SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/AveryGWilks

The state calls its 52nd witness, Devin Newell of General Motors. Newell and GM were not on the original witness list. But GM over the weekend provided prosecutors a trove of new data from Alex Murdaugh's 2021 Chevrolet Suburban, which he drove on 6/7/21.

Newell acknowledges that SLED sent a March 2022 search warrant to GM asking for information about Murdaugh’s Suburban. It came with a 17-character VIN code for Murdaugh’s SUV. Newell said he was not involved in that original process.

Newell testifies he found out Friday that GM had information on the vehicle that it had not provided to law enforcement. He doesn't explain how this happened, nor does prosecutor John Conrad ask him to do so.

Newell steps down after very brief testimony, having introduced the new evidence.

That is what a defense attorney does though, isn't it? It seems like some people here want AM's defense to have Poot get up there and say "Excuse me, folks, could you please find it in your hearts to not find my client guilty? It would be greatly appreciated. The defense rests."
I agree that he deserves a robust and fair defense. The repeatedly referencing gore is a bridge too far for me.

Yeah, it's the night before I was wondering about. Based on her texts to Blanca about leaving the beachhouse for the "Mexicans" to lock up, I thought it was established she was there at least in the morning?

It could have been she spent the night in Moselle and went to Edisto in the morning and came back that night. I don't think it's ever been clearly stated one way or the other.

This witness even knows someone used the hose after him…the man who cleaned the kennels. He could tell how the hose was put away.

AM isn’t so smiley now.

He last went to the kennels about 4:00 on the 7th. No one was there and nothing looked out of place.

Now he is telling who and where each dog was in their kennel…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500