GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where the 45 minutes is coming from.

The jury then watched a responding officer’s body camera video taken at the crime scene. The heart of their brief debate surrounded shotgun shells, which he said the not guilty voters put forward as evidence of Murdaugh's innocence. During trial, the defense suggested there were two triggermen but the prosecution maintained the only man who was in the position to commit the crime was Murdaugh.

It only took Moyer and the majority 45 minutes to turn the holdouts, he said.

Interesting that the juror who spoke out so far said the kennel video sealed his fate. He made no mention of the financial crimes aka motive. That was a REACH for sure and clearly it didn’t make an impression. I’m conflicted still bc I don’t feel like the state met it’s burden. But I also can’t imagine anyone else doing this - it just makes no sense either way. Why did he do it?? With Tex McIver I bought the financial motive but here it just doesn’t make sense!!
I know, Weki. I was tearful when the verdict came in -- Guilty! I was surprised by my own reaction, though, because I firmly believed that he was guilty.

Initially, back when he was first indicted, I didn't believe he could be guilty of such atrocity as murder. Even at the beginning of the trial, I had reasonable guilt. But once I found out that he was in that kennel video, that was all I needed! Still, I was sad because he committed the murders and effectively ended Paul and Maggie's lives, and his own. All for the love of money, position and power.

Interesting that the juror who spoke out so far said the kennel video sealed his fate. He made no mention of the financial crimes aka motive. That was a REACH for sure and clearly it didn’t make an impression. I’m conflicted still bc I don’t feel like the state met it’s burden. But I also can’t imagine anyone else doing this - it just makes no sense either way. Why did he do it?? With Tex McIver I bought the financial motive but here it just doesn’t make sense!!
If you look back over crimes were a guy leads a fake double life and it all starts to crumble down....they kill their loved ones. When you peel off all of the fancy noise around this case it comes down to that plus the addiction catalyst. So, in that way it's really not a reach.
And that being said, and I know all of that, like the juror as soon as I heard that voice on the snapchat vid I didn't need to hear anything else.
He was there and didn't want anyone to know, because he was the killer. Case closed. No need to really think about anything else.

I know, Weki. I was tearful when the verdict came in -- Guilty! I was surprised by my own reaction, though, because I firmly believed that he was guilty.

Initially, back when he was first indicted, I didn't believe he could be guilty of such atrocity as murder. Even at the beginning of the trial, I had reasonable guilt. But once I found out that he was in that kennel video, that was all I needed! Still, I was sad because he committed the murders and effectively ended Paul and Maggie's lives, and his own. All for the love of money, position and power.
Why do you think he did it?

ETA: Also, I don’t believe for 1 second he has a drug addiction. That reeks of a con man’s concoction to gain sympathy from the jury and public to help him with the financial crimes. And the murder charges. I can’t remember if there was any independent evidence that he was an addict? This is the one area where I agree with the state’s characterization of his sympathy seeking behavior.

Last edited:
Buster really gives off a snarky vibe and I hope it is a coping mechanism but in spite of that I pray he finds peace. The tragedy that is his life is sad. I have no doubt both families will rally around him. It comes down to the old fable and about good and evil - it depends on which side you feed.

The common denominator with these type of crimes is financial trouble, secret life (his financial crimes), threat of exposure, all those applied to AM. In my opinion they are wired different, have no real emotional connection with anyone, family is seen not as an individual but an extension of them to use as they need. A juror has given an interview an opined that AM never showed any remorse, fake tears, mostly just “ blew snot”, moo

Last night thoughts after conviction wandered over to hoping that AM will forgive himself for the wrongs that he’s done. He knows what he did. He can’t bring MM and PM back, but he can take accountability.

I also wonder if in death PM wanted to make AM’s wrong, a right, justice. After all it was “little detective” PM’s phone key evidence that came to light. PM’s way of letting his dad know at some point to maybe take responsibility for what happened… for what you did. Unlike the scene at the hospital after the boat crash. And probably for many other times while growing up there never was any discipline …only cover up … protect the family name. But, this time AM went too far with murder.

Justice prevailed for Maggie and Paul!

:)Of course this is speculation on my mind.
"And probably for many other times while growing up there never was any discipline …only cover up … protect the family name"

Well said!! Now time for justice for SS and GS!!!! :mad:

If you look back over crimes were a guy leads a fake double life and it all starts to crumble down....they kill their loved ones. When you peel off all of the fancy noise around this case it comes down to that plus the addiction catalyst. So, in that way it's really not a reach.
And that being said, and I know all of that, like the juror as soon as I heard that voice on the snapchat vid I didn't need to hear anything else.
He was there and didn't want anyone to know, because he was the killer. Case closed. No need to really think about anything else.

Your first paragraph is so true. From the beginning it all seemed obvious.. the typical powerplay over the love of mammon. I never put as much importance into the drugs taking the lead as others had. Underground mob and drug dealing crossed my mind often, but not the addiction as the lead.
Its just that the more powerful and rich ..... the greater the fall. And then we all get sucked in for the whole ride.

I was not impressed with SC AG Wilson giving himself props. Although his moving all around made me a nervous wreck Meadors was the closing VIP. He was powerful. And CW well he was the MVP! They worked as a team and took the victory as a team so many deserved praise. It was inappropriate for Wilson to pay his own back after he realized CW wasn’t going to. That’s not a good leader. It’s like he took on one public questioning part so he would be recognized. Helping your team doesn’t win you kudos, it should win the team accolades. He is already the boss, we get it! Sorry it rubbed me wrong.

Buster really gives off a snarky vibe and I hope it is a coping mechanism but in spite of that I pray he finds peace. The tragedy that is his life is sad. I have no doubt both families will rally around him. It comes down to the old fable and about good and evil - it depends on which side you feed.

He needs to spend more time with the Proctor family if they’ll have him.

Jmo

Some families divide after a tragedy and no longer see the offspring as the crime is too painful when both don’t agree with the verdict as I have seen.

Jmo

ETA: Also, I don’t believe for 1 second he has a drug addiction. That reeks of a con man’s concoction to gain sympathy from the jury and public to help him with the financial crimes. And the murder charges. I can’t remember if there was any independent evidence that he was an addict? This is the one area where I agree with the state’s characterization of his sympathy seeking behavior.
I never believed he had a drug addiction, either. I was always suspect of that claim. I still don't believe it. I think he did it primarily for money. He was losing everything. He was okay before the Beach catastrophe. Stealing to keep up the lifestyle -- that was okay with him -- no worries, as long as he wasn't found out. But with Paul's boating fiasco, and when his thieving ways and despicable ethics were discovered by his peers -- the stuff hit the fan for him. His "fine character" and standing in the community was going to be lost, too. It was humiliating, he was backed into a corner. He retaliated by killing Paul (who had become a big problem in his life), and Maggie (whom he regarded as a nag).

I’m so glad to see this! I was so unsure how the jury would vote! The media made it sound like the State didn’t do their job. Justice for Maggie and Paul!

My heart sinks for Buster though. He’s got a hard time ahead of him.
Definitely. Buster may need to move to another state, change his name and dye his hair. Escape the "legacy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie