SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41

Last edited by a moderator:

Sources close to the South Carolina statewide grand jury told this news outlet Alex Murdaugh’s alleged drug dealer/ check casher, Curtis “Eddie” Smith, has been granted a hearing to modify his bond. This hearing has reportedly been scheduled for Monday, April 3, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. EDT in Richland County Court in front of S.C. circuit court judge Clifton Newman, these sources say.

Newman is expected to look favorably on any bond modification request from Smith’s attorneys, we are told, meaning he could be released – with conditions – following the hearing.

I personally think it's rather morbid to keep the photos. That was a family's life in pictures when they were all happy and doing normal life things.

Now 3 of the 4 are gone; 2 dead and one behind bars for life. Who would want to keep those anyway? I'd make sure to reach out to Maggie's sister or Buster or heck, even helpful brother JM to see if I could get them back.

MOO
Absolutely, I would do the same. Seems the fact that she let the media know she has them though, makes me think that’s not her intention. She’s looking to make money on them. I’m pretty sure if media offers her money, we will all be seeing them .

Absolutely, I would do the same. Seems the fact that she let the media know she has them though, makes me think that’s not her intention. She’s looking to make money on them. I’m pretty sure if media offers her money, we will all be seeing them .

It seemed to me she liked being part of the story, like more of a personal than monetary interest.

Here's an interview with Alania Spohn, one of the Plyler sisters, who were victims of Alex's financial crimes.

One interesting thing she said is that when Alex talked about his family with her he only mentioned having one son, Buster. She happens to be a sheriff's deputy.

Last edited:
I hope and pray that some forensic accountant will volunteer to find what happened to it all. I just can see it being a 60 pill a day habit....
snipped by me
i have been on and off of pain meds for 5+ years and have been on significant amounts, low amounts, everywhere in between.
THIS MAN WAS NOT TAKING 60 OXYCODONE PILLS A DAY. he'd be dead.
i brought this up to my nurse last night and she laughed!!! she can't believe anyone is falling for it. even the judge! people just aren't educated on these drugs.

I think the rumors are interesting. PM's former girlfriend had some things to say about the M family's reaction in the Netflix doc.

Since it was reported that there was no evidence of a hit and run besides SS's body in the road. I am interested why the search of the M property has garnered SLED interest.
is there anywhere i can see this besides netflix?

Mental health and prison experts determined that Murdaugh should be kept in protective custody after they reviewed his case, including the enormous amount of publicity it garnered and psychiatric and other tests, the state Department of Corrections said in a news release Friday.

The protective unit houses 28 prisoners who each have their own cells and enjoy the same privileges as other inmates. Prison officials said they weren’t disclosing the unit’s location due to security concerns.

[…]

The South Carolina Department of Corrections’ Protective Custody Review Board met Thursday to make a reccomendation of a statewide protective custody classification for Murdaugh. The four-member board included SCDC scurity, mental health and classification experts, the agency said.

“Inmates in this unit have validated protective concerns and are placed in a specialized unit to separate them from the general population,” the agency said in a statement. “Their location is not disclosed for safety and security reasons.”

[…]

He needs to be thrown into general population, not protected.

Mental health and prison experts determined that Murdaugh should be kept in protective custody after they reviewed his case, including the enormous amount of publicity it garnered and psychiatric and other tests, the state Department of Corrections said in a news release Friday.

The protective unit houses 28 prisoners who each have their own cells and enjoy the same privileges as other inmates. Prison officials said they weren’t disclosing the unit’s location due to security concerns.

snipped by me
i have been on and off of pain meds for 5+ years and have been on significant amounts, low amounts, everywhere in between.
THIS MAN WAS NOT TAKING 60 OXYCODONE PILLS A DAY. he'd be dead.
i brought this up to my nurse last night and she laughed!!! she can't believe anyone is falling for it. even the judge! people just aren't educated on these drugs.

I used to be so hooked that I’d eat opioid sandwiches and never came close to dosing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling