SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another articles breaking down the charges.

Greenville news opens in a different browser - must be limited reads before a subscription is needed.

In any case, regarding the video where Alex says: "my wife and child have been shot badly", badly is the word that does not belong. It's like saying actually.

What did Alex and his Spanish speaking employee; who acted as a legal translator during financial settlements, do? How were two other employees involved? Did the translator profit, or was she complicit in exchange for other favours?

"Orangeburg attorneys Glenn Walters Sr. and Korey L. Williams filed a lawsuit in Hampton County on Oct. 7 on behalf of one of Murdaugh’s alleged victims, Mexican citizen Manuel Santis-Cristiani, naming Murdaugh and his former law firm, Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth & Detrick, and two of its associates, Ronnie Crosby and William Barnes."​
...​
However, an Oct. 25 court filing on behalf of PMPED, Ronnie Crosby and William Barnes disputes the lawsuit’s allegations and asks for the suit against the PMPED parties to be dismissed with prejudice. it also asks the court to consider sanctions against Walters and Williams for filing the suit."​

Ronnie Crosby testified. I recall he was yelled at by Defense Counsel.

Moment Alex Murdaugh defence attorney shouts at his friend of 25 years

Tensions reached boiling point when Mr Harpootlian went as far as to suggest that Mr Crosby was testifying against Mr Murdaugh because he is angry with him about the stolen money.

“If you’re implying that I would come in here and somehow shade truth in any way because of that, I would take high offence with that, Mr Harpootlian,” said Mr Crosby.

This prompted Mr Harpootlian to launch into shouting at the state’s witness and scoffing at the notion that he does not feel anger towards Mr Murdaugh.

Greenville news opens in a different browser - must be limited reads before a subscription is needed.

In any case, regarding the video where Alex says: "my wife and child have been shot badly", badly is the word that does not belong. It's like saying actually.

What did Alex and his Spanish speaking employee; who acted as a legal translator during financial settlements, do? How were two other employees involved? Did the translator profit, or was she complicit in exchange for other favours?

"Orangeburg attorneys Glenn Walters Sr. and Korey L. Williams filed a lawsuit in Hampton County on Oct. 7 on behalf of one of Murdaugh’s alleged victims, Mexican citizen Manuel Santis-Cristiani, naming Murdaugh and his former law firm, Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth & Detrick, and two of its associates, Ronnie Crosby and William Barnes."​
...​
However, an Oct. 25 court filing on behalf of PMPED, Ronnie Crosby and William Barnes disputes the lawsuit’s allegations and asks for the suit against the PMPED parties to be dismissed with prejudice. it also asks the court to consider sanctions against Walters and Williams for filing the suit."​

From her testimony at trial, I believe we learned she was military, left that career to be home with her five children. She was something of an advocate and a liaison/translator between members of the Spanish-speaking community and legal counsel with Alec.

She indicated she was "bored" at home, if I recall correctly, and filled in as housekeeper and IMO a jane-of-all-trades for the Murdsugh household. Everything about her reads decent, honest, above board, straight-forward, sincere and utterly betrayed by Alec.

JMO

Tensions reached boiling point when Mr Harpootlian went as far as to suggest that Mr Crosby was testifying against Mr Murdaugh because he is angry with him about the stolen money.

“If you’re implying that I would come in here and somehow shade truth in any way because of that, I would take high offence with that, Mr Harpootlian,” said Mr Crosby.

This prompted Mr Harpootlian to launch into shouting at the state’s witness and scoffing at the notion that he does not feel anger towards Mr Murdaugh.

He was good! He knew DH game and wasn’t going to be silenced. He’s the one that DH said ‘is no hog expert’ and he corrected DH. While he wasn’t a professional hog expert, he was very knowledgeable and had killed over 200 (I think).

I think Alex will ask Buster to hand over all the money he has access to in order for Alex to pursue appeals, and to pay lawyers for the financial trials. Alex will expect his siblings to provide for Buster.

I recall that Buster received $500k from the estate so far, and perhaps there is more from his grandfather's estate after his grandmother passes.
BM may need it for his own legal fees if he is in trouble for SS case or in MB case with his ID given to PM

BM may need it for his own legal fees if he is in trouble for SS case or in MB case with his ID given to PM
Hopefully the gossip is nothing more than a misunderstanding that can be easily cleared up. Stephen Smith's manner of death is in dispute (accident or murder). Two months after the Moselle murders, Stephen Smith's death investigation was re-opened based on something related to the murders. Inquiring minds ...

The only common denominator is Buster, same age same high school. Stephen's mother (Netflix) said that shortly before his death Stephen mentioned a new friend who was going to take him deep sea fishing. Could be anyone.

Stephen's car broke down on his way home, near Moselle (15 minutes, 10 miles). Buster did not typically stay at Moselle, but I don't know where he was on the night Stephen died. If Buster was at Moselle, it's possible that Stephen phoned him after running out of gas. Buster was most likely not at Moselle based on trial testimony, in my humble opinion. Police must be looking into Buster's phone records that night. Alex too, maybe his cousin Eddie too.

What's unusual is that Stephen left his wallet in his vehicle. People don't usually voluntarily do that. That could suggest that something happened to Stephen while he was driving on that stretch of road, where he pulled over, he was taken, he left his wallet, his gas was tampered with and he was found 2 miles down the road towards his home. His mother said that he would have walked through the trees rather than along the road.

Randy Murdaugh was at the crime scene before the family was notified. He offered to take control at no cost. A lot of coincidences.

Attachments

• 1678596769578.png
    1678596769578.png
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • 1678597403721.png
    1678597403721.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Let's suppose that Stephen ran out of gas on the highway, parked his car, left his wallet, left the gas cap dangling and walked West into the forest because he knew he was 4 miles from home.

Where was his phone? He didn't phone anyone when he had car trouble?

Maybe he phoned a friend and started walking? If so, what time? Who lives on the properties that he cut through that night?

Attachments

• 1678599433535.png
    1678599433535.png
    874.2 KB · Views: 10
I smiled when I read this because this whole time (june7th till now) this paper has not printed all of the happening and seemed to me anyway that they didn’t want to talk to negatively about AM. It’s like their upset with the guilty verdict.

Jmo

Murdaugh has been placed in a single cell at Kirkland Correctional Institution in Columbia, South Carolina, a high-security state prison, according to The Independent. He has been separated from other prison inmates due to concerns that he might be attacked.

He is also currently under constant surveillance from prison officials and only comes into contact with other inmates when he briefly leaves his cell.

Murdaugh will stay 45 days in the high-security prison while authorities gather additional background information and conduct medical and mental health assessments.

News Nation host Brian Entin on Thursday asked Levine, founder of Wall Street Prison Consultants, whether Murdaugh's lawyers could be appealing the decision on an attempt to move him out of the state prison and back into a county jail where conditions might be more comfortable.

Murdaugh has been placed in a single cell at Kirkland Correctional Institution in Columbia, South Carolina, a high-security state prison, according to The Independent. He has been separated from other prison inmates due to concerns that he might be attacked.

He is also currently under constant surveillance from prison officials and only comes into contact with other inmates when he briefly leaves his cell.

Murdaugh will stay 45 days in the high-security prison while authorities gather additional background information and conduct medical and mental health assessments.

News Nation host Brian Entin on Thursday asked Levine, founder of Wall Street Prison Consultants, whether Murdaugh's lawyers could be appealing the decision on an attempt to move him out of the state prison and back into a county jail where conditions might be more comfortable.
He deserves No comfort. As he isn't hanging out with other prisoners, he can't use those squirmy talents of his to 'play/use' people for his own whims.

Murdaugh faces 32 counts of embezzlement, 21 counts of computer crimes, 14 counts of money laundering, 11 counts of obtaining signature or property by false pretenses, nine counts of tax evasion, seven conspiracy counts, three counts of making false statements and two counts of forgery, according to the indictments.

In addition to the 99 financial crimes charges, Murdaugh is also facing three separate charges stemming from a September 2014 roadside shooting.

Eleven of Murdaugh’s 99 financial crimes charges are connected to a wrongful death settlement following his housekeeper’s death at his Colleton County, South Carolina, residence in 2018.

Son of Murdaugh family housekeeper who died in a reported trip and fall says he wants his mother's body exhumed to rule out foul play​

...​

Interesting. Sounds a bit fishy, as the Law Firm has Documentation to prove the man was already paid, but also looks like the money did not go to a US bank. Could be frivolous and trying to pile on, but in the scheme of things, small potatoes compared with all the Millions and Murder. MOO

I think Alex will ask Buster to hand over all the money he has access to in order for Alex to pursue appeals, and to pay lawyers for the financial trials. Alex will expect his siblings to provide for Buster.

I recall that Buster received $500k from the estate so far, and perhaps there is more from his grandfather's estate after his grandmother passes.
Of course, Buster could get a Job like the rest of us. I doubt any Law School would enroll him, simply based on his cheating, but also based on his responsibility in the boat crash(letting his brother use his ID for alcohol), and the suspicion still awaiting investigation of his classmate found dead on the. He could always work for his Uncle, as Paul did. Honest work, as Blanca might say. MOO

Harpootlian is a Sore loser. Mr Crosby came across as very credible IMPOV.

With the smirk/part smile on Alex's mugshot face, when his photo was taken in prison, I have this sickening feeling inside me that all the pending cases etc won't bother him a hoot in his mind as he knows he will be in prison for life, so what more can be done to him.

I too hope he is never moved to a more comfortable prison.

yes, K, years. which is why I find it not realistic that his trial lawyers would stay on board. I think their 'we are going to handle his appeal" mantra is just another public perception ploy to show how committed they are to him and it will not be followed through in its entirety. they filed intent to appeal, a one-liner, * that was easy * and IMO along the way, they will drop off. after all, there is the matter of their fee.

will they continue to defend him at a reduced hourly rate for an appeal AND if he pleads not guilty to the financial crimes go to trial? AM is basically wiped out financially. what then, ask Buster to float him some bucks? I just dont see his trial lawyers staying on the ship. :rolleyes:
100% AM's defense may toot their appeal horns now with some light's still shining on the case but once the stage lights dim those who stood by AM's side will be looking for exit's. AM was wrung dry of any funds he may have had by his defense team and we know they will not continue to support AM out of the goodness of their hearts. AM's admitting to his financial crimes during the murder trial didn't help upcoming cases he must face and any defense standing with him is there just for an extra minute or so of fleeting fame. AM will spend his life reduced to being a jail house lawyer trading advice for favors and Top Ramen noodles while at night haunted by those lives he destroyed and took, we can only hope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member