Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From cass523's link.. includes video of car.
NJ woman found dead in South Carolina, possibly after getting into wrong car
6e10c517-397d-4766-abc9-67c5b55c0b6c-samantha3.jpg

Samantha Josephson, a 21-year-old University of South Carolina student from Robbinsville, was last seen getting into this vehicle early Friday, March 29, 2019 in a restaurant district near the university. (Photo: Columbia Police Department)

So many people around, all those males...but how could they have known...? :(

This is an awful, awful case. Poor Samantha and her family! :(

—-
(Dear Mod,

Can you please add “SC” to the thread title? Tia. When I first saw the thread I thought, “wow, I can’t say I’ve sleuthed a case out of Columbia that I remember...”)

I thought the same thing! And I'm familiar with this area. But since it didn't say SC I didn't think it was the state of SC till getting in the thread.

They have window punches that can hang from a keyring (google or just go to Amazon). One punch amd the safety glass shatters. There’s also a great tool a lot of first responders are issued that combines a window punch and seat belt cutter.
Thank you! Had one in my previous car and forgot about it. Just ordered 2 from amazon only $16.

This is an awful, awful case. Poor Samantha and her family! :(

—-
(Dear Mod,

Can you please add “SC” to the thread title? Tia. When I first saw the thread I thought, “wow, I can’t say I’ve sleuthed a case out of Columbia that I remember...”)

I reported your post and asked a mod to fix the title. I thought when I picked SC from the dropdown it automatically populated.

Missing USC student Samantha Josephson has died, father and school president confirm
Josephson’s father, SJ, spoke about his daughter’s death publicly via a Facebook post early Saturday morning.

“It is with tremendous sadness and of a broken heart that I post this!” Josephson wrote. “I will miss and love my baby girl for the rest of life. Samantha is no longer with us but she will not be forgotten. It is extremely hard to write this and post it but I love her with all my heart. I could continue to write about her but it kills me. I sit here and cry while looking at the picture and write this.”

Samantha Josephson Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
d26ecoduwae1brk.jpg

Samantha was due to go to law school at Drexel University in Philadelphia. Samantha’s sister, SJ, is a student at Drexel. Samantha’s mother said in a December 2018 Facebook post that her daughter had been accepted into Rutgers Law School. In early 2018, Samantha spent a semester studying in Barcelona.

On Twitter, one of Samantha’s lecturers at USC, @DanielaJlop, said that she taught the victim for two semesters and added that Samantha had wanted to become a lawyer and then go on to work for the United Nations.

:(

Samantha obviously sounds like she was a very smart and lovely young lady with a very bright future. Who knows how she could have positively impacted the world down the road.

And some just took it all away and she dies in such an awful way...These stories are just sickening. I don’t know how her family can EVER get over something like this.

:( :( :(

rbbm.
Suspect Arrested In Five Points Slaying
A review of Rowland’s Facebook page revealed several posts apparently made after he allegedly killed Josephson – but before he was apprehended for the crime.

“It’s only one ME,” he wrote in one of the entries, which was posted last Friday. “I just make it look easy until you step in dese (shoes).”

“I’ll love to do it wit ya but I be damn if I can’t do it without ya,” he wrote in another post on Friday afternoon.

rowland4.jpg

(Via: Facebook)
I was just reading there. My skin was crawling.

Yeah and no shame in going out drinking and taking an Uber home. That’s the responsible thing to do. But it could make you less likely to pay attention to details I guess.

Terribly scary to think how quickly this can happen.
Just as scary as the driver knowing your address, if dropping you at home.
We are truly not safe, anywhere, imo.

Samantha’s case is hitting me extra hard for some reason, they all do, but there’s something about this...perhaps because it’s easy to see the very bright future she could have had ahead of her, United Nations, helping others...sorry words aren’t coming out well...having a really hard time reading this thread...sickening.

Missing USC student Samantha Josephson has died, father and school president confirm
Josephson’s father, SJ, spoke about his daughter’s death publicly via a Facebook post early Saturday morning.

“It is with tremendous sadness and of a broken heart that I post this!” Josephson wrote. “I will miss and love my baby girl for the rest of life. Samantha is no longer with us but she will not be forgotten. It is extremely hard to write this and post it but I love her with all my heart. I could continue to write about her but it kills me. I sit here and cry while looking at the picture and write this.”

Samantha Josephson Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
d26ecoduwae1brk.jpg

Samantha was due to go to law school at Drexel University in Philadelphia. Samantha’s sister, SJ, is a student at Drexel. Samantha’s mother said in a December 2018 Facebook post that her daughter had been accepted into Rutgers Law School. In early 2018, Samantha spent a semester studying in Barcelona.

On Twitter, one of Samantha’s lecturers at USC, @DanielaJlop, said that she taught the victim for two semesters and added that Samantha had wanted to become a lawyer and then go on to work for the United Nations.

“un.org
DescriptionThe United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that was tasked to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international co-operation and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.”
United Nations - Wikipedia

——

Dad mourns death of missing USC student

Last edited:
I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve ever taken an Uber for this reason. As a single, mid twenties woman, I don’t feel like it’s any safer than taking public transit after a night out.

I’m afraid each time I take one. I had a driver in Cinci’ go way out of the way, my heart was pounding. I considered jumping out. A 6mi trip took 35 minutes. I did report as soon as I was safely in the door at my stop.

rbbm.
Suspect Arrested In Five Points Slaying
A review of Rowland’s Facebook page revealed several posts apparently made after he allegedly killed Josephson – but before he was apprehended for the crime.

“It’s only one ME,” he wrote in one of the entries, which was posted last Friday. “I just make it look easy until you step in dese (shoes).”

“I’ll love to do it wit ya but I be damn if I can’t do it without ya,” he wrote in another post on Friday afternoon.

(Via: Facebook)

What is this supposed to mean? I don't understand

He is clearly very very proud of his vehicle and keeps it meticulous. At least on the outside. But it sounds like he doesn't actually do much to clean the blood and her phone from the vehicle interior within the 24 hours of committing the murder. Strange

I sure hope he is drug tested on booking. I'll bet he's got something like meth in his system. Especially as it sounds as though he was out cruising FivePoints] again so soon.

Has LE released a local address? I know his prior property theft charges in October had the New Zion address, but that's 90 minutes from FivePoints.

Last edited:
I’m afraid each time I take one. I had a driver in Cinci’ go way out of the way, my heart was pounding. I considered jumping out. A 6mi trip took 35 minutes. I did report as soon as I was safely in the door at my stop.

I would never take Uber or Lyft. Our city has multiple taxi companies that have been in business for decades and their vehicles are clearly recognizable. There are just too many evil people out and about to take chances.

Not familiar with uber. Can you have others with you when you pick someone up?

I have never had a driver pick me up with a fare already in the car. This makes me think I’ll never Uber alone again.
Just not worth the risk, imo.
I think back to the old saying “never get in car with a stranger”, in essence that’s what we do when we Uber.

I knew it. That poor girl. Another cretin sociopath maniac who has no place in society. It must take a huge ego to think you have the right to decide to take someone's life away. <modsnip - offensive language>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members