GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would even give victim impact statements besides Maggie’s sister?

Her friends, her sister, Paul's friends, his ex-partners, Blanca etc...
MM's parents are still alive right? They were at the time of her murder.

MM obit:

She was a member of Kappa Delta Sorority, and has kept in touch with many of these friends over the years.

Maggie is survived by her loving husband Richard Alexander Murdaugh (Alex), her oldest son Richard Alexander Murdaugh Jr. (Buster), her dear sister, Marian Branstetter Proctor (Bart), her parents Kennedy Hubbard Branstetter and Terry Lee Branstetter, her brothers-in-law, Randolph Murdaugh IV (Christy), John Marvin Murdaugh (Liz), her sister-in-law, Lynn Murdaugh Goette (Allen), and her many nieces and nephews (Libby, Hannah, Kennedy, Mills, Trey, Reeves, Mary Elizabeth, Caroline, Mary Marvin, Liza Grace and Randolph).

Maybe her parents.
I also respect if they want to continue grieving in private, knowing that nothing they could say in front of the world could affect AM.

How could it -- they loved AM and welcomed him in their home as a son, a brother, following the murders where he spent more time with them after gunning them down their daughter, sister, grandson, and nephew, than he ever did when it was important to his wife, MM.

Prayers for their healing and continued strength. x

MOO

Last edited:
I’ve always found it a bit odd when Prosecutors speak post-verdict and mention how “blood, sweat, and tears” went into building their murder case.

It’s minor but I’ve also thought the hugging and congrats like talk to one another after a verdict is also strange. No matter what, there’s no “winners” here. Two people lost their lives, one person was found legally responsible for their deaths, and countless friends, family, colleagues and anyone else who knows or knew of the Murdaugh family has their live forever changed in some way after all of this. And, of course, one man loses his freedom as a result of being found legally responsible for these heinous crimes. There are never any “winners” in homicide cases, there are “losers” all around. Always so tragic, and always so sad. JMOO.

Just saying that South Carolina folks are definitely smarter than folks in Florida or California.

I really think, given the speed of this verdict, was that AM testifying for himself was a bad move, and the defense request for the jury to go to Moselle was not any benefit either.

The icing on this cake, was the amazingly poor closing arguments by Griffin. He literally had several graphics that laid out how AM did the crime. I couldn't believe what I was watching!!!

I want to thank Edvis for the ample supply of gin and tonic, which is my celebration drink.

We WSers were right (with a few exceptions). Restores my faith in people.

Now, I'm believing that SC youtuber's poll that said 90% of the state thought AM was guilty. So proud of the actual prosecutor's office (and his press conference).

I thought for sure, though, that one person would hold out - at least temporarily. I am trying to temper my PollyAnna instincts.

But no, the jury deliberated...what...2 hours (accounting for filing into the room, getting water, getting started, handing around paper ballots). Surely it must have been unanimous from the first.

I do think that you all represented the core of American justice principles - unlike commenters on other venues. We rock.

Thanks, Trish, for setting up the structure of WS as it is. Lots of divergent opinions, room for hope and hopelessness. I had to get myself prepared for (yet another) spousal murder that was allowed to be legal.

But not this case.

IMO.

Last edited:
I second that -- you fellow Websleuths have been wonderful -- no matter your point of view! We are all in this together and try to respect differences of opinion. A special recognition to our masterful Train Engineer, Conductor, and Bar Car Host -- Edvis (apologies if I fouled up the spelling) -- you kept the train rolling and our spirits high (in more ways than one)!
It's a team effort and thank all of you as well and the chicken despite having his up's and downs. We all hung tight to what we believe and it showed along with the jurors who should take a bow, we salute you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member