SC SC - Scott family of four, ages 59-82, Pendleton, 1 Nov 2015

“I don’t understand why any of it has happened and I just keep thinking it’s a dream I’m going to wake up from. Whoever did this, I don’t see how you can live with yourself.”
Woman Went on TV and Asked How Her Family's Killer Could 'Live with Yourself'. Now She's Charged with 4 Murders

wakey wakey Amy and Ross, time to face the music.
That interview is Duper's Delight Deluxe. You see her smile??

All crimes are horrible, but killing your mother, father in law and 2 elderly women they were related to, is truly beyond horrible. It is twisted and very evil. That kind of betrayal is beyond comprehension.
It's actually her mother, stepdad, grandma, and stepdad's mom (step-grandma). Not sure why they put FIL.
Just a thought.
LE certainly suspected the daughter and her husband early on. It was almost exclusively circumstantial evidence and it grew steadily. People have been arrested on less, yet no arrest.
So maybe the question is not why did it take 8 years to arrest them with all this evidence but, instead, what kept LE from arresting them despite having all that evidence.
Maybe they wanted to make sure they 100% had enough to make sure they didn't get out of prison for this massacre.

Just a thought.
LE certainly suspected the daughter and her husband early on. It was almost exclusively circumstantial evidence and it grew steadily. People have been arrested on less, yet no arrest.
So maybe the question is not why did it take 8 years to arrest them with all this evidence but, instead, what kept LE from arresting them despite having all that evidence.

There is no statute of limitation on murder which is a very good thing. And as one of WS's verified attorneys wisely repeated here many moons ago, the prosecutor only gets one bite at the apple, and if the apple ain't ripe, you better not bite (or risk biting into worms)!

There's no second chance to get it right. MOO

There is no statute of limitation on murder which is a very good thing. And as one of WS's verified attorneys wisely repeated here many moons ago, the prosecutor only gets one bite at the apple, and if the apple ain't ripe, you better not bite (or risk biting into worms)!

There's no second chance to get it right. MOO

I absolutely agree and I’m glad they wanted to make sure they got it right.
I was just wondering what was keeping them from arresting the daughter and SIL for 8 years since it seemed they had so much evidence.
Hopefully we’ll get answers at the trial.

1703277294271.png

MugshotNameSexArrest DateRelease Date
1703276779592.jpgVILARDI, AMY DANIELLEFemale12/15/2023
Warrant Charge: Arrest warrant 2023A0410101941 issued by County, SC (16-03-0010 - 116 - Murder / Murder); Arrest Date 12/15/2023; Bond - No Bond / Bond Denied, $0.00; Set By Judge Wesley White

[TD]

MugshotNameSexArrest DateRelease Date
1703276979227.jpgVILARDI, ROSMORE WAYNEMale12/15/2023
Warrant Charge: Arrest warrant 2023A0410101937 issued by County, SC (16-03-0010 - 116 - Murder / Murder); Arrest Date 12/15/2023; Bond - No Bond / Bond Denied, $0.00; Set By Judge Wesley White

[TD]
PrevNext

Last edited:
Just started reading about this and kudos to @LietKynes and @Fairy1 for these early posts in 2015! They were spot on.
Sad. :(
Wonder if it was another relative trying to get their inheritance early ?
Who can coldly gun down elderly people, let alone others ?
Thinking out loud and as always my opinion.

www.wyff4.com/news/coroner-called-to-shooting-in-anderson-county/36207494

There was no sign of forced entry into the home or signs of a struggle, Shore said. Three of the victims were in the den and one was in the bedroom.
On Monday, Cole told WYFF News 4 Mandy Gaither, "As far as we know, there is no danger to the public right now."

LE might have an idea about the perp; imo.

From the article you linked:

"I'm very shocked,” neighbor Tai Gleaton said. “There's been things said, but as far as I knew of, I didn't think they were that type of people or anything like that would happen over here.”

Hmmm. That's an interesting comment. I think this will probably be solved quickly and I think the killer(s) will be someone known and close to the victims. JMO.

Just started reading about this and kudos to @LietKynes and @Fairy1 for these early posts in 2015! They were spot on.
LOL. You can see from my early posts that I really believed this would be solved quickly as it seemed so obvious. Still shocked it took so long but I sure hope it gave LE the opportunity to build an airtight case!

LOL. You can see from my early posts that I really believed this would be solved quickly as it seemed so obvious. Still shocked it took so long but I sure hope it gave LE the opportunity to build an airtight case!

I think it’s possible that they done something(s) since the murders happened that led to the charges. We have been thru cases where somebody involved will slip up.

Sheriff McBride: This is one that we’re keeping very close to the vest. Eight years is a long time to wait for justice. We have to wait for our day in court. The previous administration, had a couple of good detectives who were off to a good start. We kept fresh eyes on it, we kept it at the forefront of the media and of the public’s mind so that if there was ever any new information somebody would come forward. We knew all along. We knew it was the Vilardis.

Video is 4+ minutes

As stated, LE aware of who responsible for the homicides from the start, however, it's worth its weight in gold to seek a case you’re able to present in a court of law which would produce a conviction. The money factor may have been some of the hold up because you’re dealing with cash and you need a paper trail. There certainly is motive, and glad to see this case is moving forward.

--- One ought not be surprised a daughter is involved - allegedly. Question is who first put (due to desperation) plan into motion - allegedly the daughter or allegedly her husband?

Geesh! Moo, as always!

Just a general comment on the alleged perpetrators:

It never ceases to amaze me that someone can lie thru their teeth like they did during that interview.

I wonder what body language experts would pick up from their behavior at the interview... I didn't see anything that stood out to me. They looked "normal" to me given what had happened.

As stated, LE aware of who responsible for the homicides from the start, however, it's worth its weight in gold to seek a case you’re able to present in a court of law which would produce a conviction. The money factor may have been some of the hold up because you’re dealing with cash and you need a paper trail. There certainly is motive, and glad to see this case is moving forward.

--- One ought not be surprised a daughter is involved - allegedly. Question is who first put (due to desperation) plan into motion - allegedly the daughter or allegedly her husband?

Geesh! Moo, as always!

I'm guessing the couple's alibis fell thru early... but they needed other evidence in order to have enough for a conviction.

I wonder what that might have been? Fingerprints, footprints, etc would have been easy to get early... I'm thinking the murder weapon was found (like the gun) and ballistics confirmed a match to the bullets which were used.

Any other ideas?

Just a general comment on the alleged perpetrators:

It never ceases to amaze me that someone can lie thru their teeth like they did during that interview.

I wonder what body language experts would pick up from their behavior at the interview... I didn't see anything that stood out to me. They looked "normal" to me given what had happened.
The daughter appeared to come across as stoic, which means absolutely nothing. jmo ;)

Glad to see many here are interested in this case, and if it goes to trial will be here for the trial. Moreover, curious if one of the suspects will spill the beans on the other suspect in order to make a plea deal? moo

Updated: 10:51 AM EST Dec 16, 2023

PENDLETON, S.C. —
Saturday Update
: Both suspects have been charged with four counts of murder. The judge did not set bond Saturday. In the state of South Carolina, bonds on murder charges have to be set by a circuit court judge. That might not happen until the new year.

The Vilardi's next hearing is February 20. The victims' families asked the court for no bond. Amy Vilardi asked that she be set free to see her children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94
Back