SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he can read a killers thoughts and know the killer thought about it for a long time---now he can read hearts too??

Wow he's magnificent!! He needs to be in a circus, boy he'd the money then!!

"...because I can tell you for a fact..that the person or people who did what I saw on June the 7th, they hated Paul Murdaugh, and they had anger in their heart. And that is the only, only reason that somebody could be mad at PawPaw like that and hate him like that.”

This is code for how much anger and hate he had for his own son before he shot him.

The timing was not right for MM to take any action-- she was dead 48 hours after the extension was requested. This -- notwithstanding that MM understood why AM made the fraudulent property transfer to her. And I don't doubt MM signed anything AM requested of her. The woman died with $56 to her name! MOO
Something else to consider is the state of their marriage at this time seemed strained. Alex claims finding the pills in May was not a big deal. Maybe it really was. It was a big enough deal that Paul texted him about it. We don't really know if Maggie said, that is it.. this is the last time. We don't know how much time they spent together in the last month. Just that they went to games that weekend before and now she came to Moselle because his dad was ill. Her sister encouraged her to go. It does make me wonder if she said, no more loans, no more (insert whatever financial deals she knew about he was doing).

She looked at that house to buy. Had her family look at it. Alex said lets wait. She had to be questioning what exactly was going on. Then she finds some pills. I wonder how long before that was the last time she found pills. How long did she think he was clean before finding these yet again?

Things could have came to a head before that week where Maggie said Alex there is no more chances. You are going to get clean, I am not signing off on any bad money moves, I won't allow you to do xyz any more. If this happens I am done and gone. Maybe a conversation didn't need to happen between the 4th and the 7th because she had already told him the ultimatum and he knew his gig was up.

Can we guess? I think the two guns were in some kind of duffle in the golf cart (a typical item to be on a golf cart on a rural property).

Just a guess. Pure speculation.
I think so too. I think that's why the defense kept probing about leaving guns assorted places being a common habit for the M men. Such a dangerous and bad habit.

I recall a lot of the same talk in George Wagner's trial. People said he did good on the stand. I saw a lying narcissist who cared about nobody but himself. People said the jury will be out for a week.. it was 7 hours guilty on all including the specifications. I think those experts talk to talk sometimes. They might think his avoiding questions and all that garbage made him look good.. maybe to a legal person, but not to us. Same way politicans dance around topics and questions and spout out talking points and everyone says how great they sound. It also sounds like hogwash to me (both sides.. all politicians. lol)
Well in my view i couldn’t agree more. I saw a sniveling man on the stand who couldn’t keep his story straight. Hopefully the jury has been paying attention to the storyline, in which case it should be easy. Is it reasonable that somebody else just arrived out of nowhere to kill MM and PM while AM was in the house or just when he left? I just don’t believe it. Never mind all the rest. AM did everything for himself before, during and after the murders, end of story. Sad state of affairs.

Y’all I’m kinda worried. I watched both CNN and Fox after testimony ended today and every single legal expert said they thought AM nailed his testimony. One former judge said she thought he was “the best witness she’s ever seen”. They all think he’s guilty, but they also all think it will be a hung jury or not guilty verdict because of how well he did.
Obviously that’s not what most of us saw (we saw a lying narcissist just trying to further control the narrative), but this makes me think AM might have gotten to one juror.
I wish CW had asked Alec why he didn’t call Buster first. How he knew when to lie about the timing of when he last saw them. Why he texted and called Maggie to tell her he was off to Almeda when supposedly there was no service at the kennels.
Just random thoughts. My husband is getting tired of hearing me talk about this case so I have to vent somewhere

I too had the same thought.
Iirc it was said that Alex could communicate with people on their level. He knows the area he is speaking to the jury the way they would understand what he is saying and how they will interpret it. I feel like he could hit a cord with one or 2. Deliberation’s will be probably be long and tedious and could come back hung.

Hoping for Waters to pull it all together.

He is in jail (following arrest) with a 7 million dollar bond, he has no 'sentence' because he has not been convicted of any crime yet. Should he be convicted in this case, he'll be sentenced and sent to prison, and await the financial charges to come to trial.
He still will have the filing a false police report, insurance fraud, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud and other felonies in relation to the roadside incident. Then there are narcotics charges. All these plus those pesky financial charges and some civil lawsuits resulting from his criminal crimes. DH and JG will no doubt have plenty of work for a long time.

I watched until the prosecution rested, but I don’t want to watch the redirect. I simply cannot listen to AM anymore right now.

At the very end, IMO I think CW finally slammed into Alex by repeating all the people to whom Alex lied and making AM admit to it all consecutively. Overall, though, I feel that the cross has been underwhelming.

IMO Alex was allowed to ramble too much, use his lawyerly knowledge to undercut CW at times, and I dislike the standard issue “isn’t it true that you did such and such, isn’t that true, Mr. Murdaugh?” I felt it was ineffective when the defendant is a lawyer who swung back quite a few times.

JMO but I was expecting more of a slam dunk——there was such a wealth of material from which to hang AM, but he was given too much wiggle room.

Hoping and hoping and hoping that I’m wrong when it goes to the jury, and that the prosecution was in fact effective. If CW has a brilliant closing argument, I think that will help enormously. No room then for Alex’ dissembling.

JMO

Last edited:
AM said that his dad would sign for the loan so I'm not sure that MM's name would have been on the loan.
I read that in order to pay his attorneys that he cashed in his 401K taking penalties to obtain $600,000.

Except the loan request was not a new loan but a request for a $600K extension of the Moselle (collateral) line of credit where the property was owned by MM, and the collateral was also their primary residence.

Also, I doubt the bank would have accepted a guarantee from RM3 who was within 7 days from death!

Except the loan request was not a new loan but a request for a $600K extension of the Moselle (collateral) line of credit where the property was owned by MM, and the collateral was also their primary residence.

Also, I doubt the bank would have accepted a guarantee from RM3 who was within 7 days from death!
Ooooh, thanks for the clarification regarding the collateral. Did not know that.
They would have taken it from Dad M's estate, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eric.joel.rondo.sanchez