GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get so tired of these talking heads always trying to find an angle too push back on. AM can stand up there and take the heat of Newman‘s fabulous sentencing. Sentence was appropriate moo
turn them off! :) I found it interesting that the judge said others who have done less (maybe only one victim) were sentenced to death. IMO, he inferred from his statement this certainly was a DP case, but of course, I think we all can imagine why the state did not seek it.

Is it true that federal prison is “nicer” than state prison? If AM is convicted on federal charges does that give him the opportunity to move to a federal prison?

If I were a juror, I would definitely not speak to the media. But I might speak to an author at some point. Lots of factors to consider in that decision, tho.
Same. I'd grant interviews, but would not appear on camera. That's also a personality thing, though.

So the juror who spoke out said he was sitting close enough to see that there were no tears coming out of AM’s eyes on the stand and that he was just blowing snot out of his nose!!! Wow. I couldn’t really see but I did see the snot dripping from his nose.

I hope in subsequent interviews about this case somebody asks Rogan or others if Paw Paw was a common nickname used. I know it’s a small detail, not relevant to the evidence but dang I’m curious if he made that up for the witness stand which it appears to me he did. Hearing him use it today made my skin crawl Moo
I believe his brother John Marvin was asked about nicknames and that he said Paw Paw was occasionally used by several family members.

Maggie‘s sister testified on the stand, that she believed in his innocence until the roadside shooting then things started to change". I do not believe she thinks he is innocent, I understand her maintaining her privacy, which she has done throughout this trial. If she is at peace with not making her feelings public, I am OK with that. In today’s social media environment I think sometimes the less said the better, no telling what it opens you up to making yourself visible. As far as Alex’s sisters and brothers if they do feel, I know that he did it. I don’t think they would ever say that publicly or say anything that they would view shaming the family. MOO
given what seems to go on in "low country" I don't blame her for not wanting to get up there again. There are shady actors associated with AM and I would think Buster would want to get as far away as possible

Alec had an opportunity to ask for mercy from the court, to tell his first truth.

But how can you confess to the lies when you yourself are the lie?

The judge was reasonable, tempered, fair.

Alec earned his two life sentences and he earned them consecutively.

jmo
at this point AM is convinced in his own head he is not guity and will appeal. He cannot confess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130