VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, without that video and his lies about it there was not enough to take to trial. It’s ironic that if he had thought to tell the truth that he was with them at the kennel, the discovery of that video would not have meant anything and he may have not been charged with their murders. moo
We also know that within hours of the murders, Rogan told investigators that he heard AM in the background of his last contact with PM. Extracting the video from PM's phone confirmed what investigators already suspected. JMO

He has to change his clothing into jail garb, so does someone watch to see if the pen gets transferred into his prison undergarments?

Easy to make a shank out of a pen, very valuable item to sell in jail
His just knowingly and quickly shoving that pen/marker down his pants pocket so hard, quick to me meant that he just WANTS THAT bad even for the instant moment it is not taken from him and he can do damage to himself. I think he plans on NOT going to a crummy type prison if found guilty. I think he is seeing that he will be found guilty. It's the WAY he made sure he had that pen and shoved so DEFINATELY down into his pocket, checking to make sure way down and had it. He knows they will find/pat down all that and prob saw for sure, but in an instant before that, I feel he will try to use it on himself now.

You are so right. I am not emotionally invested in the outcome of this trial. I believe AM is a despicable human being and will be put away for life no matter how this jury votes. But I am curious to see the outcome of this trial.
I am emotionally invested in this trial and I couldn't even tell u why. I'm pretty certain I'll have withdrawals when this is over.

Not to be morbid, but do you think he would try to off himself in prison? For someone who has never had to face any real consequences in life, he's facing some really serious stuff right now.
I honestly don't think he would because, as has been stated, AM loves AM over and above anyone else.
I'm sure he thinks that he can buy power in prison and has already started that (adding money to other inmates accounts). MOO.

It sure seemed that way. Maybe “moving” it to his breast pocket was just a ruse to lure LE to check in the wrong place.
“Look, no pen in this pocket!”
I was staring hard at his movements and did not see him transfer the pen to his breast pocket! I thought maybe he just patted his breast pocket, in trying to visualize . i COULD of blinked, but I swear he realllly pushed and made sure that pen was IN his pants pocket where it stayed?

There is a difference between innocence, and the state failing to prove the elements of the case, beyond reasonable doubt.

imo

By the way, on which planet do you reside?
There is no reasonable doubt. None. Zero.
I live right here on earth where a reasonable person will conclude this rotten excuse of a human being murdered his wife and son to cover up further crimes. Sad really.

Would he be put away for life for the financial crimes? If he gets 20 years for those, he'd be out in 8.

Not to be morbid, but do you think he would try to off himself in prison? For someone who has never had to face any real consequences in life, he's facing some really serious stuff right now.
Isn't he facing like 99 financial charges. IMO he won't be getting out. We could only hope he would off himself in prison. It almost seems he's given up a bit by confessing under oath to the financial crimes.

I dunno -- that execution shot to the back of the head of MM says RAGE to me.

But I also think PM found AM's pills that night and AM was on a mission to retrieve them from his murdered son's pocket.

He'd already made a deal with PM that he'd go to rehab after PM's criminal case settled and PM betrayed him by playing "little detective" for MM.

AM loved AM more than his family. JMO

Cold rage, though. To me rage is something that causes people to nearly black out (or black out) in a kind of frenzy. I've been asking tons of people about it, though. I'm pretty sure I've never experienced it.

People tell me that they have "gone into a rage" and punched a wall or hit a person, without any memory or consciousness of so doing, until the action results in the emotion subsiding. Road rage defendants or perpetrators often can give absolutely no account of why they did what they did, they just did it.

Cold fury (or cold rage) is more like seething. I'm capable of that, but even with seething, I've known people who are in that state (regarding some other person) for months, or years. We've had more than one person fired for cause from our college for attacking a colleague/another employee. These were professors and, well, one college president. I know the college president well. He's a seether, but he also told me that he has moments of "blind rage" (he doesn't remember lunging at the victims, or pounding on the table, or standing up with his fists clenched while screaming at an employee - I believe him, I've actually seen him do it, I just didn't figure he'd get all the way to fired for pounding on a table and knocking over a beverage container, among other similar incidents).

I think the shot to the head was coldly calculated and that he wanted her alive for the number of seconds it took him to tell her what he wanted to say - to complete his notion of personal justice and to make her absolutely as terrified and horrified and despairing as possible. I may be influenced by some other cases I've read about recently, but it did occur to me that he disabled her, put her down on the ground first. Surely she, like most mothers, thought she would run and intervene to save her son. She didn't have time to calculate what was going on, almost no one would be able to.

He blamed her for raising his loser, alcoholic, uncontrollable, felonious son - he didn't count on having a mini-me in the form of Paul. She was still sticking up for Paul, up until the end, and he was not having it. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually had the mindset of punishing her in exactly this way, which he had thought about frequently and coldly calculated.

Rage, to me, is a more immediate emotion that is a direct response to a specific circumstance - but if he was in a rage just minutes before (while dealing with the chicken), it didn't show - and I do understand that other people might think that he still could have been enraged for hours or days, but I find it hard to use the word that way.

Maybe we could call it habitual, controlled rage.

I think he's seething right now, btw. Intensely.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member