GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
CW is not getting the credit he deserves. He was masterful: choosing to let AM ramble on and on and then hitting him with the big lie which began from the get go on the 911 call and camera footage moments after LE first arrived on the scene. The only reason for AM to lie was because he knew the kill window and the manufactured alibis only helped the prosecution. The criticism was completely unfounded. People simply don’t seem to understand the psychology of family annihilators.

Law & Crime are still saying there's more to this. I really don't think so at this point, I wanted to believe it when it happened that there were 2 stranger shooters but the actions after that lead in another direction. He did it and it's sickening to think so but it's time to accept it. Judge was great!
I trust the jury got it right.

Law & Crime are still saying there's more to this. I really don't think so at this point, I wanted to believe it when it happened that there were 2 stranger shooters but the actions after that lead in another direction. He did it and it's sickening to think so but it's time to accept it. Judge was great!

BBM... very true.

The jury deliberated for less than three hours before finding Murdaugh guilty of two counts of murder at the end of a six-week trial.
Murdaugh, 54, faces 30 years to life in prison without parole when he is sentenced, which in South Carolina is typically right after the verdict but can be delayed if a judge chooses.

If Paul didn't do anything else in his life he nailed his killer with a video...... I love it.
Given everything, the Murdaugh household must have been horrible to grow up in. Were Buster and Paul given love and respect? Growing up with lies will suck the life out of you. Yes, Paul's actions were horrible but I think he suffered. JMO.
I bet it was hell. <modsnip: not victim friendly> Bless Paul and his snap chat account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all and thanks to the jury!
I second that -- you fellow Websleuths have been wonderful -- no matter your point of view! We are all in this together and try to respect differences of opinion. A special recognition to our masterful Train Engineer, Conductor, and Bar Car Host -- Edvis (apologies if I fouled up the spelling) -- you kept the train rolling and our spirits high (in more ways than one)!

I thought they’d reach a verdict fast, but I never imagined it would be this fast. Wasn’t worth it, was it Alex?
AM killed first for sympathy, and second for distraction to his financial crimes that he could pull a rabbit out of his very tall hat full of fixers.

A narc of his caliber needs attention like the rest need air to breathe. MM and PM were replaceable -- he believed he could easily find a younger model of MM, and another child with her if so inclined.

AM is cruel and so very dangerous. MOO

Never seen a judge comment right after a verdict so approvingly like that before, saying there was an overwhelming amount of evidence. And he is correct.

I think all that "reasonable doubt" chatter on the internets was coming from a lot of trial newbies. I'm guessing the Johnny Depp trial got some new people into trial watching, but they don't yet understand criminal trials and how you have to put a lot of time in to learn what the evidence is and also how to weigh it.

I'm grateful for this site where the members do know what's up.
I think because the immediate critique is usually, that was so fast.. insinuating they didn't take their duty seriously. I like that he encouraged them in this case because that was a lawyer and he took the stand. There could be an intimidation factor (look at comments saying as much.. someone paid one off or they had a plant in the jury, etc. ) I am glad he said something to them to let them know no matter what the talking heads are saying on TV or what comments they come across that they had enough evidence to find him guilty and not only enough, but an overwhelming amount.

I feel bad for everyone except AM. I feel bad that the kids were raised in a family that acted as if they were above the law and probably got mixed up in a whole host of things we don't even know about. I know some that I'd put in the "richy rich" category and some have used it for good, others we've seen on the news. I hope for Buster's sake that no matter how he was raised and whatever he's been a part of, he can use this as a fresh start and be better than he'd be if he was under AM's influence the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen