Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

Was her mom aware of her car being stolen? Was the car really stolen? She was last seen on 9/19, but that was posted on 9/17 on Instagram. I really hope there are cameras by the fire station.

There is no information about her car being stolen. She facetimed with her mother at 1 PM on Sept 19. She reported that she was unable to rent a scooter because she did not have proper footwear. She told her mother that she was going home - an 8-9 hour drive. Her mother asked her to overnight at Myrtle Beach. That is the last contact with Sheridan. Her father drove around that day looking for her. Her mother reported her missing just before midnight same day.

An hour after her facetime call, her vehicle was torched 55 miles West of the location where she facetimed. The licence plate was removed, the VIN was obscured. Two days later, her body was found 10 miles East of the torched vehicle.

This is the information we have so far.

upload_2021-9-29_14-56-52.png

Do you all think this was a mental health crisis? Maybe she was in a manic state and somehow she was at the wrong place at the wrong time and encountered someone nefarious? I say this because of the trip to MB and then then sudden coming home without actually seeing her dad.

Police: Sheridan Wahl left Myrtle Beach ‘safely’ prior to body being found in Florence County

WMBF News spoke with one of the employees of the Rent Me Superstore who confirmed that they provided surveillance video to the Myrtle Beach Police Department.

They added that they’re not certain she was at the store, but that Wahl’s father did come by on Monday to inquire about his daughter’s visit.

So we don't know if she actually tried to rent the scooter or not? That's what she told her mom but all we know is that the dad went in later to find out what happened and that they turned the camera footage over to police.

Do you all think this was a mental health crisis? Maybe she was in a manic state and somehow she was at the wrong place at the wrong time and encountered someone nefarious? I say this because of the trip to MB and then then sudden coming home without actually seeing her dad.

I'm not convinced that we know the real reason she was at Myrtle Beach.

She facetimed with her mother at 1:00 PM on Sept 19. That means she left Florida on Sept 18 or earlier. When did she actually leave Florida? Where did she spend the night between Sept 18 - 19?

If the trip was to visit her father, why didn't she visit him? Did she meet someone online who lived in Myrtle Beach, but she didn't want to tell anyone why she was going to Myrtle Beach - so claiming that it was to visit her father made the trip sound reasonable?

Who removed her licence plate, obscured the VIN and torched her car?

If mental health is an issue, vulnerability is certainly something that predators seem to easily recognize.

upload_2021-9-29_15-6-32.png

https://www.scribd.com/document/527158159/20210923150351

There is no information about her car being stolen. She facetimed with her mother at 1 PM on Sept 19. She reported that she was unable to rent a scooter because she did not have proper footwear. She told her mother that she was going home - an 8-9 hour drive. Her mother asked her to overnight at Myrtle Beach. That is the last contact with Sheridan. Her father drove around that day looking for her. Her mother reported her missing just before midnight same day.

An hour after her facetime call, her vehicle was torched 55 miles West of the location where she facetimed. The licence plate was removed, the VIN was obscured. Two days later, her body was found 10 miles East of the torched vehicle.

This is the information we have so far.

View attachment 315329
I was going off her post on Instagram on the 17th. Plus the fact that she drove afterwards to MB. I would not let my child go to MB by themselves, after Brittanee was killed, I learned how much crime there is there, human trafficking and drugs. I actually found out about this case when I put her name in to check to see if anything was new with her, and Sheridan was the first line that came up. I’ve been following Gabby’s case and the wall is shut down right now, so I wanted to check on Brittanee. I hadn’t heard about it, but I will learn what I can. I wonder if anything was gained from the camera footage at the scooter shop.

I was going off her post on Instagram on the 17th. Plus the fact that she drove afterwards to MB. I would not let my child go to MB by themselves, after Brittanee was killed, I learned how much crime there is there, human trafficking and drugs. I actually found out about this case when I put her name in to check to see if anything was new with her, and Sheridan was the first line that came up. I’ve been following Gabby’s case and the wall is shut down right now, so I wanted to check on Brittanee. I hadn’t heard about it, but I will learn what I can. I wonder if anything was gained from the camera footage at the scooter shop.

There was a lot of confusing information about Brittanee Drexel when she vanished. Her parents told her that she was not allowed to travel to Myrtle Beach, but she went anyway. She was walking a block or two and simply vanished. Twelve years later, no body, no convictions.

It's as mysterious as Sheridan. At 1:00 PM Facetime with mom, 2:00 PM torched vehicle an hour's drive away. Two days later, body found, but no info yet about estimated time of death. I hope the autopsy report is released - very curious about stomach contents.

Since Myrtle Beach police have stated that she safely left the area, I'm guessing that there was nothing in CCTV footage near the Scooter Rental to suggest that she was in trouble at that time.

I can't get my head around those two questions:

1) what was the reason she wanted to rent a scooter?
2) why, after being denied the scooter service, the next option would be to drive back home (a 8/9 hour trip). Almost like after being denied service there was no longer a reason to stay in Myrtle Beach. Which sounds ridiculous of course, since the purpose of her trip to MB was to visit her dad. Or at least, that's what she told (her mom).....

[edited: added last sentence]

Last edited:
Why at 1PM would her mother be concerned about her returning that day home? It is not like it was late in the day or evening. Did mom sense she was unable to drive?

Could definitely have been something about her state of mind at the moment of the Facetime call that alerted the mom and why the mom thought it would be better for Sheridan to stay in a hotel for the night instead of driving back.
(Not sure why just going to her dad wasn't an option here).

JMO.

She wasn't kidnapped for her vehicle, since that was torched 10 miles West of her body. It seems like there was barely enough time to leave the scooter rental and drive 55 miles to the location where the car was torched an hour later.

I hope toxicology is released. I'm curious whether someone drugged her and it turned out to be fatal - as that is one explanation for the short timeline that includes leaving the body obscured, but close enough to the main road to continue farther away to torch the vehicle.

Yeah she definitely wasn't kidnapped for her vehicle, although she may have thought that was the case. And perhaps he was sitting next to her flashing a gun or knife but reassuring her that he just wanted her to drive him somewhere up the road, hence the almost 'playful' IG post about it. He must not have appeared all that threatening to her, hence her apparent naïveté.

No signs of trauma could also indicate that she was asphyxiated? Or, LE can legally be vague - and even outright lie - about COD in order to withhold key details that only the suspect would know.

JMO.

I'm not convinced that we know the real reason she was at Myrtle Beach.

She facetimed with her mother at 1:00 PM on Sept 19. That means she left Florida on Sept 18 or earlier. When did she actually leave Florida? Where did she spend the night between Sept 18 - 19?

If the trip was to visit her father, why didn't she visit him? Did she meet someone online who lived in Myrtle Beach, but she didn't want to tell anyone why she was going to Myrtle Beach - so claiming that it was to visit her father made the trip sound reasonable?

Who removed her licence plate, obscured the VIN and torched her car?

If mental health is an issue, vulnerability is certainly something that predators seem to easily recognize.

View attachment 315338

https://www.scribd.com/document/527158159/20210923150351

While Sheridan may or may not have been suffering from mental health issues, I find the removal of the licence plate and obscuring of the VIN to be beyond what someone might think of during a mental break. (Unless it was true psychosis that had been around for a while, with enough time to consider how to 'hide from the dangerous people'.)

I think someone took advantage of her.

But then, why is LE and her family so silent over the last few days?

ETA: OK, clearly I am conflicted on the cause. But in any case I just want to wrap my arms around her family and friends to comfort them.

Last edited:
I think you're right - something about the facetime call concerned the mother. She must have contacted the father for help.

I agree that something about the call appears to have concerned the mother, but I'm not sure it is related to a crime in progress since MBPD is adamant that she was safe leaving town. However, IIRC her father posted some ambiguous references to mental health issues on his Facebook page. The mother could have been concerned about her state of mind. Her state of mind could have ultimately made her more susceptible to being a crime victim, unfortunately.

One thing is for certain - if LE didn't have a good idea of what happened, they would be all over the media asking for leads. Actually, even if they did know what happened they generally go to the media to ask for help to give the appearance of ruling out all potential leads (for case building/eliminating reasonable doubt). Which is why this case is so absurdly strange.

JMO.

The timeline seems to be very tight, with her being in MB at 1, and her car torched right before 2, 45 miles away. I’ve gone through all of the posts again and more of the media, I really think she may have gone up with someone. Perhaps it is all the time I have been on WS, but it is not safe for a young female to be driving 8 hours to MB by herself. Her body being dumped at the fire station, while a dump is never the right thing, almost makes me think the person who did it somewhat cared, like they wanted her to be found. There are plenty of areas where he could have left her, where she would not be be found, but instead, a fire station, where one could even leave an infant, and not be in trouble. The rural area, versus her being found in MB, did something happen quickly in MB and they take off? I will be interested as to what MBPD has to say when they can be certain that she left MB and was fine.

I’ve been thinking a lot about Sheridan’s passing and pondering things like her state of mind at the time. I went back and watched the videos on her Instagram, and looked at her posts. Just my opinion, but I work in mental health and don’t believe she was experiencing a break from reality or psychosis in the weeks prior. At the least, there’s nothing to indicate it on her Instagram.

I really can’t make sense of the FaceTime call with her mom at 1pm, and car found 45 miles away on fire at 2pm. It really makes no sense. Just to get 45 miles away would take almost an hour, plus who ever torched it would likely need some supplies to start a fire strong enough to engulf the car. Like gasoline, lighters, etc, you’d have to stop and buy that stuff presumably. Unless her car was already in someone else’s possession at the time of that call, it just seems too tight to make sense.

She possibly could have been picked up by two assailants with a separate car. One takes it to torch, the other has her in their car. Maybe it was for the purpose of human trafficking, but something happened where she was drugged lethally.

jmo

The timeline seems to be very tight, with her being in MB at 1, and her car torched right before 2, 45 miles away. I’ve gone through all of the posts again and more of the media, I really think she may have gone up with someone. Perhaps it is all the time I have been on WS, but it is not safe for a young female to be driving 8 hours to MB by herself. Her body being dumped at the fire station, while a dump is never the right thing, almost makes me think the person who did it somewhat cared, like they wanted her to be found. There are plenty of areas where he could have left her, where she would not be be found, but instead, a fire station, where one could even leave an infant, and not be in trouble. The rural area, versus her being found in MB, did something happen quickly in MB and they take off? I will be interested as to what MBPD has to say when they can be certain that she left MB and was fine.

Yeah, how this played out is interesting for sure. The only reason I am leaning towards a random abductor at this point and not someone she knew or was with is that bizarrely cryptic final IG post about her car being stolen and she was seemingly along for the ride.

But dang, even that isn't much to be forming conclusions on. If it weren't for the sad outcome that soon followed, I'm not sure I would've flagged a post like that as concerning and/or unusual if I saw it while scrolling through my feed. People pull crazy stunts all the time for social media attention.

JMO.

Why at 1PM would her mother be concerned about her returning that day home? It is not like it was late in the day or evening. Did mom sense she was unable to drive?

I wonder if she felt her daughter would be putting herself at risk by attempting another 9 hr drive if, presumably, she’d only just completed one.

Yeah, how this played out is interesting for sure. The only reason I am leaning towards a random abductor at this point and not someone she knew or was with is that bizarrely cryptic final IG post about her car being stolen and she was seemingly along for the ride.

But dang, even that isn't much to be forming conclusions on. If it weren't for the sad outcome that soon followed, I'm not sure I would've flagged a post like that as concerning and/or unusual if I saw it while scrolling through my feed. People pull crazy stunts all the time for social media attention.

JMO.

BBM
I've been leaning towards a random abductor since the beginning.

I don't believe that she was out of the Myrtle Beach jurisdiction before she was in trouble. The mileage doesn't work for an out-of-town hook-up - especially since the body was ditched 45 miles from town and the car was torched 55 miles from town. How long was she alive until she was found two days later?

Someone posted webcam links for Myrtle Beach upthread. Where I live, I can also access webcam images from earlier dates. Is that possible in SC? Can someone in the area check to see whether earlier dates are accessible? Sept 19, all cameras, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Especially webcams at jurisdiction line between 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM Sept 19.

Have police verified the location of the 1:00 pm facetime with mom? Sheridan told her mother that she was near the Scooter Rental. Is there confirmation from police?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back