SC - Stephen Smith, 19, homicide, Hampton Co, 9 Jul 2015 *new death investigation 2023*

Stephen Smith, Was it Murder? | Profiling Evil​

Profiling Evil explains the injuries found on Stephen Smith, who many Profiling Evil helps viewers understand Stephen Smith's injuries. Was it murder? Is Stephen Smith, who many believe is another victim of the Murdaugh legacy. Was this an automobile / Pedestrian accident or a targeted homicide? 3/16/23

Maybe coroner saw nursing? Signs of a rape? So hoping there’s still dna. But that doesn’t mean the rapist was the killer
A rape test kit does not necessarily have to be assumed as proof of rape if physically signs are present or not , however the test can verify any DNA or signs of sexual intercourse. I will leave others to opine on reasons some might find those findings helpful or not .. If indeed a son was accused of being "Gay " and finding DNA of said sons guilt of gayness and murder

3/6/23--Unscripted Sandy Smith interviewed by Chanley Painter at 4 min mark:

At 11 min mark, Sandy talks about how she processed Stephen's vehicle herself and contacted the names she found in the car.

With all the news coming out I’ve been wondering if there wasn’t (trigger warning) molestation in the Murdaugh home? What would it take to keep a nanny quiet? I would think she saw something VERY BAD going on there potentially between father and son/s.

Perhaps it was a concern that not just the truth about Stephen would come out, but the truth about many young men (sons included) that were victimized. Paul was acting out for a reason. Perhaps Buster has identified with his abuser if Buster is guilty of killing Stephen (which is what Stephen’s mother believes).

This case reminds me of the Susan Powell case for some reason. Like something very dark in the family - deep secrets involving potential pedophilia and and incest. The annihilation aspect cannot be denied.

Did Stephen have an idea this was going on In the home? Was he silenced like the Nanny for it as well? I have a hard time believing this was a hate crime of opportunity. Of course there was an element of hate, but I feel it had some degree of premeditation.

Last edited:
With all the news coming out I’ve been wondering if there wasn’t (trigger warning) molestation in the Murdaugh home? What would it take to keep a nanny quiet? I would think she saw something VERY BAD going on there potentially between father and son/s.

Perhaps it was a concern that not just the truth about Stephen would come out, but the truth about many young men (sons included) that were victimized. Paul was acting out for a reason. Perhaps Buster has identified with his abuser?

This case reminds me of the Susan Powell case for some reason. Like something very dark in the family - deep secrets involving potential pedophilia and and incest. The annihilation aspect cannot be denied.

Did Stephen have an idea this was going on? Was he silenced like the Nanny for it as well?
bbm

I’m not sure that I can get behind this theory (though it is certainly a possibility).

But this, Paul was acting out for a reason, stands out to me.

I totally agree. And I think it bears exploration. I’m not sure that this is the proper thread for that. But all of these Murdaugh adjacent cases are a tangle.

I’m not sure that I can get behind this theory (though it is certainly a possibility).

But this, Paul was acting out for a reason, stands out to me.

I totally agree. And I think it bears exploration. I’m not sure that this is the proper thread for that. But all of these Murdaugh adjacent cases are a tangle.
It’s all tangled together. You can’t discuss one case without the other unfortunately. At least if we are exploring theory and motivation.

2 sons in the same family don’t just go around murdering people their own age bc they had a happy life. They were deeply confused/disturbed. It all seems to tie back to Alex and his demons. The rape test kit is being performed a bit too late. There is the chance that a teen who has experienced consistent sexual abuse might rape and abuse another teen.

The Murdaugh boys were extremely angry - something seen often in young/teen male victims of SA.

Perhaps Buster has identified with his abuser if Buster is guilty of killing Stephen (which is what Stephen’s mother believes).
^^rsbm

SS has never stated she blames or believes Buster is responsible.

SS has been very clear and continues to assert that any allegation of a Murdaugh involved in the death and/or cover-up of Stephen's murder did not originate with her.

To be clear, in her interview on 3/6/23 with Chanley Painter (posted up-thread), she details how she identified the wealthy, individual her son may have been seeing and it was NOT Buster.

My heart really goes out to Stephen's mom, who has been through way too much and deserves to know the truth about her son's death. The truth will prevail, imo.

Seeing reporting about the #StephenSmith investigation. Some contex/food for thought: when SCHP and other others arrived on scene, the reports say troopers, agents believed it was a homicide - that SS had been shot in the head
@LawCrimeNetwork
1/4

Hours later during the autopsy, Dr. Erin Presnell said SS died from head trauma caused by a vehicle hit and run, manner of death-undetermined. Troopers, agents and the Hampton Co. Coroner did not believe that and Presnell became defensive when challenged
@LawCrimeNetwork
2/4

Finger nail clippings were taken along with swabs of Stephen's genital area. These are all things that are done during an autopsy for a death that appears to be the result of foul play. This could help pinpoint killer.
@LawCrimeNetwork
3/4

I think the real question should be: why was Dr. Presnell so resistant to explaining her findings. She told troopers it was their job to determine what killed Stephen. Actually, it's her job to assist with that. Why on earth list manner "undetermined?"
@LawCrimeNetwork
4/4

My heart really goes out to Stephen's mom, who has been through way too much and deserves to know the truth about her son's death. The truth will prevail, imo.

Seeing reporting about the #StephenSmith investigation. Some contex/food for thought: when SCHP and other others arrived on scene, the reports say troopers, agents believed it was a homicide - that SS had been shot in the head
@LawCrimeNetwork
1/4

Hours later during the autopsy, Dr. Erin Presnell said SS died from head trauma caused by a vehicle hit and run, manner of death-undetermined. Troopers, agents and the Hampton Co. Coroner did not believe that and Presnell became defensive when challenged
@LawCrimeNetwork
2/4

Finger nail clippings were taken along with swabs of Stephen's genital area. These are all things that are done during an autopsy for a death that appears to be the result of foul play. This could help pinpoint killer.
@LawCrimeNetwork
3/4

I think the real question should be: why was Dr. Presnell so resistant to explaining her findings. She told troopers it was their job to determine what killed Stephen. Actually, it's her job to assist with that. Why on earth list manner "undetermined?"
@LawCrimeNetwork
4/4

The cause of death is the specific injury or disease that leads to death.

The manner of death is the determination of how the injury or disease leads to death. There are five manners of death (natural, accident, suicide, homicide, and undetermined).

I don't disagree with Dr. Presnell's findings here including the undetermined manner of death during what should have been an ongoing death investigation. Based on this determination, there was still an opportunity for the manner of death to be revised to homicide. It's not like the Dr. determined SS accidentally walked into oncoming traffic and was responsible for his own death.

Relative to the state trooper taking over the investigation, this is also a known protocol when a death is believed the result of a vehicle accident. To the dismay of many, CA Highway Patrol was also responsible for the investigation after the death/recovery of Kiely Rodni.

I also find the emphasis on the rape kit to be nothing short of trying to sensationalize the death of a young man. IMO, it's sick to capitalize on the death of a young man with clickbait. o_O

ETA: Perhaps it's human nature in cases like this when given an inch of credible information to "pile it on," (fact or fiction)!

I dunno ... I'm finding it more often than not to go overboard to the point of distorting the facts and destroying anything left of a once credible investigation. I'm personally really tired of the attorneys latching on to anything deemed Murdaugh related. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back