Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t speak to payments as I bought my car outright, but insurance would likely NOT be cheap. I’m a mid twenties female with a clean driving record and own a 2008 “low risk” car and my insurance is still 175.

Thank you. I think males are even higher in your age range. That is quite high. Is that for full coverage?

I can’t speak to payments as I bought my car outright, but insurance would likely NOT be cheap. I’m a mid twenties female with a clean driving record and own a 2008 “low risk” car and my insurance is still 175.

I think are "no money down" cars sold because if you have an address they can check, they will repossess the car as soon as you are even late on a payment, so no loss to the seller.

I think are "no money down" cars sold because if you have an address they can check, they will repossess the car as soon as you are even late on a payment, so no loss to the seller.

Wonder how long he owned the car? Providing it is in fact his. Idk if he leased it, borrowed it or what.
The date he got it (however) might provide insight as to when he began his fantasy ride share driving job. Moo

Thank you. I think males are even higher in your age range. That is quite high. Is that for full coverage?

Yes, males are higher! My brother has a couple of tickets on his record but his insurance is astronomical, in the 400’s I think.

Yes, mine is for full coverage.

What I understand is that kind of "loan" is very high interest and long term, the vehicle has to be insured and if you ever default, you make such slow headway on principal on the loan that the vehicle is worth less than you owe. It is also a problem if you total it because insurance will not pay enough to pay off the vehicle because it is not considered worth what you owe. That is when they started selling "gap" insurance. They hope to make enough on the interest and long term payments, if you default they also still get the vehicle, and a judgment and I believe can write it off. It is crazy.

We do not know this is the type of loan he had/has but it could be.

So if I am looking at this correctly then he only has the ones on the driver's door? And no others like on the back door frame, etc.?

Yes, imo. Lol
I never read the manual when I get a new car. Both my cars have features I know nothing about.
Lol, I just spent half hour reading manual for my two door/two seater, looking for CPL section. Duh
I think all models are dif. I see the convenience of it being accessible from the rear door, put kid in, engage lock, etc.
But for me, it is easier to remember if inside, deadlier for a passenger, though.
I’d rather have pepper spray in my hand, not my phone, if I’m in a ride share vehicle.
I’ll be using taxi service from here on out. Just my preference.
Moo

Which really begs the question of why he would risk what is obviously his most valuable posession- his shiny black Impala , by first of all locking someone in it and risk having them break the handles or rip the lining and then attacking them with a very sharp object, enough to stain the carpets and upholstry with blood, and risk slashing the upholstry.

Last edited:
Car insurance rates depend on a variety of factors: MVR, age, credit rating, address where car is "garaged," gender, type of car, etc. My husband is late 20s, has several tickets, good credit, a 1.5 yr old car he still makes payments on and we live in one of the worst areas for insurance rates in the country. He pays $185/mo. I am mid-30s, nothing on my driving record, ok credit, and have a 4 yr old car I still make payments on. I pay $162/mo.

That's how I took it from looking at that page of the owner's manual.

That is how my car is. My concern with that is he can disengage them in a split nanosecond from the driver's door. Or put them on which he probably did as they think. While I believe LE probably found the doors locked, they could always argue he had children back there the following day and locked them then or any number of things. It is helpful but not exactly solid proof she was locked in, I do not see how it can be. Unless for some reason it is possible the original owner had something like that added when purchased as an option?

I don't like thinking like that one bit, believe me, but he could claim a number of reasons that he engaged them the next day. When my grandkids are in the back or I have a dog in the car, I have done it both with the windows and the locks right from my driver's seat so it is quite frequently used by some.

The bright side is they have plenty of other very solid evidence in the way of blood, her phone, her location and more.

jmo.

Which really begs the question of why he would risk what is obviously his most valuable posession- his shiny black Impala , by first of all locking someone in it and risk having them break the handles or rip the lining and then attacking them with a very sharp object, enough to stain the carpets and upholstry with blood, and risk slashing the upholstry.

His fantasy outweighed his love of his death mobile, imo.
Hopefully, he will have a lot of years to regret his decision, he had the opportunity to immediately tell her “hey, wrong car.”
I wonder if his passenger at arrest works in the area & that is why he was there in the first place, to pick her up? Next night at appx same time, he’s back again & does pick her up? Just an idea.

Just noticed this -- please forgive if it is a repeat:

Video Shows College Student Entering Car She Apparently Thought Was Uber Before Her Murder
April 01, 2019 10:50 AM

Authorities have released startling surveillance video they say shows the tragic moment University of South Carolina student Samantha Josephson stepped into her alleged killer’s car — apparently mistaking it for the Uber she had ordered.

Columbia Police distributed the disturbing footage Sunday evening, the day after the arrest of Nathaniel Rowland, who has been charged with murder in Josephson’s death.
[...]
According to police, Josephson’s battered body was discovered in the woods by turkey hunters. It had been dumped nearly 65 miles away, in rural Clarendon County.

Investigators have revealed Josephson sustained numerous injuries to her head, neck, face, upper body, leg and foot, but have not publicly discussed the motive or cause of death.

Video Shows College Student Entering Car She Apparently Thought Was Uber Before Killing

Maybe after dumping poor Samantha the murderer went home & crashed, due to exhaustion? After waking, had little time to clean or it was already dark.

Not to harp on Uber overly much, but it just popped up in my feed that a woman was raped by her Uber driver this weekend in Boston. Apparently the SECOND time that happened in the past month in the city......

The driver in the incident over the weekend has also been detained by ICE. So, even though Uber isn't at fault in the seat of Samantha, scary stuff

Car insurance rates depend on a variety of factors: MVR, age, credit rating, address where car is "garaged," gender, type of car, etc. My husband is late 20s, has several tickets, good credit, a 1.5 yr old car he still makes payments on and we live in one of the worst areas for insurance rates in the country. He pays $185/mo. I am mid-30s, nothing on my driving record, ok credit, and have a 4 yr old car I still make payments on. I pay $162/mo.

Wow, I will never complain about my insurance rates after hearing these rates on this thread, although I know youth pays quite a bit more (early to mid 20s anyhow). So $350 per month basically? Being a bit older is apparently quite a benefit.

It used to be when I think females hit 25, if their record was not too bad, their rates would drop significantly. It was a few years later for males like 28 I think and the decrease was not as much either. I am unsure if it is still that way, insurance seems to change for the company's benefit not ours... :(

So in this case here, with a 2017 and being 24 and probably a few traffic tickets, a possibly poor credit rating, etc. he could be paying quite a bit for insurance and may have car payments as well.

You said though that you are in one of the highest areas in the country, I can say honestly I think that is extremely high but as you say, multiple factors play in as well.

Not to harp on Uber overly much, but it just popped up in my feed that a woman was raped by her Uber driver this weekend in Boston. Apparently the SECOND time that happened in the past month in the city......

The driver in the incident over the weekend has also been detained by ICE. So, even though Uber isn't at fault in the seat of Samantha, scary stuff

It is horribly scary.
Just sayin’, if I’m intoxicated, I’d never remember the “to do” list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member