SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I’m just wondering if at some point we aren’t stoking AMs ego with spotlight more that righting wrongs but if theres restitution issues and such at play then I could see it different.
I tend to agree that the state needs to meet its legal requirement for the state treasury and not set this up for another performance by AM. We know he craves attention like most need air to breathe but let him find it elsewhere. Seems he's already attracting some penpals. MOO

I guess I’m just wondering if at some point we aren’t stoking AMs ego with spotlight more that righting wrongs but if theres restitution issues and such at play then I could see it different.
I understand where you're coming from. AM will certainly enjoy being out of his cell and in public, he is a Narc after all. IMO

It's a hard to pill to swallow, but I think it's best if he's charged on all and any accounts for crimes he's committed. His financial victims deserve their justice too.

JMO

Alex Murdaugh 'fans' are sending MONEY to double murderer's prison shop account - as South Carolina courthouse where disgraced legal scion was convicted gives free tours to true crime tourists

Murdaugh's notoriety means his account at the prison's commissary - where inmates can buy sodas, snacks and toiletries - has been flooded with cash from well-wishers, including women who are writing him love letters.

Meanwhile the courthouse in Walterboro which hosted his six-week trial is giving free tours after being inundated by true crime tourists.

Murdaugh's attorney Jim Griffin told FoX News his client was not yet able to access the funds.

[...]

Court staff have a special route that takes tourists through the court, inside the courtroom where Murdaugh faced the jury, and around the outside. The bailiffs share stories with the tourists.

'Mr. Buster Murdaugh's portrait is back on the wall,' Hill said, referring to the picture of Murdaugh's grandfather which had to be removed for the trial. 'So, they take pictures of that.'

Murdaugh was transferred to McCormick earlier this month and has been placed on a secure protective custody wing due to his infamy from the case.

But he at least has love letters to keep him occupied.

Fox obtained 86 pages of emails and letters sent to the double murderer since he was sentenced on March 3.

[...]

It did not appear that Murdaugh had replied to any of the women.

His attorney Griffin cautioned that the 'fans' may have ulterior motives.

'It does appear to me that they have become more romantic, and I'm suspicious that people who are writing know their messages will be sent to the media,' he told Fox

The SCDC also published call logs from April 3 to 21, showing Murdaugh placed 65 collect phone calls but only 16 were accepted.

'I think all those are calls to me and my office,' Griffin told Fox. 'There have been significant issues with the phone system there. One day he reported he tried me 20 times before it went through.'

Murdaugh has been provided with heavily regulated phone and messaging capability in jail. He has a prison-issued tablet, which is not connected to the internet.

After these financial crimes trials, I want this psycho to go away and never be seen or heard from again until he comes out in a pine box.

He really thinks he's a celebrity and that people believe he is innocent of these murders doesn't he???

MOO

Alex Murdaugh's future: Another day, another charge, another trial, and more fan mail.
Thankfully after the financial crimes hearings, I think we'll see AM slowly disappear into obscurity like he needs to.

Already around Charleston and the low country in general, a lot of people aren't even talking about him anymore.

MOO

Prisons issue tablets to inmates??!!

Not free.

No web browsing access and inmates pay for many of the tablet services. This is starting to replace computers and is more efficient, paperless.

Last edited:
Just some thoughts about AM admitting to lying about the Satterfield case.

—As others have said, no one is surprised. Judge Gergel referred to him as a “serial liar” for a reason. AM being the only one that GS spoke to after her injury when everybody else said she never spoke again, was always very suspicious.
—AM admitting that GS was working that day and not just picking up a check is a little unsettling because that is information Maggie and Paul would have known that too, and they never corrected AM’s lie. Were they going along with it because they thought they were helping GS’s family? If AM hadn’t stolen the money and it all had gone to the Satterfield family, that’s still insurance fraud and their silence would have made them complicit. GS’s family should have known if she had the day off too. They were probably following AM’s lead. I’m not sure where to put that.
—If GS didn’t trip over the dogs, what caused her to fall? Tragic accidents do happen every day and perhaps that is the case here. The fact that this was a beneficial and perfectly timed accident for AM makes one wonder.
—The only person who saw a way to profit off GS’s accident is AM. The question becomes whether AM thought up this scheme after GS fell or he thought it up before and actually caused her her accident and I don’t think that was impossible.

Having seen photographs of the brick steps (they are here on websleuths somewhere), the injuries GS suffered were consistent with a fall (rib fractures and skull injury). The nature of the injuries would likely be the same whether knocked over by excited dogs, slipping on a wet spot or loose brick, other accident, or being pushed.

Hitting the chest wall against the edges of bricks can cause rib fractures. Even trivial falls can at times cause fatal brain injuries.

My real question is "How does this revelation help AM?". I doubt he has suddenly become altruistic.

My apologies. I forgot we knew that she wasn't working that day.

He is saying now that he did lie that she was there to pick up a check, but he doesn't remember why she was really there.

13.b. Defendant did state Ms. Satterfield was not on the property at the time of her fall to perform work for Defendant. He does not recall however why she was there that day over five years ago, and therefore denies the allegations of Paragraph 22.

Just some thoughts about AM admitting to lying about the Satterfield case.

—AM admitting that GS was working that day and not just picking up a check is a little unsettling because that is information Maggie and Paul would have known that too, and they never corrected AM’s lie. Were they going along with it because they thought they were helping GS’s family? If AM hadn’t stolen the money and it all had gone to the Satterfield family, that’s still insurance fraud and their silence would have made them complicit. GS’s family should have known if she had the day off too. They were probably following AM’s lead. I’m not sure where to put that.

The issue about whether she was working that day or not has always centered on whether or not workman's comp insurance would be involved or not, IIRC.

It's been said she was working, or she was there to pick up a check, or she was working that day but for one of Alec's siblings/parents and was over there to do something else/pick something up, etc.

I don't see how Gloria's family would know if she was supposed to be working that day. Her son Tony didn't live at home at that time. Her other son, Brian, did live at home, but is intellectually disabled. It sounded like a lot of the time, esp as Buster and Paul aged out of needing a babysitter, that her work hours were a lot less formally scheduled and were more general but always being subjected to change depending on what Maggie needed.

I really have to wonder how many years the court cases against Alex will take to play out. While tragic, his situation is also almost comical....I can see this as a Greek tragedy, a tale of a man so wayward that the prosecutions against him never end...the vultures eating the liver of Prometheus every day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member