SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was Alex's brother Randy (Randolph Murdaurgh IV) who was at the lodge, not the father RMIII. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. JMO.
Around 2:55:00

Brother Randy was there and the Father was there at some point, too.

I tried looking for Buster’s reaction while Shelly Smith was testifying about this, but couldn’t find it. Maybe someone else will have better luck.
I happened to JUST see it, CNN showing the recap of interviewing Mushelle, finally a glimpse of Buster wiping his eyes and kind of slumped head down but looking at her on stand. She was crying at the time. He was def not his usual watching self. I didn't see his gf sitting next to him. No one was reacting to him around him that I noticed.

Who is the man sitting behind Alex (older gent, gray hair, glasses)? Is that a family member? I noticed he seems to be there every day.
Yes, who is he? His expression never changes. He sits in the exact same spot every single day -- middle of the pew behind Alex and in front of the M family.

Tinsely said that the Satterfields first came to see him in late August 2021/early September 2021. (2:31:05 below). Why would the defense be asking about this? Is it connected to Tony Satterfield's testimony that he contacted Alex months before -- in June 2021 -- about the settlement?

Yes, who is he. His expression never changes. He sits in the exact same spot every single day -- middle of the pew.
I saw on the running comments next to the streaming of the court proceedings, he is a security person, perhaps a US Marshal. I know he doesn't look it, but people there were asking and a few said he was that. There is another there nearby as well, behind Defense/A.M.

Charleston likes to think that the old days of racism and the toxic history of slavery are in the past but it is a painful reality no matter how much people try to minimize it. It was only 7 years ago when a white punk went into a church and shot and killed 9 African Americans in a hate crime. I was also 7 years ago when a white cop shot and killed an unarmed black man who was running away from him and then tried to cover it up by lying. I can tell you from personal experience it's not far from the minds of many African Americans who have lived in this part of the country for generations. There is still a dark undercurrent of racism that exists here throughout sections of the Low Country where time seems to stand still. It's not talked about much but it's still there.

It makes what Shelly Smith did today that much more significant and powerful! The strength and bravery she showed today was incredible! Shame on AM for putting her through all of that.
^^rsbm

Thank you @Derph for sharing your local perspective. It's much appreciated when trying to understand what's deemed normal, and acceptable in the S. C. low country compared to the locale of viewing members and guests.

Would it also be typical in Charleston to refer to hired help by their (assumed) ethnicity? This would be derogatory language in my area. Spanish speaking could also be American, Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American (i.e., Hispanic).

For example, the Edisto Beach property was allegedly being appraised on June 8, and on the date of her murder, June 7, MM had workmen preparing the house for inspection.

Waiting in Charleston for her doctor's appointment, MM had the following text exchange with an unknown recipient:

June 7

3:55 p.m. - Outgoing message. "TY. I'm waiting at doctor. Alex wants me to come home. I have to leave door open at Edisto. I trust the Mexicans to shut and lock for me. His dad is back in hospital. No cancer. It's pneumonia."
3:57 p.m. - Outgoing message. "Alex is about to die. Hope he doesn't go down there to sleep. Alex needs to take care of himself as well."
- Incoming message from Alex. "How's your doctor appt?"
- Received message. "Yes he does. He told me he was tired when he left. I hope they can treat Mr. Randolph and make him comfortable."
- Outgoing message to Alex. "Waiting as usual."
4:06 p.m. - Outgoing message. "I'm scared for him and Alex and all of us." (Referring to Randolph Murdaugh's medical condition.
- Incoming message. "I know just pray about it. Just pray about it and hope he gets a little better. Alex and you really need to relax. Always being on the go with little to no sleep is not healthy. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning in Beaufort. If I go to Moselle I will let you know."

I’ve been in and out on this trial. It’s very hard to stay engaged. I was listening to one of the lawtuber’s streams today and they seem to be convinced that the state has no case for murder and the judge is erring left and right by allowing the financial crimes evidence. It does seem like there will be a trial within a trial now that the financial crimes are coming in. Social media seems to be certain that he’s guilty and the evidence so far backs it up.

This trial reminds me of the Tex McIver trial in Atlanta. Which was overturned recently. That trial was a mess. So disorganized and hard to follow. What saved the state was the simple fact that the jury didn’t believe the gun just went off.

With Murdaugh I feel like it was a homicide-suicide plan except he chickened out and didn’t do the suicide part. The state’s theory that he did it for sympathy and diversion is a STRETCH!! It’s gonna be hard to sell that to the jury. I’m not holding out hope that the state has some type of bombshell evidence that’s gonna seal a conviction. It seems shaky right now with a lot of conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpiddybgt