GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll def be on ALERT for anything going on with that family. I saw that SLED said they would go after whoever aided AM in this. That will be wild in itself for sure. Looking forward. Must mean ridding the gun, bloody outfit anything he requested. Hoping too for justice for Steven Smith and Mrs. Satterfield, those both are being further looked into, with Mrs. S even being exhumed. Someone in law there means business.
Now that AM has been convicted for Maggie & Paul's murders, SLED is moving on to investigate "three other deaths" linked to him/his family:

3 deaths potentially linked to the Murdaugh family remain unsolved

Alex also wanted right away to plant the seed to SLED that the killings were related to the boat crash.

I was hoping RM would step to Buster's side to offer a fatherly shoulder but it seems RM wants nothing to do with this tragedy. JJM and Buster seemed close during the trial but they weren't together when the verdict came in so that was noted.

It is possible that shock and trauma, PTSD, has kept Buster from being able to either complete law studies or pursue gainful and fulfilling employment. Perhaps he needed for the trial to end so he could gather remaining pieces of his life and begin creating new memories without his parents and brother beside him. We expect most men to be strong Alpha Males when they're only humans.

It is my hope that with funds from selling Moselle, along with whatever generosity the M family sees fit to extend to Buster will be taken and carefully used to spend a modest but honest life near the ocean with peace. Get married. Raise a family.
Lets hold on the happy ending until Stephen Smith is settled...

Just a question. If Maggie's phone was in Alex's car wouldn't the onstar or bluetooth show it was in there?
So, I think that would depend on if she ever connected her phone to his car via bluetooth. Also, I can only speak on my own vehicle (which is a 2016 Highlander) but I am the primary user in my vehicle. My husband's phone does not connect to my car if my phone is in my car as I am the primary user. Not sure how it would've worked in his car.

I’m hung up on his use of “intentionally”. I believe in his twisted mind, he thinks something caused him to HAVE to kill them which was just purely an unfortunate circumstance. Otherwise, he surely would have never ever have intentionally hurt them otherwise. Is it the pressure of money as we suspect, pressure from unknown persons, MM and or PM. Idk, but something made June 7 the DAY he truly flipped his lid.
I just watched the sentencing, he didn't use the word 'intentionally'. He said "never, under any circumstances". Full stop. But, many people will lie to save themselves from jail, and he's a habitual liar.

I'm glad the judge said the obvious thing: maybe he was a 'different man', because of the 60-odd opiod pills he was taking daily. On that particularly bad day, who knows how many he'd downed.

JMO

Just a question. If Maggie's phone was in Alex's car wouldn't the onstar or bluetooth show it was in there?
No. Phones need to be paired to another device for bluetooth to function. Otherwise every time you ride with a friend or in an Uber your phone would end up linked to the car's mobile entertainment system.

Hopefully, the stranglehold that this family held over justice in the 14th circuit has crumbled and LE will be able to do its job without fear of the family (or will be deprived of whatever incentives the family provided).
I missed the part about LE being fearful of the family or of any mention of incentives to LE from the family.

I know AM, stole from the law from and clients. But I've not heard LE state or accuse AM of incentives. If LE has excepted incentives, surely a mistrial will be called.
MOO...

IMO. On the night of the murders, SLED was outnumbered by the many guests invited by AM. These guests were there for one pupose: to protect AM at all costs. It wouldn't surprise me if AM confessed to one or more what he had done.
also, protocols for 911 calls should be refined. 911 operator did ask if he touched the deceased, but when he said he wanted get off and get and gun and call family members to the scene, she should have vehemently discouraged that from happening. and say NO! wait until LE arrives and be guided by them. of course, once there LE should have ordered everyone where to be, and NOT IN THE HOUSE. really simple, being that they had a crime scene, but had no knowledge of what if anything could have occurred in the house.

you are not alone...I have never heard of a crime scene released that fast and the house where Blanca went in to put things in order "just like Maggie would want". I think SLED was still at this point extending AM and family "professional courtesies" that few others would get. I think the right verdict was reached but boy that investigation was questionable. I see SLED taking victory laps now in front of the courthouse but seriously they need to review and clean up their protocols and they need to be followed no matter who the victims and suspects are.

Yeah, and it's quite ironic that the defense tried to use the incomplete investigation as a point in their favor, when that benefitted Alex from the beginning. DH was even still talking about faraday cages today. He's lucky we didn't have Maggie's GPS data, it would have only made the case easier. There was no forensic data at all that pointed away from Alex. Some of it was neutral to his guilt, but nothing was exculpatory.

He doesn't care at all. Truly Evil! Alex loves Alex, and no one else. He uses everyone around him, cons them into submission. I am disappointed that no one felt they needed to voice their sadness, loss, anger. I am shocked.
Remember that there are still outstanding questions about Ms. Satterfield, who supposedly 'fell' down the stairs at their house, And the young gay classmate of Buster's who was killed and left in the roadway has not been solved either. Buster had an extra Driver's License made so that Paul could use it to get booze when he wished. He is no innocent here in my mind. Don't be surprised if all kinds of new cases come from information learned while investigating this and the financial crimes of AM. As Judge Newman said, "When will it end?" MOO
Gloria Satterfield fell UP the stairs -- which makes her "accident" even more suspicious. However, before AM's trial began, I did hear "a news source" (can't remember which one) state that the family of Gloria Satterfield did not believe that foul play was involved in her accident.

[ETA: I did find this FitsNews link, but that's not where I "heard" it.]
New Details Emerge About Gloria Satterfield’s Death: Did she trip?

"When she fell ascending the front stairs at the Murdaughs’ Moselle home (or was it their Holly Street house?) in Colleton County (or was it Hampton?), Gloria was tripped (or pushed?) by either Bubba, Bourbon, Blue or Sassy — or maybe it was none of them."

[Quote from Eric Bland, Satterfield family's attorney, from the same article]
“'It’s a fact — and now a universal truth — that Alex Murdaugh is a despicable human being and doesn’t think and act like a normal law-abiding citizen and ethical attorney,' Satterfield family [attorney] Eric Bland said Wednesday. 'However do I think that [AM] had a hand in Gloria Satterfield’s death or there was foul play? The answer is no. Nonetheless, I do firmly believe that he used her accidental death as a vehicle to enrich himself and his best friend Cory Fleming.'”

;)

Local LE were/are all buddies of the Murdaughs. Many favors and monies exchanged between them all. MOO
This would be cause for mistrial. LE and AM would all be prosecuted.

I just don't remember seeing this in MSM.
MOO...

I missed the part about LE being fearful of the family or of any mention of incentives to LE from the family.

I know AM, stole from the law from and clients. But I've not heard LE state or accuse AM of incentives. If LE has excepted incentives, surely a mistrial will be called.
MOO...
It’s been well talked about and alluded to, not by the court, but parties associated with some of the Murdaugh cases. Watch the documentaries and listen to former acquaintances and locals associated with the Murdaugh family.

It does happen. I know some people would like to believe it doesn’t, but money talks and incentives are appealing to some. It’s a reality.

MOO...
There was testimony from one of his son's friends that he was employed as a runner for the firm for a time and that one of his jobs was to cash (lots of) checks. He testified about an occasion when he walked into Alex's office and Alex had envelopes of money and the Police Chief of a neighboring town was in the office.

But beyond possible bribes, the family has been literally in charge of justice in the 14th circuit for 100 years. Alex himself carried two solicitor's office badges -- one assistant, and one associate. I highly recommend the Murdaugh Murders podcast, which is recorded by a local SC investigative journalist who has been researching and writing about the Murdaughs for four years. The crimes he has committed were enabled by a system that gave his family a lot of cover and there's a lot of nuance involved in understanding the systemic factors that almost enabled him to get away with these crimes.

I was talking to family in UK and my brother wondered if they checked RM3's gravesite! He was buried within days of the murders and I believe it was on the same date of his funeral that AM showed up with the raincoat and took it upstairs.
Your brother and I think alike! I posted just a bit ago that I'd not be surprised if the guns were buried with RM3 because (1) AM would have the gall to do such a thing, and (2) AM would know that there would be substantial opposition to retrieving them from the grave of, not just a Murdaugh, but one who had been honored with The Order of the Palmetto.

I just watched the sentencing, he didn't use the word 'intentionally'. He said "never, under any circumstances". Full stop. But, many people will lie to save themselves from jail, and he's a habitual liar.

I'm glad the judge said the obvious thing: maybe he was a 'different man', because of the 60-odd opiod pills he was taking daily. On that particularly bad day, who knows how many he'd downed.

JMO
True, no intentional today- but on many, many other days. Who knows, just hypothesizing- can’t get fully into that kind of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy