GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t ones instinct to use your hands to help your fall. Falling up is odd. I didn’t know that
Its always been said that she fell up steps then down steps, IDK what the final result was. I can see her being pushed with such force that she hit the lower steps and concrete with her head before she could break her fall with her hands. If she fell down a flight of stairs and landed with force, her lower back, her ribs, neck and head would hit at the same time. IMO

Dang, So LE testified that AM was paying off the police. At the trial and no one was concerned, or ask who the officers excepting kick backs were? I would think the SAG, would be all over this.

Do you remember about when in the trial?
I never said no one was concerned. I suspect very strongly that the reason the prosecutor even knew to ask the question is that they have information about other crimes that will be prosecuted separately. MOO.

I find it interesting that the AM always called the brothers and never the sister when he was in a tight spot and yet she seems to be his biggest champion.
I noticed she sits apart from her brothers and Buster for the most part
Not seeing the family camaraderie but sure did see her slip the book to defense for Alex

Now that the trial is over I am still left wondering whatever happened to those guns and if we will ever find out. I also think at some point another shoe will drop concerning this family.
All my minuscule mind can think of is that there are a lot of swamps, marshes, creeks, waterways, and tidal areas around there.

MO.

Watched the podcast? Lawd I am confused. But let's just stick to the facts and revisit the sworn testimony of Colleton County police officer Nolen Tuten.
Thanks, I go back and try to find this.

It certainly gives me pause, on a personal level. I lived in a town with a crooked Sheriff, spoke of it many times. I was involved in taking him down.

I also own beach property in SC, it is very disturbing to thing I drive very close to this area, with LE taking incentives.
MOO...

MOO...

I addressed this multiple thread ago but I'll try to shorten my thoughts on it. Moselle is a HUGE property in the middle of nowhere. It would have taken a lot of manpower to rope off the entire property. The 1st responders put up crime scene tape around the immediate area of the crime scene within the 1st 1/2 hr 45 minutes of showing up at the property. If you look at the drone footage the house is quite a distance from the crime scene. Nothing in those 1st hours pointed to the house being a part of the crime scene. Also Convicted Murderer Alex had called in practically every lawyer friend he could who immediately showed up at the house and started occupying it as a sort of command center for Convicted Murderer Alex to deal with the entire thing before the police could even get up there. They were busy securing the scene at the kennels and investigating the immediate crime scene. In a perfect world and in hindsight yes, they probably should have not let anyone in the house. Unfortunately having all those lawyers present and because of the power that Convicted Murderer Alex had, there was sadly some intimidation. SLED got their warrant but by that time, they didn't need it because they were invited to look around. ( All things considered it didn't really matter anyway as nothing in the house really helped the prosecution ot the defendant.)

As far as the crime scene being processed, SLED had investigators out there all night and the next day. They photographed and video taped the entire scene. I don't know what else they needed to do. They got their primary investigation of the scene and documented it. It is not their job to clean up the crime scene. And again, we are talking about a remote area. LE does not have the manpower to dedicate to an already processed crime scene. They got what they needed and left. They have other things they need to dedicate their time and effort to besides this case.

And this can be flipped right back at the defense as their crime scene investigators didn't go to the crime scene until a day or two of being called to the witness stand. How could they learn anything from a scene where the crime was done over 2 years ago? Yet they did and offered an opinion.

You neighbor got her car seized and the police got their info they needed while it was at the impound yard. It's a lot easier to secure a car and get to it when they can while they have the car. It's not the same thing as a many acre farm in Moselle. Big difference.
I realize how large Moselle is, and I appreciate your detailed post, but I am still mind boggled that the kennel area was not scoured for evidence more thoroughly after two people were murdered. Two people were gunned down and by the next day - the area was released. I would have thought they would have looked more thoroughly for evidence. I am 100 percent pro law enforcement, so I am not trying to speak negatively about them, I am trying to understand why it was realized so soon.

Yes, but in his statements at sentencing wasn’t the other qualifier from the defendant ‘hurt’?

I don’t believe that the defendant has ever uttered the words kill or murder? I could be quite wrong.

During the trial I believe he interjected ‘intentionally’ on occasion.

IMO
Very good point.

Like how people shoot animals, claiming they are putting them out of their misery.

JMO

He also cashed checks for Murdaugh. He would take the checks to Palmetto State Bank, get cash, and bring the cash to Murdaugh. Sometimes when he would bring the cash back, other people were in the office. Once the Yemmasee Police Chief was there, once Cory Fleming was there, and once Chris Wilson was there.

In July of 2021, Tuten drove Murdaugh to the airport for a vacation to the Florida Keys with Maggie’s family. On the ride, Tuten says Murdaugh told him he wanted to clear Paul’s name and beat the boat case.

OOps, I may be getting 48 hours and Dateline confused... or maybe they're all doing the Murdaughs tonight :)
Yes, and I wonder if Dateline producers are scrambling to add a modifying ending to tonight’s show? Or maybe there will be one or two scrolled gold lettering qualifiers with the past two day’s happenings.

IMO.

I know the funeral home people stand around 'off to the side' waiting for all to leave. The cemetery workers are way off somewhere, waiting. I'd think the casket is all set once it leaves the funeral home to stay closed. Thinking though, I bet if that did happen, bury the rifle or whatever gun it was, it was all broken down maybe and could of been said, I'd like to bury this little bundle with Dad I brought here and forgot to give it to you at the funeral home, can I just pop the lid a minute? AGAIN, just imagination/ possibilities, but that means LE will have to exhume that. I imagine they looked while back , but I think I never heard of where they looked or if they did in all this. Septics/ were mentioned as well, but that would be the first place probably as that IS a place criminals toss things into.
When my uncle recently passed we had all kinds of things in his casket, as well as plenty of private time to have put anything in there that no one would have known about. And we are nobody.

Thanks, I go back and try to find this.

It certainly gives me pause, on a personal level. I lived in a town with a crooked Sheriff, spoke of it many times. I was involved in taking him down.

I also own beach property in SC, it is very disturbing to thing I drive very close to this area, with LE taking incentives.
MOO...

MOO...
You're welcome. But the rest of the influence is a lot more subtle and entrenched because of the influence that the family holds over that small corner of the state. I assume you watched Miss Shelley's testimony. She was terrified. She testified that he tried to get her to confirm that he was at his parents' house for twice the length of time that he was there. Then he (IMO pointedly, knowing that she would know exactly what he was getting at) said her upcoming wedding was probably expensive and that maybe he could help her out with the expenses... and then mentioned that he knew her boss at her day job... which I believe was the old mobster carrot/stick workover. That's how the family operated - sometimes subtly and with plausible deniability. Which was calculated exactly to make it difficult to call out, even though people knew what messages they were receiving.

Yup. He, unlike most murder defendants, was very comfortable talking in front of a jury. I am always interested in why a murder defendant decides to take the stand, sometimes against their attorney's advice, because it is rare when they chose to do this.

Defense attorney Dick Harpootlian stood by putting Alex Murdaugh on the stand during the trial.

"There was no choice, because he had been made out to be a monster ... he had to try to push back on that," Harpootlian said. "Without taking the stand, he was toast."

"He had to take the stand to explain the video," he said, referring to the cellphone video placing Alex Murdaugh at the scene minutes before the murders.

Harpootlian said the prosecution focused on Alex Murdaugh's character, casting him as a thief and a liar.
"This jury had to think he was a despicable human being and not to be believed. So it was about character, wasn't about motive," he said.

Harpootlian said he wouldn't change anything about how the defense presented its case.
Harpootlian said the defense will file an appeal in 10 days.

No doubt, if Mr Murdaugh hadn’t confessed during direct questioning from his defence team, he would have faced a grilling by prosecutors about why he lied about being at the kennels that night.

Mr Murdaugh was confronted by his defence attorney Jim Griffin about the murders and his fake alibi as soon as he took the stand.
And with taking the stand he was grilled cheese. He should have stuck with toast...shorter cooking time.

So, how did Brian K.'s (Idaho 4 ) pair with the bluetooth of a speaker in the house?
Unless BK specifically did something to pair with the speaker it just wouldn't happen automatically. Usually there's a button on the speaker you press to do the initial pairing.

I haven't been following that case very closely, but I did some googling. This seems to be mostly speculation or rumor that's being reported. There's nothing in the arrest affidavit or any subsequent communication by law enforcement that mentions it.

I suspect it's one of those things that gets reported, but that we'll never hear about once the trial gets underway. We've certainly had a few of those in the Murdaugh case.

I never said no one was concerned. I suspect very strongly that the reason the prosecutor even knew to ask the question is that they have information about other crimes that will be prosecuted separately. MOO.
I certainly hope to see this soon. As an out of state owner, every time I'm stopped for any reason, LE states "you know you'll have to post bail for a traffic ticket". SC LE scare the dicken out of me.

I was in this area Sat-Wed. Sister and I, just couldn' t stay away. We saw AM, the family, all of them heading into court house Mon-Wed. Sat on the next to last row, saw AM's testimony.

All my humble opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member