SC - Stephen Smith, 19, homicide, Hampton Co, 9 Jul 2015 *new death investigation 2023*

if any of the Murdaughs murdered this child or one of them was having relations with him and they killed him
on a dark night on a dark stretch of road...it will make this whole thing just about the worst thing I ever heard of, a southern gothic tale for the ages..maybe the most convoluted of all time...the only thing missing now is poison and incest and we will have covered just about everything...even the housekeeper is dead.

dead men tell no tales...or do they? mOO

if any of the Murdaughs murdered this child or one of them was having relations with him and they killed him
on a dark night on a dark stretch of road...it will make this whole thing just about the worst thing I ever heard of, a southern gothic tale for the ages..maybe the most convoluted of all time...the only thing missing now is poison and incest and we will have covered just about everything...even the housekeeper is dead.

dead men tell no tales...or do they? mOO
Alex Murdaugh had police car lights and a badge. Was Stephen pulled over, driven 3 miles down the road, let out, hit with a baseball bat and his car was staged? His wallet was left in his car, gas cap hanging.

What connects the murder to the Murdaugh family - a photo?

Alex Murdaugh had police car lights and a badge. Was Stephen pulled over, driven 3 miles down the road, let out, hit with a baseball bat and his car was staged? His wallet was left in his car, gas cap hanging.

Maybe someone who was there at the time Sephen was murdered is talking. Apparently there was also a rape kit done so perhaps they've found trace DNA?
I'm not sure what it is that connects the Murdaugh family to his murder but I'm glad they've found something that warrents charges.

Do I have this correct? I think I’ve had Grandpa Randolph and AM sibling Randy mixed up. Posts here that I have read recently haven’t helped!

1. Grandpa Randolph, the retired solicitor, was the second call Stephen’s father received after the first call alerting him to Stephen being found in the road? Sandy states in her letter to FBI that Grandpa RM offers to help them but after only a few interactions he stops returning their calls.

2. Sandy sees sibling Randy is at the crime scene when she arrives? Did I also read correctly that Alex as there with Randy? Randy also contacts the Smiths?

3. Were one or both of the RMs interjecting themselves in this case?

What is interesting to me is why the Murdaugh lawyers would have been alerted and trying to get involved from the get-go? This doesn’t help with the rumor mill. OMO.

Thoughts? Corrections?

Motorola police scanner is what my Dad had at the house, he was Lt. Communication & was alliwed one in the home.

I’ve thought that Randolph/Randy had one, like ambulance chaser lawyer’s.

Jmo

Here's the PDF of the letter that Sandy Smith sent to the FBI: https://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/securepdfs/2023/03/sandy-smith-letter.pdf

In the letter she says that her ex-husband was contacted by 'Solicitor Randy Murdaugh'. However, she also writes that "Stephen's twin sister, Stephanie, was approached multiple times by peers telling her that Solicitor Murdaugh's nephews were responsible."

The reference to nephews would seem to suggest that Sandy meant RMIV, not RMIII. Was RMIV an assistant solicitor like Alex was? That might explain why she referred to him that way.

Furthermore, from a Daily Beast article.
Thank you for this. It does seem they were all milling about after the murder. Really seems suspicious.

Here's the PDF of the letter that Sandy Smith sent to the FBI: https://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/securepdfs/2023/03/sandy-smith-letter.pdf

In the letter she says that her ex-husband was contacted by 'Solicitor Randy Murdaugh'. However, she also writes that "Stephen's twin sister, Stephanie, was approached multiple times by peers telling her that Solicitor Murdaugh's nephews were responsible."

The reference to nephews would seem to suggest that Sandy meant RMIV, not RMIII. Was RMIV an assistant solicitor like Alex was? That might explain why she referred to him that way.

Furthermore, from a Daily Beast article.
Thank you for this. It does seem they were all milling about after the murder. Really seems suspicious if none of their family was involved.

Thank you for this. It does seem they were all milling about after the murder. Really seems suspicious if none of their family was involved..
The fact that the Murdaugh family was all over the Stephen Smith crime scene before his family was informed seems more suspicious now that we know the Murdaugh family is typically milling around when someone in their family gets into trouble.

When Paul flipped the truck and his girlfriend phoned 911, Paul phoned his family and they cleaned up the guns and beer before checking on them. His family was unhappy that she called 911. Alex's brother picked up the truck later.

In the boat accident the Murdaughs were all over the witnesses/ victims before their parents knew they were in a boat accident. The family was allowed inside the crime scene and the brother picked up the boat later.

When Maggie and Paul were murdered, Alex's family and law partners were all around him before Buster knew what happened.

It seems that the Murdaughs swarm the scene of an accident when one of the clan caused the accident.

I'm wondering why SS would leave his gas tank open? It's just a little thing I know but if my car ran out of gas and I decided to leave it locked and walk home (I'm making an assumption he was walking to his sister) I wouldn't leave the gas cap off for fear someone would mess around and throw dirt or stones in it.

Another simple thing, if you don't have any spare gas with you why even take the cap off to begin with? You can't see much staring down a car's gas nozzle (not like a lawn mower or chainsaw type deal). Was his gas gauge broken maybe? If not, then why undo the gas cap at all if your staring at the gauge needle on E?

Was it so if a cop came by they'd know it wasn't just a dumped car needing to be towed, but a car out of gas with the owner coming back? I don't know that just seems odd since it's such a rural area to be worrying about getting towed anytime soon.

The other thing, why leave your wallet in the car if you're walking home? Was he afraid of getting jumped and robbed, it's safer in the locked car? He had his phone (a new phone according to his Mom and an Apple iPhone according to LE) a device many could also attempt to steal, so why take it and not your wallet?

Maybe someone did come by and offered him a ride to his sister? Would that make him leave his wallet locked up...?

I'm wondering why SS would leave his gas tank open? It's just a little thing I know but if my car ran out of gas and I decided to leave it locked and walk home (I'm making an assumption he was walking to his sister) I wouldn't leave the gas cap off for fear someone would mess around and throw dirt or stones in it.

Another simple thing, if you don't have any spare gas with you why even take the cap off to begin with? You can't see much staring down a car's gas nozzle (not like a lawn mower or chainsaw type deal). Was his gas gauge broken maybe? If not, then why undo the gas cap at all if your staring at the gauge needle on E?

Was it so if a cop came by they'd know it wasn't just a dumped car needing to be towed, but a car out of gas with the owner coming back? I don't know that just seems odd since it's such a rural area to be worrying about getting towed anytime soon.

The other thing, why leave your wallet in the car if you're walking home? Was he afraid of getting jumped and robbed, it's safer in the locked car? He had his phone (a new phone according to his Mom and an Apple iPhone according to LE) a device many could also attempt to steal, so why take it and not your wallet?

Maybe someone did come by and offered him a ride to his sister? Would that make him leave his wallet locked up...?
I have exactly the same questions!

I’ve heard of doing it to signal what was wrong so as not to get towed,like leaving the hood slightly up.

Yes, it’s old school evidently.
That’s the way I have understood it to mean. Leaving cap out or the door to the tank signals that vehicle out of gas. White towel in window means help.

Jmo

But Bland says differently.

It was reported that Smith ran out of gas and was walking in the street when he was hit, but Bland says he does not believe this is true.

"He definitely didn't run out of gas," Bland said.

When asked if he believes Smith was killed elsewhere and his car was placed at the location at where authorities found it, Bland responded, "I do."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back