SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final paperwork for the Murdaugh’s Moselle property was filed in court on Wednesday. The property’s new owners are James Ayer and Jeffery Godley, according to the deed. They bought the over 1,700-acre property for more than $2.6 million. It was originally listed for $3.9 million, our sister station in Greenville reports.

It's a special couch.

The truth probably never sat on it.

jmo
It seems to be a pair:

1679634657302.png

The first item auctioned off was an animal trap, which went for $500, which was later followed by a pair of rocking chairs for $850, and a couch from the family mansion, which fetched $30,000 after an intense bidding war.

What are they endangered now? Wouldn’t surprise me! IMO

I’m not sure on the rules now since I quit “Cooter Fishing” decades ago and I hope it’s outlawed. If it’s still legal then I’m sure they do it in the lowcountry. Or maybe gators hinder it, I’m not sure but all those shells were peak bad taste to me.

36K on the "Alibi Couch"

Seriously ?

I mean, I know an innocent person, with no connection to the murders, is free to buy whatever he’d like.

Yet I can’t help finding this to be so morbid. There are plenty of comfortable couches available that cost a bundle. This one, IMO, was “alluring” to the buyers DIRECTLY due to its provenance as a Murdaugh couch.

A bidding war?

JMO but it’s so gruesome.

I do want the creditors who fell victim to AM’s schemes to somehow be repaid, but that some people are attracted to the furniture of a murderer and his slain family members PRECISELY for its notoriety is unfathomable to me.

If this buyer wants it for his business lodge, I suppose he expects it to be a macabre showpiece that will bring in curious customers.

Ugh. My opinion.

A lawyer for victims of the wide-reaching financial crimes of Alex Murdaugh has vowed to oppose an effort by the disgraced attorney to use personal funds to cover the costs of appealing his murder conviction.

Murdaugh, once a scion of the South Carolina legal community, was convicted earlier this month of the double murder of his wife, Margaret “Maggie” Murdaugh, and their youngest son, Paul Murdaugh.

But murder was not his only crime.

motion filed by AM attorneys:

his 'team' overspent, boohoo, they had to pay for things out of their own pocket.... poor financial planning and are now shortchanged. 401k funds were set aside for trial only and now they want to raid the cookie jar...(funds set aside for possible victim restitution)

ummmm...I dont think this motion is gonna work. I kind of had the feeling they were not going to go forward as freebee appellate attorneys .... but they think they are doing the court system a favor of using one less public appellate attorney.....basically asking they be paid at the start of his appeal out of the established receivership (victim payments which hasnt even been litigated yet)

at the end of the motion: https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Ha...777119499852103696510954798990101714848777489

"The requested fees and costs are reasonable and necessary for the appeal. If the court does not grant this motion, the burden of representing Murdaugh will shift to the already overworked appellate public defenders. This will erode the Sixth Amendment right to counsel for Murdaugh and the other clients of the Division of Appellate Defense, whose attorneys will be burdened with the appeal of Murdaugh’s six week trial. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46