SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reason they may not want Tinsley to testify (“if“ there is anything in those videos)…

Details of the videos and them being turned over to state police come from attorney Mark Tinsley, who originally revealed the information in a March 16, 2022, court hearing for a lawsuit tangential to the Murdaugh criminal investigations.

Holy moly, the allegations in that article are wild. Every aspect of this case is one for the books.

AM knew he could not let Paul live - he was looking at 25 years in prison and AM was going to lose everything the victims could get their hands on, also I think AM dad’s death was a relief of the pressure because he had to uphold the family name - ha! But I am sure his dad expected more from him. Paul being in jail was just to hard to swallow for him. And knowing his temperament and if they think the “you son of a” harassment was bad, PM would have gotten beat up in prison and more. He knew he couldn’t live up to the life standard they were used to and MM wasn’t going to stand by and just accept being dragged through the mud. If it came down to AM and PM - MM would choose PM every time. As hard as it is to swallow, he saw PM as a liability and MM too. If the murders didn’t happen they were going to eventually turn in him too. He thought it was the answer to save what he could of the family name. And prove he was “good enough” to be a Murdaugh. He never thought the murders would be investigated by non-good-old boys. He knew at the very least PM wouldn’t go to jail and MM wouldn’t divorce/betray him.

Well, I was slammed with work today, and got to listen to bits and pieces, and then was able to listen to all of the 404 testimony/arguments this afternoon.

Maybe it is just me, but I really wish they would flesh out (if possible) the videos, audio, etc... Bring in the witness that can discuss the blue raincoat(or did I miss that), etc.... I totally understand the importance of bringing in the financial information, but the videos........ They were only played once or twice.

JMO. moo....
I'm pretty sure the prosecution will include the video evidense in closing arguments. It will be one of the last thing the jury sees or hears from them IMO.

Listening to different talking heads saying they are not yet convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Alex murdered Maggie and Paul. Do they really think a random stranger or someone targeting the family ..

1) happened to catch Maggie and Paul at the kennels moments after Alex went back to the house.
2) didn't notice there were 3 vehicles at the property and wasn't worried about someone else being close enough to hear the shots
3) Saw the 3 vehicles - lights on in the house - killed Maggie and Paul and just left without seeing if another family member was in the house
4) arrived/left such a rural setting without their vehicle being seen or heard by Paul, Maggie or Alex when they were riding around the property and out by the kennels
5) the dogs in the kennels did not alert Maggie and Paul to a stranger
6) Alex did not hear gunshots or the dogs barking during the murders
7) brought 2 guns with them and the same ammo previously used on the property, or found ammo and 2 guns near the kennels to commit the murders
8) if 2 guns = 2 shooters then why didn't one or both of the shooters approach the house in search of more family members or to search for valuables or drugs to steal
9) believe Alex had a reason to lie about being at the kennels, changing clothes, deleted the calls/text to Maggie off his phone, etc for reasons not connected to the murders

(edited by me because I forgot to delete a sentence. Please also forgive spelling and grammatical errors.. long day)

I'm pretty sure the prosecution will include the video evidense in closing arguments. It will be one of the last thing the jury sees or hears from them IMO.

I think that’s what people want answers to, I’m surprised the jury has stayed awake for the rest.

Listening to different talking heads saying they are not yet convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Alex murdered Maggie and Paul. Do they really think a random stranger or someone targeting the family ..

1) happened to catch Maggie and Paul at the kennels moments after Alex went back to the house.
2) didn't notice there were 3 vehicles at the property and wasn't worried about someone else being close enough to hear the shots
3) Saw the 3 vehicles - lights on in the house - killed Maggie and Paul and just left without seeing if another family member was in the house
4) arrived/left such a rural setting without their vehicle being seen or heard by Paul, Maggie or Alex when they were riding around the property and out by the kennels
5) the dogs in the kennels did not alert Maggie and Paul to a stranger
6) Alex did not hear gunshots or the dogs barking during the murders
7) brought 2 guns with them and the same ammo previously used on the property, or found ammo and 2 guns near the kennels to commit the murders
8) if 2 guns = 2 shooters then why didn't one or both of the shooters approach the house in search of more family members or to search for valuables or drugs to steal
9) believe Alex had a reason to lie about being at the kennels, changing clothes, deleted the calls/text to Maggie off his phone, etc for reasons not connected to the murders

(edited by me because I forgot to delete a sentence. Please also forgive spelling and grammatical errors.. long day)

The TV talking head lawyers are mostly useless. Hardly any of them are following the case that well, and even any that are on there just to take one side or the other just for the sake of having an argument. Most of us know more than they do about the case.

So does the judge. As the judge excused Chris Wilson he said, "Thank you. Take care of yourself." in a very sympathetic tone.
I thought the same thing and noticed it, this is the first time the Judge has been personal to a witness, imo.

Today was a heart wrenching day. I will not be surprised if AM is not on suicide watch before this trial is over. I really don't think his defense can save him if any of todays testimony will be heard by the jury.

I also noticed his sister stayed until the very end, the other family members weren't there...

JMO

This was linked earlier today about the PI (related to Mallory Beach's death) with a camera at Moselle.

And, reading it, I can't believe I forgot that there was something found at Moselle after Maggie's and Paul's murders that made SLED reopen the investigation into Stephen Smith's death. I wonder if that will get referenced in this trial? And I wonder what SLED found that made them reopen the investigation?

It's all just such a firehose of massive crimes....

MOO.

Last edited:
[…]
Judge Clifton Newman on Thursday heard from witnesses outside the presence of the jury to decide whether they can give evidence in the case.

First up was Jeanne Seckinger, who has worked her way up to office manager and chief financial officer in 24 years with the law firm founded more than a century ago by Murdaugh’s family. Seckinger testified that Murdaugh sometimes kept entire fees required by rules to be shared with the firm.

“That would be stealing,” Seckinger said.

Murdaugh also took money to be paid in lawsuit settlements to clients in wrongful death or accident cases, Seckinger said. Instead of depositing money with a company called Forge Consulting for safekeeping for the clients, Murdaugh created Murdaugh d/b/a Forge” to keep the money for himself, according to bank statements the law firm found in his office, Seckinger said.

In all, the firm determined Murdaugh diverted more than $2.8 million this way. The law firm paid everyone back, Seckinger said,

Under cross examination, Seckinger said the scheme had been going on since 2015 without being detected.

[…]

Financial misdeeds allowed in Alex Murdaugh murder trial

Hello, a newbie. So please accept any errors that I might make.

On the video showing a drooping tree planted and being observed, does it appear that sapling has been rutted or heavily marred perhaps by deer? The apparent light or debarked area above the tube that was to prevent such activity?

And if so, could that have also been a reason causing one to have need or arrange for a suitable weapon during the visit? In case someone chose perhaps to travel the grounds and attempt to locate or eradicate that problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member