VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do we think AM disposed of the guns? If the state has all of his Chevy onstar records couldn’t they retrace all the locations he visited in the days following the murder? Certainly he disposed of them quickly as once the 911 call was made, he was surrounded by family for many days.

SLED had his Suburban and he was driving an old truck in the days following the murders.

I’m having two odd thoughts and wondering... 1) whether the apparent staging might be to show that the place is unsecured and easily accessible; or 2) that it is so remote and isolated and things just left there are undisturbed and not stolen perhaps?

Clearly calculated it seems. And if that shirt in the window…. bizarre. And all depends on when placed. Odd if someone from the family had called recently to report it was not secure, or whatever that report.

Also saw the video posted where it appears that window curtains in the upper outer dormers might be moving or slightly opening/closing? It does seem that way. On the upper right side could not be sure if it wasn’t possibly a shadow reflection from the ground or one of the parked vehicles.

As someone else observed, few vehicles and a large truck were parked backwards in front of the house.

And why this was not prechecked and evaluated before the visit!
MOO

Because it was last minute and legally available. Courts do not have a lot of funds for checking (who would be the right agency to even do this?)

Many jurisdictions are strapped for funds and public servants are not available for extras - I would imagine this trial is already very costly and that the defense has spent its whole budget. I bet if the Judge had required them to spend $3000 on two visits (one to report, then some fixing done - but by whom?, then a second viewing...it would have been expensive).

And could not have been spontaneously arranged by the defense. Since the defense was apparently bent on this viewing (prosecution did not want it), they are trying to spend more court time - and the reasons for the staging must favor the defense.

IMO. In all of these crime visits, the Court cannot know what it is supposed to look like or how different it is to the past condition of the property. That's why it's such a bad idea, but the Judge doesn't want to give any cause for the defense to appeal.

Spending *more* time and money on this useless nonsense would not be in the cards for many judges, I would wager.

IMO

Chanley said the jury was very engaged with Creighton thru his entire closing, nodding along with what he was saying etc. Also, the state gets a rebuttal closing so there is no way it would have been done today
Was not aware of the rebuttal closing, so I'm glad to know that, and happy about the nodding jury, as long as they were not nodding off. BTW, I am a teacher, not a lawyer, so I'm just a bit more critical of the way he presented the Power Point, and the fumbling around with the notes. He even admitted he was not a professor. I just think he could have been more succinct and less repetitive. IMO of course.

Where do we think AM disposed of the guns? If the state has all of his Chevy onstar records couldn’t they retrace all the locations he visited in the days following the murder? Certainly he disposed of them quickly as once the 911 call was made, he was surrounded by family for many days.
He dumped them and the clothes when he went to visit his Mom that night

If you look at the OnStar data that shows how he parked behind the parents house near a tree line and some out buildings
Yes, and the OnStar seems to show that he was around his vehicle in that area for about 6 minutes after he called the house to be let in. CW went over that in his closing today.

These threads have been flying for the last few days and there aren't enough waking hours to watch/listen to all of the testimony and keep up with the comments! I have to ask the crowd this, though. On day 23 Law and Crime Live at about 3:25 mark, did you all see AM go all dissociated, shaking, staring blankly and holding a pen in a disturbing pose? It was SO intense, Griffin was looking at him in dismay (not the normal "concern) and was also shooting looks at the judge, I think, to see if anyone else was noticing?? I thought he was getting ready to go grand mal. Also, I think it was the same day, the judge had everyone stand for a break and AM was still out of it and took a few steps toward the judge or forward and the marshals alerted fast! Did anyone else see that?

Good catch. I did rewatch the time frame you mentioned. There was a rumor on that day that AM was hospitalized (unconfirmed and unfounded). I wonder if he had gotten contraband drugs and had taken them. His demeanor that day was strikingly different from the high energy and more focused (for lack of a better word) from the day before. Interesting to me that the email came on Monday. Wonder if AM failed a tox screen and the more vigilant looking at what he had (like the pen today) in his possession took on greater meaning. Self-harm? Overdose? Not sure. But a great catch.

you guys, I bet they were surprised by the lack of wealthy trappings..this place is like a big ole man cave and the
kennel area is just regular...I mean it's a big property and all but it's not flashy..I don't even think that kennel is air-conditioned..

also looks like there plenty of areas nearby someone could hide..maybe follow you down from the house...

I dunno it seems like he had nothing but time if he did this..so honestly I don't think they nailed it. mOO
AM claims he doesnt even know how MM and PM got to the kennels. but he shows up after them. so someone, maybe 2 people as the defense wants you to believe are hiding and watching WAITS for HIM to leave and kills his wife and son? cells and movements and original lie cancels out someone else did it. right out of the starting gate, he starts offering up suspects, first, it was a boat crash vendetta. its important to watch his first interview, that nite, dash cam.

On NewsNation, Banfield show they were just talking to their woman reporter who's been in court from the start about the reactions of the jurors to CW's closing arguements. She mentioned that alternate juror, the one who numerous times has stuffed the tissues in her ears and put a blanket over her head. It seems today, after lunch, she put her head back against the wall, closed her eyes and looked like she went to sleep. What in the world!?

Yes, and the OnStar seems to show that he was around his vehicle in that area for about 6 minutes after he called the house to be let in. CW went over that in his closing today.

they made a big deal about the smokehouse. I guess they think he hid guns clothes at the smokehouse and then showed up super early one morning to move them.

I thought the presentation and editing of the interview tapes was really well done today - and cast those interviews in an entirely more enlightened way - the tapes drone on and on when you listen to them straight through - with all the yes sirs, and y’alls - the nuances get lost. But watching the clips today - when put into context with other evidence not yet known at the time of the interviews was really effective - almost a mini cross examination of AM. And AM’s body language was really revealing as was his fixation on phones - phones will show, you saw my phone, can I show you my phone, PM’s phone popped out, my phone fell in the console - it’s so excessive and bizarre after hearing all the other evidence. I think CW did a great job showing manufactured alibi - not just with lies - but about AM knowledge from being a lawyer, and specifically from his experience where phones, GPS and the like are the facts that law enforcement and jurors value most (short of video of crime, or dna, etc.)
I really liked how CW had a PowerPoint slide to go with each sound bite from those interviews. He did great at pulling the exact statements and behavior of AM as he lied to manufacture his alibi.

I was already convinced but he really made it clear and convincing. Hope the Jurors see it that way.

The third SLED interview was the big DUN DUN moment. JMO
8C984CA2-E0D1-4252-991D-9BC9895F2893.jpeg8E613A53-7D1B-47D5-AA51-8A8E2ADC9444.jpeg860480CE-97CF-4AFC-9437-BC28EE2F3840.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod