Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

How many crime scenes are known?

We have abduction site near the moped rental business, car location, body location, clothing? What about time of death. The autopsy did not identify cause of death, but what about time of death? Stomach contents et al?

Probably just as well that social media has not gone wild here too. We have time to sort it out without rampaging, brainless socialmedia assaults.

hopefully they can capture whoever did this to her without it

but its awful, to be treated like that and just dumped behind a fire shed and her car burnt out miles away

something doesn't make sense here i hope they can fill in the blanks

hopefully they can capture whoever did this to her without it

but its awful, to be treated like that and just dumped behind a fire shed and her car burnt out miles away

something doesn't make sense here i hope they can fill in the blanks

Not sure why, but this strikes me as similar to Mollie Tibbetts. Mollie was jogging and living her life when she was intercepted by someone with other intentions for her. It happened so fast.

Sheridan facetimed with her mom. 56 minutes later her vehicle was torched an hour away. Unlike Tibbetts, it's unknown how long Sheridan was alive. I am curious about time of death. It seems like less than an hour for Sheridan to be completely incapacitated, but it seems like she was alive after her vehicle was torched farther down the road.

Myrtle Beach police said their investigation determined Wahl “left our jurisdiction safely.” They subsequently turned the case over to the State Law Enforcement Division, who is the leading the investigation.
Many questions remain unanswered in Sheridan Wahl case

upload_2021-9-28_5-33-20.jpegTelling authorities that Wahl “didn’t go to her father’s house,” the woman’s mother said Wahl used FaceTime that afternoon to contact her from a Myrtle Beach scooter rental business, where she was denied service for not wearing shoes. The woman said she told her daughter to stay in Myrtle Beach that night, then drive back to Florida the next day.

The same day that Wahl was reported missing, authorities in Florence County were alerted to the discovery of her car, a burgundy Toyota sedan, in a cornfield in Scranton, about 55 miles from the business where she had used FaceTime with her mother. According to a report, the license plate had been removed, the VIN was not legible, and the car had been set on fire.

The State Law Enforcement Division has taken over the investigation, according to agency spokesman Tommy Crosby, who declined to give details on the case. On Wednesday, Myrtle Beach police posted on their official Facebook page that Wahl had left the department’s jurisdiction safely, without adding details, and noted they had handed the case off to SLED.
South Carolina authorities investigating death of USF student

Not sure why, but this strikes me as similar to Mollie Tibbetts. Mollie was jogging and living her life when she was intercepted by someone with other intentions for her. It happened so fast.

Sheridan facetimed with her mom. 56 minutes later her vehicle was torched an hour away. Unlike Tibbetts, it's unknown how long Sheridan was alive. I am curious about time of death. It seems like less than an hour for Sheridan to be completely incapacitated, but it seems like she was alive after her vehicle was torched farther down the road.

needs more awareness so people can call in what they have seen i mean if someone has seen a man leaving the scene other people probably have seen other stuff during her murder/journey

Good point. If her mother believed that she was driving back to Florida at 1 PM on Sept 19, then by 11 PM she would be waiting for the "home safe" call. Speaking from experience, that call sometimes comes in the morning with "sorry, forgot to call ..."

This missing person call was 11 hours later - to SC police or Florida police? If it was Florida, then indeed it was a welfare check of arriving home. This strikes me as a call to Myrtle Beach about missing before she really left.

We know nothing about whether she told her father about the visit, or whether she only told her mother about the plan. It seems like she told her mother that she was going to Myrtle Beach to visit her father, but did not tell her father? Did that happen? If so, why? If so, what was the true nature of her trip? Why the sudden decision after the Scooter Rental to go home?

Who was with her? Why was that person with her? Did she use dating apps?

It sounds like her mother expected her to reach out to her father and stay the night with him, but she certainly could've meant a hotel as well depending on the paternal relationship. My understanding thus far is that she lived with her mother in Florida. The quicker than usual call to authorities could be because she didn't arrive home, but my bet is that since they seem very close (FaceTiming in the afternoon on a random day), that any absence of communications from her would be immediately troubling to the mother.

If she lived anywhere other than St. Pete, I could see her using her father living in MB as an excuse for a quick jaunt to a beach destination. I feel that this would mean either her motive was pure or...

She had a lot of social media presence and posted quite a few flattering photos of herself (as many young folks do nowadays, so not victim blaming here). Some of the photos even look professionally made (or made by someone who knows what they are doing). I wonder if her social media profile facilitated a message exchange from a nefarious someone in the MB area about doing some model work or similar (song recording, etc.)? At her age, I can see her being a bit naive to the world and overly trusting of folks claiming they can make her famous.

JMO.

We must remember that MBPD insists she left their jurisdiction safely, so they more than likely have clear evidence of such. So, when and where did whatever happen, happen then? And in such a short timeframe as otto lays out? And why is LE so quiet on this case? And when they're not quiet on it, why are they so cryptic? A random grand theft/kidnap/murder typically would have multiple LE agencies in front of the cameras and on social media begging for folks to call in if they know/saw anything. So does this mean they know what happened and who did it? Because if not, it is borderline malpractice.

A random grand theft/kidnap/murder typically would have multiple LE agencies in front of the cameras and on social media begging for folks to call in if they know/saw anything. So does this mean they know what happened and who did it? Because if not, it is borderline malpractice.

that is a very very good point, it is interesting that its only the area cops taking the case

There is a dead young woman - why do I feel like this is turning into “not us”?

why isn’t this a joint investigation?

jmo
MBPD and SLED don't play well together.

With MBPD saying she left MB safely, that leads me to believe whatever happened happened outside of MB limits but that isn't that far away, honestly. From where she was at the scooter place, if she went south, which we all assume she did, she can leave MB proper and be in another town in 10 minutes from where she was. This definitely reminds me of Brittany Drexel.

Since cops seem to have some kind of evidence that she left MB safely, I’m wondering if she stopped for food and/or gas before getting on the highway — and that’s where the abduction happened. There aren’t many places right there near the 95 connection, so it should be pretty easy for cops to check those out.

Torching the vehicle seems unnecessary— there are plenty of places to dump a car so it wouldn’t be found for a while. Makes me think the killer is trying to get rid of evidence of a crime inside the vehicle.

And yes, it’s sad how little news coverage this is getting. My mom, who lives in the MB area and follows this stuff a lot, had no idea until I told her.

JMO

I feel like the 1pm facetime call could be off on the time or she did not have possession of the vehicle (at that time). If the car was found very burnt, wouldn’t that require a bit of time to burn? Plus, the distance between where the call was made and the ultimate location of the car.
Maybe there is footage of Sheridan in an area outside of MB, alive.
I still think it is possible that she may have been harmed over the comments on the instagram, indicating she may have reported someone for stealing the car.
An overdose is possible, as well. I wonder if her demeanor at the rental store also contributed to the denial?
My opinions.
I have a feeling this is being investigated, but they are just not releasing details until a suspect is arrested. I could be wrong!

Last edited:
The Facetime call must have triggered her mother that something was wrong. When she reported Sheridan missing (just before midnight on Sunday Sept.19th) she said that Sheridan's father (and a friend) have been driving around and looking for Sheridan all day.

So based on that information I guess that the mother alerted the father soon after the Facetime call (1pm Sept. 19th) between mother and Sheridan. JMO.

Source: The missing person report provided by WMBF news (see page 2)

Quite interesting to see the statement that was made by the MBPD (Myrtle Beach Police Department) on Thursday, Sept. 23.

"The Myrtle Beach Police Department opened an investigation into a missing person, Sheridan Wahl on Sunday, September 19. During the ongoing investigation on Monday September 20, it was determined that Wahl had left our jurisdiction safely. At that time, MBPD requested the South Carolina State Law Enforcement Divison to investigate the missing person case as they have state-wide jurisdiction and authority throughout the state of South Carolina. This is still an active investigation. If you have any information about this case, please contact SLED at 803-737-9000."

Source: News article + the statement on the official FB page of Myrtle Beach Police Department

I wonder how they determined that she left Myrthle Beach safely. You would assume some kind of (traffic) camera footage or something like that. Although, I'm wondering if you can determine for 100% that somebody is safe just by camera footage. JMO

Does anyone know more about the jurisdiction 'border' of the MBPD?
Would be interesting to know at what part of the route between last seen location (scooter rental) and locations of body/car the MBPD jurisdiction ends.

Last edited:
I don't think MBPD would publicly say she left their jurisdiction safely unless they were certain of it. Which would mean that nothing was sketch at the scooter place or immediately thereafter. Whatever occurred then seems to have occurred quickly and between 20 and 50 minutes after she left MB (estimating that it would take 20 minutes to leave jurisdiction going west).

JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back