SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

So this is the big huge road that DH said it would be so difficult to throw anything across it from a car window. :rolleyes:

FoA9bBPXEAAPQTZ.jpg

American Greed rerun now (1am) on CNBC.
Thank you. Seeing where we are today, there had to be much to wanting anybody but PM driving that boat! o_O Nasty stuff had to be shaking in them low country weeds.

ETA: I recently read a quote by a friend of PM's who said AM didn't look like Boss Hogg but he most certainly appeared to share in the character of Jefferson Davis (J.D.) Hogg (better known as "Boss" Hogg), the fictional character featured in the American television series, The Dukes Hazzard. I wasn't familiar with Boss Hogg but thanks to youtube, I understand why the friends would say this about AM! MOO :oops:

Last edited:
I wonder if AM on the night of the murders, asked MM to take a loan out on the Edisto house and MM knowing she was going to leave him and wanted to live there, said no, that she would not go along with that. Paul was collateral damage even if he was killed first.
I’m finding lots of info on AM money misdeeds from the November 2022 federal bank fraud trial of Russell Lafitte. There was a loan to AM to remodel the beach house.

I’m finding lots of info on AM money misdeeds from the November 2022 federal bank fraud trial of Russell Lafitte. There was a loan to AM to remodel the beach house.

In the settlement with Mallory Beach's family filed against MM's estate, I recall one of the creditors with a claim against the beach house -- besides the mortgage lender, was a Summerville-based interior design firm. I recall the claim paid out at to the firm was about $7K.

Sept 20, 2021

On Aug. 27, after his son’s estate went to probate, Murdaugh signed away his right to administer the estate and asked his brother to take it over.

It’s understandable, and not unusual, for a grieving parent to allow a trusted sibling to handle their child’s estate. But in this case, the circumstances raise questions.

Among them: Was his decision to turn over the management of Paul Murdaugh’s estate to his brother related to his alleged plan to have himself killed? Was it because of his own financial troubles? Or because of the oxycodone addiction his lawyers say he’s had for 20 years?

And given that his son’s estate is open, why does the estate of his late wife, Maggie remain closed?

[..]

When he signed away his right to administer his son’s estate on Aug. 27, Murdaugh requested that his brother, Randolph Murdaugh IV, take over handling of the estate. The records do not explain why he made the request, but the form that Alex Murdaugh signed states that he did not give up any interest in his son’s estate or inheritance rights.

[..]

The only probate filing available online for Maggie Murdaugh is a Sept. 9 demand for notice from a Summerville-based interior design company. The filing requests that the company be notified when Maggie Murdaugh’s estate is open for creditors’ claims.

Did he screw his best friend out of $172k personally?

Clearly nothing is sacred.

He'll use anyone and anything, including rocking in the courtroom, if he thinks it'll benefit him.

If this were Netflix, it wouldn't be credible. Staggering.

JMO

After AM was confronted by his law office on June 7 about the missing $792,000, he scrambled his coffee cans but the best he could come up with was $600,000 and asked Wilson to advance him the balance he was short or $192,000. So yes, AM could defy a long-time friend ('*advertiser censored* him up'), don't think there's much AM wouldn't do out of greed. MOO

12/5/2021

Wilson and Murdaugh had been friends for three decades and worked on numerous cases together, Wilson’s attorney Bakari Sellers told The Post and Courier.

But after a January 2021 case, Murdaugh had Wilson send him his share of the legal fees directly, bypassing the PMPED law firm and pocketing all the cash, prosecutors allege. When the firm found out about the missing money, Murdaugh scrambled to repay it. But he could only come up with $600,000. That meant Wilson had to cover the other $192,000 himself.

Wilson filed his complaint in October and has helped both Disciplinary Counsel and law enforcement investigate Murdaugh, Sellers said.

Why does this not surprise me: DH actually filed a bar complaint against one of the attorneys for the Satterfield's, Mr. Bland.

Dec 2021

Bland has repeatedly shared his candid opinions of A. Murdaugh in news articles, podcast interviews and court hearings — calling the suspended attorney a liar and a cheat with no moral compass.

Dick Harpootlian, alleged Bland’s media barrage has strayed outside of lawyers’ rules for professional conduct and hurt Murdaugh’s odds of getting a fair trial. In addition to filing a disciplinary complaint against Bland, Harpootlian asked a judge to silence him with a gag order. The circuit judge assigned to the case, Bentley Price of Charleston, has yet to schedule a hearing on that request.

Bland fired back that the press has written hundreds of negative stories about Murdaugh even without his help. He countered that Harpootlian has done plenty of damage already to Murdaugh’s odds of getting an impartial trial by going on TV and admitting that Murdaugh is addicted to opioids and stole from his own law firm.

Bland said he is working on a lengthy response to Harpootlian’s complaint and plans to cite First Amendment advocates and ethics experts who agree he has done nothing wrong.

“This is Harpootlian losing in the court of public opinion,” Bland said. “Dick has never had a fight that he wouldn’t meet head on and certainly a microphone that he wouldn’t talk into.”

After listening to some of AM's released jailhouse calls, I really think he's adjusted well to incarceration. He immediately mastered how to increase the maximum canteen balance allowed and/or "win" additional merch by gambling (i.e., betting on football).

He consistently comments that the warden and trustees are very courteous.

AM comes off as a politician, he appears to adjust to his environment. And probably more important, AM is an alpha, and behind bars, he will forever feel superior to the company he's keeping. MOO
I like to refer to these types as chameleons, AM can play any part required at any moment. MOO

Such a weak argument by his attorney. Basically saying Alex’ actions make no sense because of what ultimately happened. Just because your plans don’t go according to plan, doesn’t mean you didn’t intentionally do something.
Desperation is the word of the day. Along with Scum bucket. It seems to me that his own attorneys are often surprised by testimony. Good. Maybe they'll learn some things about their 'friend'. I feel that he duped some, but others either knew, and/or were involved in/benefited from some of his schemes.

Desperation is the word of the day. Along with Scum bucket. It seems to me that his own attorneys are often surprised by testimony. Good. Maybe they'll learn some things about their 'friend'. I feel that he duped some, but others either knew, and/or were involved in/benefited from some of his schemes.
It's also very interesting, and perhaps Karma that he speaks of a nutso story of the one guy who was hired to track down Black Panthers and kill them. WTF?!! The Judge is Black, in case he didn't notice-lol And this Judge is Very measured in his Rulings. Just WOW.

With a quick look at today's Law & Crime video coverage, I notice AM has a white undershirt (can see at the collar of his button-down). I wonder if he had on the white shirt (from the night of the crimes when LE arrived) under the button-down he was wearing in the Snapchat video he & Paul did with the trees? Could that have been why there was seemingly no visible blood when LE arrived (but then later supposedly there was blood evidence on it; plus, he may have also had on a raincoat that was later found at his mother's with GSR.) MOO.

Screenshot I took just a few minutes ago from the Law & Crime live feed with an arrow I drew showing his white undershirt:

View attachment 399686

All speculation on my part. Just asking. MOO.
I love watching Emily D Baker Podcast on Youtube, and saw video of his interrogation inside a vehicle, as it was raining that night, and he was wearing a white t-shirt(undershirt). Apparently he had changed his clothes at some point as well, but unclear about timing/details.

AM was probably very good at his profession, he didn't need to become a thief and crook. jmo
Not about need. He's an opportunist, and some with lots of money can never have enough. Greed, the green eyed monster, but this crook is lacking any moral/ethical center. Shooting someone in the face is a very personal, hate filled act, usually with intent to wipe away a persons good looks, according to Ann Burgess, a Murder investigator/Expert at Boston College. If not AM, then Jealousy may be a Motive... JMO

Sounds like MM wanted to keep the beach house and was dragging her feet because she knew a loan taken out on it would mean the end of it. JMO
The Beach House was her favorite place to be. Such a convoluted criminal history AM has. South Carolina is like another country in many ways. Just look at the Court proceedings...people wandering all over the courtroom, AM not standing when most others do(Court decorum/protocol out the window here)-such disrespect. The one Defense Attorney is up ion the faces of witnesses, trying to intimidate them, and no one seems to care. Reminds me of the old show 'Dallas' with JR Ewing, set in Texas, but some of the same over entitled behaviors.

Having lived in the Low Country for 10 years, the culture is truly as depicted in this trial. Addressing the Murdaughs as Mr. Ellick and Miz Maggie, and the special treatment they get/got in all police matters is a fact. Brothers, sisters,Cousins, in-laws, and hunting buddies; Alex’s posse included his defense attorney who says he’s a city boy but hunts on Murdaugh property. A sociologist might say it’s an enmeshed system. JMO.

The testimony of Alex’s BFF choked me up. When asking AM what OTHER things have you done, using me? He was emotional and it appeared genuine.

AM made a 6 digit salary and was struggling for cash. I know they lived well, but was their money siphoning off somewhere else? Gambling? Blackmail? Something more than an opioid addiction was at play. JMO

Don’t make sense to me, lawfirm vehicle, insurance paid/gas credit card probably, moselle had no mortgage till he borrowed money against it. Edisto paid for, was in rears on taxes.

After murders someone paid murdaugh for property that they owed almost a million for.

End of year bonuses at firm iirc close to million.

It doesnt make sense. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member