GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being on virtual jury duty for 6 weeks, I have no idea what to do with my free time now
1f923.png

I know #justiceforGannon trial is coming up so will wait for that to start !!
Cook meals and freeze in preparation now so there is no interruption of life duties as we watch that chick go down.

i would guess many are still divided on what he said about "I did them so bad" vs "They did them so bad". I heard I in the playback at normal speed...on the slower playback it was not so clear and could have been either. I will always think he slipped and said I. He has relatively few slips for someone taking that number of pills. That night I found the repeated asking if they are dead interesting...it was more in a tone of I just want to make sure and seemed nervous that one would survive and talk. Also bringing up the boat within minutes of LE arrival. Come on.
“Then it’s official that they’re dead?” What, like he needed reassurance? I think Paul was obvious, but did he need confirmation about Maggie just in case?

That “I/they did him so bad” statement doesn’t lead me anywhere. It’s unclear, could be either. JMO.

i would guess many are still divided on what he said about "I did them so bad" vs "They did them so bad". I heard I in the playback at normal speed...on the slower playback it was not so clear and could have been either. I will always think he slipped and said I. He has relatively few slips for someone taking that number of pills. That night I found the repeated asking if they are dead interesting...it was more in a tone of I just want to make sure and seemed nervous that one would survive and talk. Also bringing up the boat within minutes of LE arrival. Come on.
If my memory serves me correctly, he told 911 they were dead then when the officers arrived he asked on 2 different occasions if they were dead. Jeeze! Dead is dead...he obviously forgot what he told 911...There are times it reallt sounded like I did them so bad and other times I listened and it sounded like they. Throw in the drawl and for this non-southern girl, it could have been either.

I watched Mark Tinsley's testimony again after watching the Dateline and 20/20 specials. I think he really was key. He knew what pressure he was placing on Alex to hand over finacials. I can't recall if it was his testimony or his comments in one of the specials I watched, but there was a confrontation at some lawyer gathering where Alex walked up and basically asked him why he wasn't just going through the insurance. So Alex thought like in the past it would be the insurance that would payout and he wouldn't have to hand over any money or disclose his $$ situation. Mark knew Alex personally so he knew he wasn't broke. He knew that insurance money was not enough, it wasn't going to hurt Alex and hold him accountable for what happened so he pushed harder. I really think that pushing is what lead Alex to do what he did. I am not saying it's Mark's fault, I'm saying that without that pressure, Alex had time to continue stealing and covering it up. So Mark really was key in being able to tell LE EXACLY why Alex would have killed them. Many said because there was no life insurance, then there is no financial motive. WRONG and Mark Tinsley knew that!

I don't think it was about hiding drugs that day and I don't think he snapped. I think there was planning involved -- getting them both to Moselle and then seemingly not being happy that Maggie stopped for a pedicure, thereby delaying her arrival. I think her delay threw his plans off. To get them down to the kennels he probably wanted her to get home with a fair amount of daylight still left. With her getting home late, I think he rushed them through dinner to get them to the kennels. Also, the later it happened the more suspicious his visit to his mother would be. Despite his mistakes, he got too many things right (weapons and clothes disposal) for me to think he did this in the heat of the moment. JMO.

I was wondering idly today if maybe Alex's original plans was to kill Paul and Maggie on the sunflower trip earlier in the evening. Maggie's late pedicure threw those plans off, which was really frustrating for him because now he's going to have to go to his mom's much later to establish his alibi and risk it being so late as to be ridiculous. If he had been able to get over to his mom's earlier, he could have had a nice long visit--which in his mind would make a much longer timeline for when they were possibly killed.

Or was it going to be a "let's all ride together to look at the sunflowers and THEN we'll go swing by the kennels," with the attack taking place at the kennels like we saw?

l
I was wondering idly today if maybe Alex's original plans was to kill Paul and Maggie on the sunflower trip earlier in the evening. Maggie's late pedicure threw those plans off, which was really frustrating for him because now he's going to have to go to his mom's much later to establish his alibi and risk it being so late as to be ridiculous. If he had been able to get over to his mom's earlier, he could have had a nice long visit--which in his mind would make a much longer timeline for when they were possibly killed.

Or was it going to be a "let's all ride together to look at the sunflowers and THEN we'll go swing by the kennels," with the attack taking place at the kennels like we saw?
very likely, makes sense with the unusual late night visit.

I also wonder what Rogan's feelings were towards Alex right before the shootings. I wonder because while Rogan heard Maggie in the background of the phone call and texted her to poke Paul when Paul didn't respond....he had also heard Alex in the background and didn't text him after both Maggie and Paul didn't respond. Is there a simple reason, like he didn't have Alex's number (kinda doubt it, everyone there seemed to have everyone's friend's & family's numbers)? Or had he been hearing rumblings from Paul indicated things were strained with Alex recently? Or is it even as basic as that while he didn't hear an argument in the background of the phone call when he could hear Alex (I'm assuming he didn't or they would have brought it up at trial), he could hear tension in Paul/Alex/Maggie's tones and just felt uneasy with Alex?

most poignant during sentencing something I forgot:

Judge N referred to a "Notice of Alibi" submitted to the state in Nov 2022 and had a pretrial hearing about it and refers AM to it. It was significant enough for the Judge to mention it at sentencing because it was submitted to the court in writing, and only changed course when witnesses were presented. when do the lies end (paraphrase), Judge N laments referring to MA's sentencing statement to the court he is innocent.

its a pretty wild ride when an alibi is demolished by proving it to be constructed right at the moment of the 911 call and a judge pointing out the bogus alibi motion.:eek:

9:00

If maggie had seen an attorney about a divorce, i would think that attorney could NOT step forward and announce that. Lawyer client privilege extends beyond death. i am citing the Charles Stewart case in Massachusetts many years ago.http://masscases.com/cases/sjc/408/408mass480.html

Conversations between a client and attorney are covered under client privilege but confirming an appointment is not deemed privileged communication. For example, at the recent preliminary hearing of Larry Millete, his missing wife (Maya) consulted a divorce attorney for an appointment and this was testified to at his hearing.

Also, recalling a sound bite of DH responding to media that they checked with all the divorce lawyers in two counties and no truth to a rumor that he blamed on the State.

I don't think it was about hiding drugs that day and I don't think he snapped. I think there was planning involved -- getting them both to Moselle and then seemingly not being happy that Maggie stopped for a pedicure, thereby delaying her arrival. I think her delay threw his plans off. To get them down to the kennels he probably wanted her to get home with a fair amount of daylight still left. With her getting home late, I think he rushed them through dinner to get them to the kennels. Also, the later it happened the more suspicious his visit to his mother would be. Despite his mistakes, he got too many things right (weapons and clothes disposal) for me to think he did this in the heat of the moment. JMO.
Agree, there was forethought and planning for the reasons you stated

If my memory serves me correctly, he told 911 they were dead then when the officers arrived he asked on 2 different occasions if they were dead. Jeeze! Dead is dead...he obviously forgot what he told 911...There are times it reallt sounded like I did them so bad and other times I listened and it sounded like they. Throw in the drawl and for this non-southern girl, it could have been either.
I am a southern girl with the accent to go with it. I agree, listened to it several times and sometimes it sounded like I and sometimes it sounded like they.

I would also think that Maggie would have discussed marriage issues with her sister, but maybe not. Maggie did not tell her sister that in 2016 she had made her executor of her estate, MP found out after her death. I wonder if she did not disclose this to her because she would have to explain why assets were being shielded, had to be in her name. This leaves me open to the possibility that there were subjects that she did not want to discuss or share. Moo
MM's will naming MP as her executor was dated 2005, not 2016. There's evidence that MM intended to revise this but never did (i.e., crossed out sister and named RM3). As the sister's relationship matured, I believe MP that MM told her everything. JMO

I also wonder what Rogan's feelings were towards Alex right before the shootings. I wonder because while Rogan heard Maggie in the background of the phone call and texted her to poke Paul when Paul didn't respond....he had also heard Alex in the background and didn't text him after both Maggie and Paul didn't respond. Is there a simple reason, like he didn't have Alex's number (kinda doubt it, everyone there seemed to have everyone's friend's & family's numbers)? Or had he been hearing rumblings from Paul indicated things were strained with Alex recently? Or is it even as basic as that while he didn't hear an argument in the background of the phone call when he could hear Alex (I'm assuming he didn't or they would have brought it up at trial), he could hear tension in Paul/Alex/Maggie's tones and just felt uneasy with Alex?

I didn’t think he RG received it, why he was texting Paul & Maggie, and was sleeping when AM texted.

Jmo

At 7:05:55 PM Alex sent message to "Maggie Mae" stating "Paul said u were getting pedi !! Call when u done"

I have always wondered about the 2 exclammation points after pedi. IMO it shows that Alex was indeed stressed about money because If I had receieved a message like this from my husband the 2 exclamation points after pedi would signal to me that he was pissed I was spending money we didn't have. It reminds me of a few messages I sent to my son when he was first away at college regarding his $100 a week fast food purchases because we had agreed he would eat a few meals in the cafeteria and he would follow the agreed upon fast food budget.

(I edited this post to remove the extra screenshot photos attached to the link to Cathy Russon's tweet, in doing so it removed the link to the pedi message tweet. If anyone wants the link to the tweet I can post it seperately)

View attachment 407147

I doubt the exclamation punctuation had anything to do with the cost of a pedicure but was in response to MM saying she was delayed at her doctor's appointment but coming home and AM learned (from PM) the delay was actually a pit stop for her foot massage. JMO

Wow, would you have the video? Did they show at the trial?
IMO, JMM and Buster are removing guns from the residence (released to the family in record time) with the blessing of SLED who were also on the property at this time per the drone video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend