SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we know Paul's brain was not in his skull anymore.. how would that happen if he was shot from the top of his head through his shoulder? Makes zero sense for many reasons, but that is definitely a big one. Usually the insides go in the direction the bullet goes.. I think it's physics.. not sure inside matter can go in the opposite direction of the force

The choice of words used by the defense concerning the damage done to PM is disrespectful in every way.
I believe AM was going to use PM as an excuse all along that he had it planned out. If LE didn't believe his version of events it would be something his defense team could use if it went to court. I think if AM hadn't been caught in stealing this would be something he would have gotten away with because the M family would still have the pull to get it done. JMO

This tells me AM can no longer hang onto
-some other dude did it- defense!
He actually thinks jury will buy this murder/suicide? theory. Wow.
Defense would of been better off sticking with the former.
IMO
I get that it’s the defense’s job to defend their client, but AM’s allowing them to throw his son under the bus for HIS OWN MURDER is the most perverse thing I have ever seen.

So we know Paul's brain was not in his skull anymore.. how would that happen if he was shot from the top of his head through his shoulder? Makes zero sense for many reasons, but that is definitely a big one. Usually the insides go in the direction the bullet goes.. I think it's physics.. not sure inside matter can go in the opposite direction of the force
Fact the shot come from the front/ side area hitting the head then as it enters severs the brain and stem from the spine. After hunting large and small game over 30yrs we or me prefer a head shot for a quick kill and have seen the damage from both shotguns rounds as well as bullet rounds along with what the extra pressure from an object entering the body or head and fracturing bone causing a separation of organs.

I think he wanted to get access to Paul's phone, so he went to check his body first. He as much as said so. I'd bet he didn't check his wife's body at all, as he shot her so many times. Heartless to say the least.
Seriously. He doesn't check his wife. He didn't check his son. His first instinct is his son's phone.

Did Paul receive any calls or texts right then? I half-believe Alec when he says he tried to turn him over. To get his phone. IMO Alec didn't expect for it to be in a back pocket.

Did the lockscreen light up with a notification?

It's really unfortunate that Alec's call to Paul's friend didn't connect. I'm very curious to know what Alec intended to tell him.

JMO

Harpootlian finishes his questioning of Riemer. Prosecutor Creighton Waters is back up on redirect, stressing Riemer's credentials.

Riemer testifies she has performed about 5,500 autopsies over the past 20 years. She also testifies she found stippling on the wound to Paul’s chest, indicating the shooter was within 3 feet. She found no stippling anywhere else on Paul.

Harpootlian asks Riemer again about dirt/bruising on Maggie’s calf. Harpootlian says it was a muddy footprint. It has come up before in the case, with no further explanation. Riemer says she didn’t observe it during the autopsy.

Harpootlian asks whether Riemer and SLED chief investigating officer David Owen discussed it. Prosecutor Waters objects, and Newman sustains it. Harpootlian ends with one last question. Harpootlian: “An opinion is an opinion, right?” Riemer: “Yes.”

We're on a short break now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member