SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe he took the stand. I would have bet literally everything on NOT A CHANCE IN HELL that he would take the stand. I'm still floored. Not sure why the decision was made for him to testify. I'm assuming he demanded to take the stand against the advice of his council? ... or if it was the strategy of the defense team, maybe they just felt like maybe with his incredibly emotional testimony that maybe just maybe they could sway one juror in pity? Also, since he's a "seasoned prosecutor" (eyeroll) it's not his first rodeo in the court room. He can handle talking to prosecutors and knows the right things to say and knows what questions they will ask and (most importantly) he knows how to lie through his teeth and tell a bull *advertiser censored* story just as good as any other prosecutor in the nation. But, Again, I'm still shocked. Never in a million years would I have thought he would take the stand. To me, it may even be the "most shocking decision to testify in one's own defense" of all time. Although I will say this: as of lately, defendants taking the stand in their own defense is a statistic that's been steadily trending on the rise as of late ... it's just crazy because it used to be almost unheard of until recently.

I still can't believe he took the stand. I would have bet literally everything on NOT A CHANCE IN HELL that he would take the stand. I'm still floored. Not sure why the decision was made for him to testify. I'm assuming he demanded to take the stand against the advice of his council? ... or if it was the strategy of the defense team, maybe they just felt like maybe with his incredibly emotional testimony that maybe just maybe they could sway one juror in pity? Also, since he's a "seasoned prosecutor" (eyeroll) it's not his first rodeo in the court room. He can handle talking to prosecutors and knows the right things to say and knows what questions they will ask and (most importantly) he knows how to lie through his teeth and tell a bull *advertiser censored* story just as good as any other prosecutor in the nation. But, Again, I'm still shocked. Never in a million years would I have thought he would take the stand. To me, it may even be the "most shocking decision to testify in one's own defense" of all time. Although I will say this: as of lately, defendants taking the stand in their own defense is a statistic that's been steadily trending on the rise as of late ... it's just crazy because it used to be almost unheard of until recently.
He's a con man his lawyers weren't going to be able to tell him anything, he thought he could BS his way and come up with an "I'm sorry I lied at being at the kennels minutes before Maggie and Paul were murdered" because I was paranoid and on opioids".

The Defense and AM knew the kennel video was a torpedo that sunk him. I still think it would have, but him getting on the stand and fake crying and lying his butt off removed all doubt.

MOO

Oh boy

“I think I love you,” Nicollete K. wrote to Murdaugh on March 12, 2023 – nine days after his arrival at Kirkland. “I think about you all day everyday. I swear on my life I’ll never say a single word to anyone important or not important. I genuinely care for you.”
It's enough to send his false ego soaring. Ewwww...:rolleyes:

The idea that he would attract people who want to support him is no surprise.
It is apparent that he is a powerful person who has powerful people in his corner--- a better jail house catch than most convicted felons, actually. I can see him meeting someone and that person being welcomed into the family fairly easily. The one thing a jail house gf doesn't have to worry about is ending up harmed by him which may be a great gift to her or him.
Who didn't see this coming?! :rolleyes:

The idea that he would attract people who want to support him is no surprise.
It is apparent that he is a powerful person who has powerful people in his corner--- a better jail house catch than most convicted felons, actually. I can see him meeting someone and that person being welcomed into the family fairly easily. The one thing a jail house gf doesn't have to worry about is ending up harmed by him which may be a great gift to her or him.
It's all harmless until... the CONjugal visits. One hand in the commissary, the other in your pockets.

Buyer, beware.

Jmo

There is a video uploaded of Buster and Alex talking on the phone and it sounds like they are speaking in code, IMHO. would love to hear your guys' thoughts
I think they were speaking in code. AFAIK, "dove hunting" is a reference to looking for young people to have an "encounter" with. MOO ETA: Although they certainly may have had their own lingo meaning something else, like checking out something stashed by the dovecote or an activity like reconnoitering "looking for doves" around the property that would be a cover for going to a stash somewhere. JMO

Last edited:
I think they were speaking in code. AFAIK, "dove hunting" is a reference to looking for young people to have an "encounter" with. MOO
Something very awkward about that exchange. IMO there was some inflection and implied eye-winking.

My paraphrase, from memory:

The syntax was off.

Do you want to go dove-hunting at Moselle?

No, why would I?

Because it's been a while. There's A LOT ...of deer there.... (bucks?)

No? Do you mind if I have Jim do it?

Jim? Jim who? Why would he? Does he know HOW to dove hunt?

Have Jim do it? DO dove hunting? Is that how people refer to it? I have nephews who hunt. They hunt deer. They deer hunt. I've never once heard then say they DO deer hunting. Or DO deer hunt.

Is there a deer stand or some such at Moselle that was used as a drop?

If Alec was up to no good, and I expect he was, it must stink to be him if you need agents and runners and you can't talk straight.

Sorry, not sorry.

But I do wonder if Jim did ever make it to Moselle to "dove hunt".

Family banking system?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members