Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with your profile. I meant privileged in a colloquial sense - he comes off as a bit narcissistic to me, as someone that feels like he has a right to do what he did or that he could somehow get away with it. He did mention his siblings being mean to him so I could be totally wrong and its all a front. I apologize if I offended anyone!

Tysm! I thought I had missed a page that was taken down.
He probably will experience a new kind of “mean” where he’s going.
Moo

It appears that Samantha was on her cell phone as the vehicle approaches. She then appears to disconnect from the call. Has it been revealed to whom she was speaking to on her cell?

There had to be some way to subdue her, or at least not cause her to be suspicious and/or panic at first. The second video shows the car back out and merge with traffic, then stop/wait at a light maybe? No sign of any panic up til then. Either a weapon as you say, maybe to force her to hand over her phone, or he just played along as her Uber driver for a span of time. Maybe even stopped on a pretense like engine trouble or tire warning? Attacked her before she had time to react. Otherwise I can't understand why she didn't call 911 and/or strangle the heck out or him...or beat him with a shoe or purse. JMO

I think he acted like he was her Uber.
Maybe she lost control of her phone and couldn’t find it.
Once stopped, he would need to “unlock” all doors from his side, to be able to open her door. That might be when a real struggle took place.

ETA: google- Chevy Impala backseat. There’s some good images.

I think he acted like he was her Uber.
Maybe she lost control of her phone and couldn’t find it.
Once stopped, he would need to “unlock” all doors from his side, to be able to open her door. That might be when a real struggle took place.

ETA: google- Chevy Impala backseat. There’s some good images.

I don't know what year his vehicle was but I can imagine how the plastic along the armrests and door handle areas would show damage from being kicked. She looked like she had some sandals on, not boots, so it's not like she could really land a hard blow with the sandals. And the LE report does say she had a wound on her foot.

I have to think he would have to have taken her phone away from her right away to prevent her from calling 911. I keep thinking something happened when he turned left onto Rosewood Drive, where the phone ping seems to have come from. At that point she would know he was taking her away from The Hub.

I don't know what year his vehicle was but I can imagine how the plastic along the armrests and door handle areas would show damage from being kicked. She looked like she had some sandals on, not boots, so it's not like she could really land a hard blow with the sandals. And the LE report does say she had a wound on her foot.

I have to think he would have to have taken her phone away from her right away to prevent her from calling 911. I keep thinking something happened when he turned left onto Rosewood Drive, where the phone ping seems to have come from. At that point she would know he was taking her away from The Hub.

Maybe her phone died, or he offered to charge it/play music using an aux cord or something. I know in the UK having your driver charge your phone is normal, usually you ask but could have come off as being polite.

I was wondering how they even know the child locks were on at the time she was in the car. Unless I missed something, it's possible the child seat was put in and the child locks turned on the following day.
His car is a Chevy; apparently in some there's a button on the front console to turn child locks on/off. Every car I've had w child locks they had to be engaged on the side of the door, but it's possible that wasn't the case with his.

His car is a Chevy; apparently in some there's a button on the front console to turn child locks on/off. Every car I've had w child locks they had to be engaged on the side of the door, but it's possible that wasn't the case with his.

Now I’m gonna have to look at mine, I think they are on the driver door panel.
But you make a good point. She was able to enter the car, he had to disengage. My childproof locks stay engaged unless I hit unlock for all doors.

This is a video of a 2014 Impala from a dealership explaining how to engage the child safety locks on a Malibu but it appears it is the dame for the Impala. I believe they are different than the door locks.

But you make a good point. She was able to enter the car, he had to disengage. My childproof locks stay engaged unless I hit unlock for all doors.

Child proof locks don't make it so you can't get in. They make it so you can't get out.

Have been away from WS for YEARS, came back for Sami. :(
I live an hour away and my oldest is a student at USC. (In fact, she's on the right in my profile pic...she's 19 now...)
This has shaken me to my core. Can someone point me in the direction of arrest/search documents so far? TIA.

ETA: Found them.

Last edited:
Child proof locks don't make it so you can't get in. They make it so you can't get out.

I know what you mean but on my car if the front doors are unlocked, the CPL are still engaged, if I need to open rear doors, I need to disengage. Dif model vehicle. I guess a dual feature so no one can get to the child from the outside, in my case get to the dog. Idk

It wouldn't have kept anyone out. It just takes a lot less planning/forethought to engage them if the switch is in the cabin vs having to open rear doors the engage.

USC confirms missing student, Samantha Josephson, has died

The 21-year-old's death marks the second USC student death in just one week. Evan Jeffery Gaines, 22, died Tuesday after suffering a gunshot wound.

No other details about the case were available early Saturday afternoon. However, Columbia police tweeted out they would be holding a press conference on the investigation sometime later on Saturday.

ETA: reports of a third --suspected suicide, also. Frightening times at USC. Be safe...
Re: your ETA: Yes, a student died by suicide in a parking deck on main campus a week ago tomorrow.
A student from USC Salkehatchie died yesterday at baseball practice. This is beyond belief.

The accused's name shows up as a resident in several SC counties. I certainly hope any unsolved crimes in those areas, particularly those involving young women, are reinvestigated since they will have his DNA now.

I've been very impressed with the police work thus far. Let's hope it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dietzlyn