/index.html

September 21, 2023

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon123123
Back